Your last dollar on the line: | The Boneyard

Your last dollar on the line:

Reaction Score
from purely a league perspective you want them in.....so I will put my 2nd to last $....if I put my last $ there's a good chance I'll go to sleep at night and then wake up in the street

but it is a sad commentary on the AAC

Played Syracuse close before S got it together, but should have lost to Quinnipiac

I'll say yeah, I've been broke before and its not that big a deal

eebmg

Fair and Balanced
Reaction Score
No. I think they will get tripped up a few times imho. They can't keep escaping tight games like they have been

Plebe

La verdad no peca pero incomoda
Reaction Score
If they can win out in all their games except UConn, they're in. Their RPI is currently #15, and I don't think a team with a top 20 RPI has ever been left out of the tournament.

But if they just lose one more game to a non-UConn opponent, I'm betting they're out. And by the way they've been playing lately, I don't see them winning 6 in a row after Sunday's game. The road game at Houston on March 4 will be a tough one for them.

triaddukefan

Tobacco Road Gastronomer
Reaction Score
If @Plebe loaned me a dollar I would bet that they would get in. I wouldnt want to use my own last dollar. If I were on the committee they wouldn't be in the tourney.

Plebe

Reaction Score
If @Plebe loaned me a dollar I would bet that they would get in. I wouldnt want to use my own last dollar. If I were on the committee they wouldn't be in the tourney.
Ahem ... if you were on the committee you would be excluded from the room while UCF is discussed because of your bias and conflict of interest :cool:

triaddukefan

Tobacco Road Gastronomer
Reaction Score
Ahem ... if you were on the committee you would be excluded from the room while UCF is discussed because of your bias and conflict of interest :cool:

:rolleyes:

Plebe

Reaction Score
Would they recognize him with a bucket on his head:p
Lol.

"Yo. Buckethead. We already went over this 5 times. Duke can't be in the tournament with a losing record. And no, we can't stipulate that Carolina has to play with their sneakers tied together."

Reaction Score
Yes, but only if they win every game except UCOnn. I'd love to see them get in.

Reaction Score
If they can win out in all their games except UConn, they're in. Their RPI is currently #15, and I don't think a team with a top 20 RPI has ever been left out of the tournament.

But if they just lose one more game to a non-UConn opponent, I'm betting they're out. And by the way they've been playing lately, I don't see them winning 6 in a row after Sunday's game. The road game at Houston on March 4 will be a tough one for them.
Eons ago I can recall a Kentucky team with a high RPI , I think top 20, not making it. They had the high RPI because they lost to a lot of good teams.

triaddukefan

Tobacco Road Gastronomer
Reaction Score
If you were on the committee what would be served for lunch?

Lamb souvlaki, hot dogs with chili mustard slaw onions and pimento cheese... prime rib sliders..... greek salad, , bbq chicken, fried chicken, chopped pork bbq... cole slaw... potato salad. No dessert.. that would be too fattening :mad:

triaddukefan

Tobacco Road Gastronomer
Reaction Score
Lol.

"Yo. Buckethead. We already went over this 5 times. Duke can't be in the tournament with a losing record. And no, we can't stipulate that Carolina has to play with their sneakers tied together."

Well u implying that school is gonna make it. They probably played themselves right to the bubble..... and I see that bubble bursting soon :cool:

Plebe

Reaction Score
oh boy
I called this way back when they had Syracuse on the ropes but failed to close it out. They had not picked up the quality wins they were gonna need, since the AAC was not going to offer them any opportunities.

I don't think I've ever seen a team so high in the RPI have so little in the way of quality wins.

Reaction Score
Yes, Villanova and Quinnipiac.

How about the win over Pitt from the ACC, the #1 power conference in WCBB. Same Pitt team defeated UNC. A UNC (darling of the ACC) team recently coming off a week for the ages, beating an undefeated NC St and also what was the #1 team in this land, in big bad ND. Surely some trickle down effect is deserving of UCF...where's the love for the AAC? ;)

triaddukefan

Tobacco Road Gastronomer
Reaction Score
Chi-McBride-Oh-Hell-No.gif

Last edited:
Reaction Score
Rethinking this one, maybe they should not make the tourney...don't really want opposing players getting hurt. :rolleyes:

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ahserve34

Top Bottom