Your Favorite Arena(to watch UCONN) | The Boneyard

Your Favorite Arena(to watch UCONN)

Monte

Count of Monte UConn
Reaction Score
Outside of the state of Connecticut, where is your favorite court to see the girls play? I like Walsh Gymnasium at Seton Hall.
It is small and cozy, and there is not a bad seat in the house!

KnightBridgeAZ

Grand Canyon Knight
Reaction Score
That is an interesting question - in general - about arenas.

Oddly enough, as a long time Rutgers fan, from an esthetic point of view -Gampel was an excellent place to watch a game. Bright, felt open, and again, certainly not many bad seats.

In the end, it is often from what seats you are watching the game that defines a good arena. I recognize that Walsh - which is small - puts folks close to the action. But truthfully, if I'm going to be in an old, small arena - I'm not sure that Walsh would stand out from the other old BE arenas, Alumni Hall, McDonough, the old Villanova arena, etc.

Rocket009

Santa Cruz. CA
Reaction Score
I liked Tulane's Devlin Fieldhouse since you got to sit right behind the team and tickets were cheap - the campus is really nice and it's in the Uptown/Garden District of New Orleans - which is beautiful. It's the only sad part about leaving the AAC - not having an excuse to go down there for a few days.

Reaction Score
I personally enjoy a 65 inch Ultra 4K TV screen sitting in my recliner chair with a very cold Wasatch Polygamy Porter on the table next to me with a voice explaining to me what is happening because I am too stupid to see what is happening in the game or listening to "chit/chat" between announcers. I can sit there, get up and go to the bathroom without competition, pet my dog, read the comments on the Boneyard Chat, have some tortilla chips, and fart to my heart's content. That is the best arena I have ever been in.

Reaction Score
I personally enjoy a 65 inch Ultra 4K TV screen sitting in my recliner chair with a very cold Wasatch Polygamy Porter on the table next to me with a voice explaining to me what is happening because I am too stupid to see what is happening in the game or listening to "chit/chat" between announcers. I can sit there, get up and go to the bathroom without competition, pet my dog, read the comments on the Boneyard Chat, have some tortilla chips, and fart to my heart's content. That is the best arena I have ever been in.
TMI..lol

Reaction Score
I have fond memories of the old Big East- especially attending games at Providence College. Old school-
I attended UMASS when Julius Erving played, and those games in Curry Hicks Cage were amazing.

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
Hmm, on the men's side MSG. There is nothing like a UConn game there. The atmosphere is electric.

Walsh is a good call. It's a intimate setting. Feels a lot like the gyms in Hoosiers. For what it is worth the Pru Center isn't a bad place to see a game and there are a lot of great food choices in Newark's nearby Ironbound District.

huskeynut

Leader of the Band
Reaction Score
When we lived in CT, it was Mohegan Sun. Excellent seating, plenty of restaurants.

Now that we are in Florida, we really like the Yuengling Center on the campus of USF. Excellent seating, really good food. Easy access from the highway. Plenty of free parking within a short walkig distance to the center.

ochoopsfan

OC Hoops Fan
Reaction Score
Long Beach State---when the heck are they are coming out west, where I dont have to drive to LA(UCLA) or Cal(8 hour drive) Other than that it was The Alamo Dome in 2010 when they won the NC.

Reaction Score
Maples Pavilion is an excellent arena for the Huskies to enjoy. I’d love to see the Huskies come to Colorado, someday soon. I’d go and root for the home team!

MSGRET

MSG, US Army Retired
Reaction Score
You will say Uncasville doesn't count, but it is sovereign after all. Great facility with every amenity. Among other notable memories, got to watch Lou make 10 3s before missing.
Lou didn't miss any three's that game, she missed two 2's. I believe she still holds the record for the number of three's in a game without a miss.

Reaction Score
Moody Coliseum, SMU's home in Dallas, worked well for myself and family. Easy to get to and park, great restaurants nearby, and comfortable seating. Best features were the low cost and ability in General Admission to typically sit right above UConn bench. We sat about 40 feet from Geno and team during the record setting 91st consecutive win at SMU in 2017.

Monte

Count of Monte UConn
Reaction Score
I just remembered the Sun Arena in Trenton. I believe they have changed the name. Not too big, with great views. The women played in the Eastern Finals there in 2009.

Reaction Score
East Carolina, Minges Coliseum. Easy to sneak in; sit anywhere you want. I enjoyed Gaby’s triple double there a couple of years ago.

MSGRET

MSG, US Army Retired
Reaction Score
East Carolina, Minges Coliseum. Easy to sneak in; sit anywhere you want. I enjoyed Gaby’s triple double there a couple of years ago.
And you wonder why Women's Basketball doesn't make money!:eek:

Reaction Score
The only places I have seen UConn play outside of CT (besides the regionals) is BC and Providence. I liked BC but Providence gave me nightmares. That mascot - the friar - is the weirdest mascot I have seen. Just a scythe and darker clothes away from the grim reaper....

Reaction Score
Jumping ahead to a related thread, Case Gym at Boston University has to be the worst to watch UConn basketball in US. Most high school gyms are a step up.

Reaction Score
1. RU, lower section 118, baseline- only 9 rows, right on court;
2. Cameron Indoor- Gen Adm., right by UConn bench, very thick rope separating UC VIP's from fans...
3. Alumni Hall at PC;
4. Walsh

LA Sports Arena - Dee's homecoming..
VCU- small, sit close 2000 Reg.
Hart Center - H.C.- tiny
et al....

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads