You're the coach | The Boneyard

You're the coach

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
Down by by two, shot clock is off, what do you call? Specifically, what are running? How long do run clock before starting. What is option 1 and what is option 2? Who do you want talking the shots?

Run the clock down to ten with ball movement, screen for Gilbert (or Vital) from the three, flash Bouk for the dump down if the three isn't there.

Everybody doesn't like what they are seeing from Hurley, what's your idea.

CL82

Reaction Score
Kind of a cop out if you don't list your play. Easy to bitch about Hurley, but when you stop and think about out our options, you realize that there isn't a really a go to guy.

Last edited:

Mr. Wonderful

Whistleblower
Reaction Score
Horns set, double screen for a Bouknight lob to the rim.

Reaction Score
Dump the ball down to Carlton.. Let him do his work. If doubled kick out to Vital for a running layup. If they stop that kick to AG for a over penetration dribble. If we still have the ball kick out to Adams for a 3. Nothing but air for the win!

Last edited:
Reaction Score
High screen and let Bouk or Vital go to the basket to draw a foul. We can’t shoot.

Reaction Score
Horns set, double screen for a Bouknight lob to the rim.
This play seems to work most of the time! I’d start at about the 15 second mark get the ball in Christians hands see if he can drive if not, take a 3 with about 6-7 second left and if it’s missed try and rebound and get a putback

Huskyforlife

Akokbouk
Reaction Score
Kind of a cop out if you don't list your play. Easy to bitch about Hurley, but when you stop and think about out our options, you realize that there isn't a really a go to guy.
I'm not making 4 million dollars to be the head coach at the University of Connecticut.

Reaction Score
Double screen for Bouk for him to curl into a pass at the elbow. Option to flare a screener for a 3. 2nd screener big man posts up on the block.

Reaction Score
I don't have any problem with Hurley's play calling but I'm running an off the ball screen with Bouk to get Vital* open for a 3 and if they come out hard on him a lob/pass to Bouk going to the basket.

*Insert Polley if we still had him

Reaction Score
Definiteiy dump it in to Carlton so he can show us his cement shoes , make a three step spin move so a travel is called, then I can yell at my tv which, In turn , will cause my wife to say “stop yelling , your going to wake the baby up!” . Fun times. Lol. Love this team.

CL82

Reaction Score
Double screen for Bouk for him to curl into a pass at the elbow. Option to flare a screener for a 3. 2nd screener big man posts up on the block.
Not sure If I want Bouk taking this shot, but I like it.

the Q

Yowie Wowie. We’re gonna have so much fun here
Reaction Score
I run pick and pop with Akok with Bouknoght coming off a screen away from the ball as option two

this with vital sitting in the corner on that side of the floor (corner 3) if his defender collapses on Bouk.

Reaction Score
Run a clearout for Bouknight.
I trust him to shoot or make FTs and !if doubled pass off for a layup(well if we could make one).
Go with about 9 seconds to get a rebound up on a miss.

Reaction Score
I still can’t figure out why Gilbert can’t just get to the foul line area and pass the ball to someone just as the D closes in. That’s a key component of successful basketball and this team can’t do it for some reason. It would make sense if we had no one that can get to the lane but AG can definitely do it.

Since that never happens, I’d say give Bouk the ball and watch him go.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
It’s not about the last possession. It’s the 3 to 5 that preceded it. The key is floor spacing, rotational movement with screens in whatever series or patterns of movements the coach wants to free up shot options. The offense is standing around waiting for somebody else to make a play. We reduce to a CV bad 3 or a PG drive into the trees. It’s just beyond pathetic watching the same thing unfold game over game. It’s anomalous and not even in line with the statistical probability based on scoring possession conversion rates. At worst we take 3 of 7 of the games if they played like the other 38 minutes. Sorry, Hurley has to do better. A lot better.

Hoops91

The Truth Factory
Reaction Score
I’d run the 3pt Picket Fence...easy

XLCenterFan

CT, NE
Reaction Score
The fact that we can't get a good shot off with the shot clock, half, or game winding down has been a consistent theme all year, and that has to be on the coach. I absolutely have not bailed on Hurley, but that has to be addressed.

In the proposed situation, I would probably give CV the ball and run a pick and roll, with no intention of ever giving the ball to the screener, unless wide open. Let CV either pull up or go to the rim. There's the chance he gets fouled, especially if he attacks the rim, and he's a great free throw shooter.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
UChuskman

Top Bottom