OT: - You're No Daisy. | The Boneyard

OT: You're No Daisy.

Carnac

That venerable sage from the west
Reaction Score
That was a line from the 1993 motion picture "Tombstone" with Kurt Russell and Val Kilmer. Doc Holliday said that to a villain (Johnny Ringo) he was about to have a shootout with.

The same can be said of mother nature. Hurricane Ida had left tons of rain water her her wake since making landfall last week, and it's headed your way (Connecticut) if it hasn't already arrived. I say that because Ida is dumping tons and tons of rain in it's wake that no one in it's path wants or needs. Portions of New Orleans and Louisiana are under water and without power. You've been watching TV, you know what I'm talking about. I'm NOT talking about the wind, just the water.

Out here in California and the entire western region of the country, we could use EVERY DROP of that rain water. We've got plenty room for every drop. There are numerous fires in the state that are nowhere near being contained. As I write this post, there is a MANDATORY evacuation order for South Lake Tahoe. The water levels in many of our lakes and rivers are at an all time low. We're in the middle of a drought. If there were only a way to transfer all of that water that IDA has dumped in the last 36 hours on parts of the country that didn't want it, we would take it. It would extinguish all of the fires here, and fill our lakes and reservoirs back to capacity.

The American West is drying up before our very eyes - Spectrum News

That's why I say to mother nature, "you're no daisy". You're dumping all of that water on parts of the country that don't want it, when you could give to us. We need it badly. I hope all of you stay safe and Ida passes you by with little no no property (road) damage to your area. Be safe everyone.

Last edited:

JordyG

Stake in my pocket, Vlad to see you
Reaction Score
Merely one of my favorite westerns of all time. My favorite lines? "I'll be your huckleberry", "Poor boy, he was just too high strung" and their exchange in Latin. I wish you in Cali the best of rains and those in Louisiana the least. Stay safe y'all.

MSGRET

MSG, US Army Retired
Reaction Score
That was a line from the 1993 motion picture "Tombstone" with Kurt Russell and Val Kilmer. Doc Holliday said that to a villain (Johnny Ringo) he was about to have a shootout with.

The same can be said of mother nature. Hurricane Ida had left tons of rain water her her wake since making landfall last week, and it's headed your way (Connecticut) if it hasn't already arrived. I say that because Ida is dumping tons and tons of rain in it's wake that no one in it's path wants or needs. Portions of New Orleans and Louisiana are under water and without power. You've been watching TV, you know what I'm talking about. I'm NOT talking about the wind, just the water.

Out here in California and the entire western region of the country, we could use EVERY DROP of that rain water. We've got plenty room for every drop. There are numerous fires in the state that are nowhere near being contained. As I write this post, there is a MANDATORY evacuation order for South Lake Tahoe. The water levels in many of our lakes and rivers are at an all time low. We're in the middle of a drought. If there were only a way to transfer all of that water that IDA has dumped in the last 36 hours on parts of the country that didn't want it, we would take it. It would extinguish all of the fires here, and fill our lakes and reservoirs back to capacity.

The American West is drying up before our very eyes - Spectrum News

That's why I say to mother nature, "you're no daisy". You're dumping all of that water on parts of the country that don't want it, when you could give to us. We need it badly. I hope all of you stay safe and Ida passes you by with little no no property (road) damage to your area. Be safe everyone.

What the Federal Government should do is use some of the infrastructure money and build some pipelines (3 to 4) from the East coast to Western States. One up North, one in the Central, and one in the Southern portion of the the US.

Dogstar

Of course I'm Sirius
Reaction Score
Merely one of my favorite westerns of all time. My favorite lines? "I'll be your huckleberry", "Poor boy, he was just too high strung" and their exchange in Latin. I wish you in Cali the best of rains and those in Louisiana the least. Stay safe y'all.
Go ahead, skin tht smoke wagon and see wht happens (slaps the man), you gonna do something or stand there and bleed.

Carnac

That venerable sage from the west
Reaction Score
Wow!!! SMH. I turned on my TV this morning to catch up on the latest news on hurricane Ida. SMH. I was in awe looking at the amount of devastation property loss, and loss of life this hurricane/storm has caused. From New Orleans to Massachusetts, Ida has left flood damage in it's wake that will take months/years to recover from. Airports shut down, NYC subways flooded, streets flooded, levies over flowing it's banks causing water to run out into the surrounding streets/highways.

Parking lots under water with only the tops of cars visible. I watched 3 channels this morning. Our local ABC affiliate, CNN and the weather channel. I saw footage of the aftermath of multiple tornados that touched down over night, completely destroying homes that where standing unscathed only 24 hours ago. Roads flooded, cars that were setting in the streets abandoned, people being rescued from their homes with water standing 4-5 feet deep by responders with watercrafts. Cars lined up as far as the eye can see waiting to get gas at stations that are still open, needing gas for their cars and home generators. SMH.

To make matters worse, there's another hurricane coming your way. Hurricane Larry. It's due to reach landfall sometime Tuesday with projected winds and rain similar to that of Ida. :( Thoughts and prayers to all of you in the north east area of the country that have been effected by this horrible storm. Be smart, be safe, unfortunately, it ain't over yet.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Texasfan01

Top Bottom