Your Favorite Arena(to watch UCONN) | Page 2 | The Boneyard

Your Favorite Arena(to watch UCONN)

KnightBridgeAZ

Grand Canyon Knight
Reaction Score
1. RU, lower section 118, baseline- only 9 rows, right on court;
2. Cameron Indoor- Gen Adm., right by UConn bench, very thick rope separating UC VIP's from fans...
3. Alumni Hall at PC;
4. Walsh

LA Sports Arena - Dee's homecoming..
VCU- small, sit close 2000 Reg.
Hart Center - H.C.- tiny
et al....
It almost looks like you value being close. If so, yes, Cameron and Walsh, among others, are good options.

We discovered floor seats years ago at Hartford (the school, not the city). Don't remember the arena name, good sized and open. We had never sat on the floor before, but that's what the cashier pushed. We were there because a former RU player was on the visiting team and we were in the area, I think for a Rutgers / UConn game the next day. Really enjoyed those seats, though I almost got sat on by a player.

The last 2 years we have floor seats at McKale Center (Arizona). As I say, if you can manage it, floor seats are cool.

triaddukefan

Tobacco Road Gastronomer
Reaction Score
It almost looks like you value being close. If so, yes, Cameron and Walsh, among others, are good options.

We discovered floor seats years ago at Hartford (the school, not the city). Don't remember the arena name, good sized and open. We had never sat on the floor before, but that's what the cashier pushed. We were there because a former RU player was on the visiting team and we were in the area, I think for a Rutgers / UConn game the next day. Really enjoyed those seats, though I almost got sat on by a player.

The last 2 years we have floor seats at McKale Center (Arizona). As I say, if you can manage it, floor seats are cool.

I went to a few non-Duke games this past year... walked in... bought a ticket... and lo and behold they both were technically floor seats. I sat behind a coach in one of the games... I was thinking to myself.... man... that coach has a foul mouth :eek::eek: The other game I really had to pay extra attention to the action on the floor, didn't want to be hit in the face with an errand pass.

KnightBridgeAZ

Grand Canyon Knight
Reaction Score
I went to a few non-Duke games this past year... walked in... bought a ticket... and lo and behold they both were technically floor seats. I sat behind a coach in one of the games... I was thinking to myself.... man... that coach has a foul mouth :eek::eek: The other game I really had to pay extra attention to the action on the floor, didn't want to be hit in the face with an errand pass.
Behind a bench is cool too. We were 7 rows "up" directly behind Vivian in our 15 year season tix when we were at Rutgers. But we went to a lot of away games, and surprisingly often (particularly for games with a small travel contingent) we were able to get team comps, which are always behind the bench. Cool place to watch the game.

You would never know (in spite of some claims on this board) about Vivian's language, as it isn't audible, really. Very soft spoken, but she has been noted to use (at least) word on occasion. Was behind the UConn bench at a BE tourney game years ago, and Geno is a hoot. Called their center (Schumacher) a "human foul", said Svet was the reason he wasn't going to have any more foreigners, etc. Of course, at least on TV, he seems less active as he as aged. He was very animated in the game that we were up close.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
leepaul
Top Bottom