OT: - Your favorite Christmas movies | Page 4 | The Boneyard

OT: Your favorite Christmas movies

Chin Diesel

Power of Love
Reaction Score
Office Christmas Party
th (2).jpeg

Reaction Score
We just watched "Last Christmas" with my 2 brothers and 10 year old niece last night. I had seen and loved it. Everybody liked it. Who doesn't love a move filled with Wham songs? hehe. I also like: It's a Wonderful life, Elf, Just Friends, Bad Santa and National Lampoon's Christmas Vacation.

ctchamps

We are UConn!! 4>1 But 5>>>>1 is even better!
Reaction Score
Surprised no one has mentioned Ted Lasso’s “Carol of the Bells”.

Reaction Score
I'm an old man, so my favorites are the classics.
White Christmas
Holiday Inn
It's a wonderful life
Miracle on 34th Street
Although it's technically not a Christmas movie ala DIE Hard,
Going My Way's climatic scene takes place on Christmas eve, so I call it one.
My favorite Christmas movies…….

1) The Apartment (surprisingly very Christmasy and also flat out one of the greatest films ever made)
2) White Christmas
3) It’s a Wonderful Life
4) The Shop Around the Corner
5) Christmas in Connecticut
6) Edward Scissorhands
7) Miracle on 34th Street
8) The Bishops Wife
9) A Christmas Carol (1951)
10) Ben-Hur 1959. Not a Christmas movie in the traditional sense but its sub title is “A Tale of the Christ”, it begins at Christ’s birth in a manger and ends just after his crucifixion, as Judah’s mother and sister are cured of leprosy.

Reaction Score
1 - Home Alone
2 - A Christmas Story
3 - National Lampoon's Christmas Vacation
4 - White Christmas

Reaction Score
Daddy's Home 2, saw it for the first time this year and I recommend.
Just watched that 3 years ago for the first time and make sure I watch it every year. Not sure i even saw the first one but adding Mel Gibson and Jon Lithgow as the grandparents and then throwing in John Cena- lot of funny moments. Especially with the kids in the movie.

StllH8L8ner

You’ll get nothing and like it!
Reaction Score
Mrs StllH8L8ner forces the kids and I to watch “The Night They Saved Christmas” every year on Christmas Eve. She used to watch it with her siblings when they were young so we’re continuing the tradition with our kids.

87Xfer

Resident Ignorant Dope
Reaction Score
The Year Without a Santa Clause
Santa Clause Is Comin' to Town

The Year Without A Santa Claus Sun GIF by filmeditor
The second one really launched Mark Few's career, playing Snow Miser. Credit to someone else here for noticing...

Reaction Score
The second one really launched Mark Few's career, playing Snow Miser. Credit to someone else here for noticing...
My take? Other than the Miser Bros songs, the rest of the hour is a D-

Reaction Score
A Christmas Carol..Alistair Sim.
Its A wonderful Life
National Lampoon Christmas Vacation
Home Alone
Trains, Planes and Automobiles
Elf
Bad Santa
the Santa Claus
Scrooged
A Christmas Carol..George C Scott

Reaction Score
Surprised "Bad Santa" was not mentioned more often. That's my clear number one. The exact right balance between dark humor/meanness/venality and spiritual redemption.

But my wife hates that movie, so maybe I'm the crazy one.

Reaction Score
Surprised "Bad Santa" was not mentioned more often. That's my clear number one. The exact right balance between dark humor/meanness/venality and spiritual redemption.

It's not my favorite but deserves mention. I know that I'm crazy as many including my wife have offered that opinion of me.

storrsroars

Exiled in Pittsburgh
Reaction Score

It's not my favorite but deserves mention. I know that I'm crazy as many including my wife have offered that opinion of me.
I've enjoyed Bad Santa pretty much every year, but much more as a straight up raunchy comedy than a "Christmas" movie as my particular criteria for that is a film that puts me in a Christmasy mood - something Bad Santa distinctly does not do. I actually feel more naug.hty than nice each time I watch the thing, lol. I'm happy that Brett Kelly ended up a normal guy as I think many child actors could've been traumatized for life by the Thurman Merman role.

Anyway, here's a pretty great article on a lot of backstory stuff regarding making Bad Santa. Including the fact that the first actor the Coen brothers wanted to play Santa was James Gandolfini. And that Thornton was legitimately wasted for several of his drunken scenes. Now that's Method Acting.

(wth, "naugh.ty" is a verboten word here?)

Reaction Score
I've enjoyed Bad Santa pretty much every year, but much more as a straight up raunchy comedy than a "Christmas" movie as my particular criteria for that is a film that puts me in a Christmasy mood - something Bad Santa distinctly does not do. I actually feel more naug.hty than nice each time I watch the thing, lol. I'm happy that Brett Kelly ended up a normal guy as I think many child actors could've been traumatized for life by the Thurman Merman role.

Anyway, here's a pretty great article on a lot of backstory stuff regarding making Bad Santa. Including the fact that the first actor the Coen brothers wanted to play Santa was James Gandolfini. And that Thornton was legitimately wasted for several of his drunken scenes. Now that's Method Acting.

(wth, "naugh.ty" is a verboten word here?)
Nice article, thanks

Reaction Score
My four favorite Christmas movies, in no particular order:

Miracle on 34th Street - 1947
Christmas Story
It's a Wonderful Life
A Christmas Carol - Alistair Sim 1951 version.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WillngtnOak

Top Bottom