Your Friday Viewing Guide | The Boneyard

Your Friday Viewing Guide

Reaction Score
Hope you all had a great Thanksgiving. A one day reprieve from college basketball makes me excited for today's slate that starts very early.

11 AM:

Gonzaga/Auburn didn't sound like a cakewalk entering the season, but with Cooper still ruled ineligible, this should be an easy win for Gonzaga. Having missed yesterday's game, I'm excited to get a glimpse of Jalen Suggs play and having Andrew Nembhard join earlier last week has been a coup. Virginia/San Francisco is another solid matchup although Virginia should dominate. Like Gonzaga, Virginia got a surprise waiver last week when Rice's Trey Murphy was added to the squad scoring 21 points with six threes. Huge get for Virginia with their offensive woes last year.

12 PM:

Xavier/Toledo. Steele is putting together a solid collection of mid-majors to play against and it continues today against Toledo with Marreon Jackson one of the most exciting guards in the MAC.

1:30 PM: Western Kentucky/West Virginia is one of the best games, if not the best game of the day. After a slow start, Charles Bassey had an insane game yesterday. At 1, Ohio/Illinois could be fun as Ohio's Jason Preston is one of the more talented do-everything guards in the nation.

3 PM: Boise State/Houston is my other candidate as the best game of the day. If you haven't watched Derrick Alston yet he's a blast: a bean pole point-forward. Boise State could be the best team in the MWC. UCLA/Pepperdine is another good one: Pepperdine's Colbey Ross is a gamer and Pepperdine has the talent to be the 2nd best team in the WCC. UCLA has already lost to San Diego State.

4 PM: Very excited for Seton Hall/Louisville. I like Chris Mack, but I really enjoy hating Louisville basketball and looking forward to and hoping for Bryce Aiken to develop as Seton Hall's lead guard. Utah State/Northern Iowa is another interesting game, however Utah State has had a rough 0-2 start to the season.

7 PM: A very underrated mid-major game between UNC-Greensboro and Little Rock. Both teams could finish the season as the best teams in their respective conferences. UT-Arlington/Louisiana Tech and UC Irvine/San Diego State are other very good mid-major tilts. South Dakota State/Saint Mary's another decent game on at 6:30.

8 PM: UConn/Hartford. While CCSU is a guard-heavy team, I'm curious to see how UConn adjusts to playing to a team with two of their better players 6'9-6'10: 6'9 stretch forward Hunter Marks and 6'10 post forward Miroslav Stafl.

Good opportunity to experiment with lineups that would be tested against the likes of Marquette (Garcia/John) and Providence (Watson/Horchler/etc): two Big East teams with similar profiles amongst their forwards.

Kansas State/Colorado another solid game and it starts at 8:30. VCU/Memphis at 9: VCU one of the easier teams to root for in the NCAA.

Enjoy!

Last edited:
Reaction Score
Is cbssn a national network or do they show regional games? I get CBSSN online but not sure if I can just hdmi it on my tv or if i’m gonna get blacked out

Reaction Score
7 PM: A very underrated mid-major game between UNC-Greensboro and Little Rock. Both teams could finish the season as the best teams in the conferences. UT-Arlington/Louisiana Tech and UC Irvine/San Diego State are other very good mid-major tilts. South Dakota State/Saint Mary's another decent game on at 6:30.

Enjoy!

I was hoping you'd bring up UNCG/LR (on ESPN3 for those wondering). This might be the game of the day. UNCG features guard Isaiah Miller, dubbed "King of the Socon" who was the Socon PoY and DPoY last season. He'll go up against LR double-double MACHINE in Ruot Monyyong (aka Yong Mony) who went for 16 & 10 vs Prairie View first game out and averaged 12 & 10 last season. Both teams were highly successful last season and are looking to make that jump this year. UNCG has the X-factor in transfer center Hayden Koval. After three seasons at Central Arkansas, Koval cemented himself as maybe the best shotblocker in Southland Conference history. At 7-1 220, he's a big boy that averaged 3 blocks per game last year to go with 7.6 boards and over 12 ppg. If him and Miller can gel early on offense and contain Yong Mony on D, this UNCG team could cruise today and go very far this season -- if it all clicks, I wouldn't be shocked to see a 12 seed UNCG upset one or two teams in the Big Dance.

Reaction Score
Friday 11/27/20

Toledo @ Xavier, 12:00, FS1 - Lane Grindle, Nick Bahe
Line: Xavier -10/140

Seton Hall @ Louisville, 4:00, ESPN2 - Mike Couzens, Fran Fraschilla
Line: Louisville -6/142.5

Eastern Illinois @ Marquette, 7:30, FS1 - Eric Collins, Steve Lavin
Line: Marquette -14.5/150.5

Hartford @ Connecticut, 8:00, CBSSN - Jason Horowitz, Chris Walker
Line: Conn -22/145

Reaction Score
Xavier game is not being televised? I tuned in at like 12:05 and saw horse racing on both FS1 and FS2.

Also I’ll be watching Cuse at 3

Reaction Score
20201127_122126.jpg

Reaction Score
Virginia in a dogfight with San Fran, who just lost to UMass-Lowell 2 days ago.

SF up 7 with 2m left

wheelerdog

#OneForTheThumb
Reaction Score
Watching Western Kentucky right now. Is there a more annoying analyst than Dan Dakich?

Reaction Score
Watching Western Kentucky right now. Is there a more annoying analyst than Dan Dakich?
Absolutely not! I can't stand listening to him. I wonder if he was like this with his kids. If so they must be messed up.

Last edited:

BGesus4

Running everywhere
Reaction Score
There's something hilarious about seeing a "Power" program play zone against Bryant.

Bryant seems to be enjoying it.

Also, one of Calhoun's guys from St Joe's is lighting sewer up... the tradition continues

nelsonmuntz

Point Center
Reaction Score
If any coach should absolutely wear his mask correctly, it is Bob Huggins. It is uncomfortable to watch an old, obese guy with a history of heart attacks wear his mask on his chin.

Reaction Score
Absolutely not! I can't stand listening to him. I wonder if he was like this with his kids. If so they must be up.

I would bet money that Dakich was an absolute nightmare to be around in high school. Guy just seems like a classic d___head.

Also: Gonzaga is loaded.

Reaction Score
I would bet money that Dakich was an absolute nightmare to be around in high school. Guy just seems like a classic d___head.
Dakich sounds like a guy who would be last guy into a scrum just to sucker punch someone and then he'd walk away all juiced, flexing his bicep.

Last edited:

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jjblox

Top Bottom