Your Preference NOT Considering Risks/Financials | The Boneyard

Your Preference NOT Considering Risks/Financials

Your Preference?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Reaction Score
Assuming UConn gets two offers tomorrow, which conference would you prefer. NOT considering Stability Risk or Financials? In other words, levelize those two parameters in your mind.

Reaction Score
Although Big 12 has a more exciting future, ACC is more like the Big East than the NBE especially if you add WV.

Reaction Score
The only reason the Big XII is attractive is because of financials and stability, so this is an easy choice.
This.

Without consideration to the financials and risks, this isn't even close. Play FSU and Clemson in football and UNC, Duke, Syracuse in basketball? Don't travel outside the eastern time zone? And this is all before considering yearly games against BC? This is a no-brainer.

Reaction Score
XII- better conference both for football, hoops, & baseball. And financially.

huskidork

bailey
Reaction Score
either is fine tbh, but just geographically and culturally the ACC makes so much sense

Reaction Score
I prefer B12 fan bases. They seem more rabid. Plus, WVU and Cincy aren’t BC and Cuse in terms of rivals, but they are better sports schools.

Urcea

Rent Enjoyer
Reaction Score
ACC, but it's closer than you'd think. Cuse and BC being moribund really hurts the appeal

huskeynut

Leader of the Band
Reaction Score
B 12. Stability, financials, better athletic programs.

I have no use for the ACC. Our former BE mates have screwed us over a few times. The ACC is not a long term stable conference.

Reaction Score
Enjoy being back in AAC level football without P3 status and with crappy basketball once the ACC GOR runs out.

But other than that and the lack of money associated with being in a bad football and basketball conference: which would you choose?

ctchamps

We are UConn!! 4>1 But 5>>>>1 is even better!
Reaction Score
Travel and nostalgia the ACC.
Football a wash.
Baseball lean to B12.

Basketball would be interesting.
Men Kansas, Arizona, Baylor, Houston, Oklahoma State, Iowa State, with the unknown of Cinci and WV would easily be comparable to North Carolina, Duke, Virginia, Miami with the unknown of Syracuse, Ville and Pittsburgh. I lean B12.
Women would have Arizona, Iowa State and Baylor vs. Duke and North Carolina. Definitely a lean to B12.

Of course this exercise is like going on a house tour and deciding which is your favorite home but not considering if it's on stable ground or if it's practical.

Reaction Score
The good folks in the ACC tried to kill us multiple times. I have no love for them.
That is where my head is at too. I would rather see the ACC die. That is what I am rooting for and hopefully at great expense to ESPN.

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
Of course this exercise is like going on a house tour and deciding which is your favorite home but not considering if it's on stable ground or if it's practical.
Or whether the house is actually for sale.

Reaction Score
Your father, who ignored you as a kid, deserted the family when you were still young. Now Mom is interested in a new guy who you kind of like and the one big obvious thing you notice is how much more he pays attention to her and you. Now Dad reappears and wants to come back to the family. Mom asks you, do you want to have Dad back, or my new friend who takes you places Dad never did?
It's an easy call. Dad is toast!

RioDog

Block C Bozo
Reaction Score
Big XII leadership seems to have its sschitt together way better than the ACC.

Reaction Score
it’s easy to assume the ACC is dead when their contract is up( or earlier if contested successfully) I think it is just as likely that 3 years before it expires ESPN will agree to dissolve the current contract and negotiate a larger payout. Particularly if the top brands play at a high level in football. In addition it is far more likely that basketball will be more valuable if they separate from the NCAA.ESPN (who knows it could be Apple by then)will want to keep them under their umbrella.

Urcea

Rent Enjoyer
Reaction Score
Not that it moves the needle too much, but one clear advantage for the ACC is it has some really great bowls - Fenway, Pinstripe, and Military in our region. Most of the Big XII’s bowls are in Texas as far as I know; may be good for recruiting but dreadful for fan participation

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WillngtnOak

Top Bottom