Youk to the pale hose | Page 2 | The Boneyard

Youk to the pale hose

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Rizzo - 12 games, OPS. 1.055. I think that says plenty right there.
Makes you wonder. Would the Sox be better off with rising star Rizzo or a suddenly powerless Adrian Gonzalez? Just so you know, Rizzo is eight years younger.

Reaction Score
Sox had to get Gonzalez. The price was right and there was risk in Rizzo, although I don't think he was as risky as some prospects get. If the Sox passed on AGon and kept with Rizzo and Rizzo flamed, Theo never would have heard the end of it.

Reaction Score
I'd say more like good luck for the other teams considering that Lowrie and Reddick are oft injured. Youk...he just wasn't going to work out for the Sox. Too much friction with Bobby V and Bobby V is the guy in charge. Of course he wasn't dead, but he was to the Red Sox. Can't fault anyone for moving him.

If you look at Reddick's numbers a little more closely, he does have an impressive slugging percentage, but also has 11 GIDP (which is a lot for 83 games) and is only putting up a measly 2.9 oWAR, which is just above the typical threshold for a starter. I think it's impressive to look and say, wow! 20 home runs! But the matter of the fact is, he hurts his team in other ways. By the way, he's also committed 4 errors on the season which is drastically lowering his dWAR to 0.4. He would have been gobbled up in Fenway's RF.

Reddick is 5th in A.L. in WAR behind some guys named Cano, Trout and Hamilton. WAR accumulates during the season, it is not like a batting average.

Reaction Score
Makes you wonder. Would the Sox be better off with rising star Rizzo or a suddenly powerless Adrian Gonzalez? Just so you know, Rizzo is eight years younger.

I know I have to expect a certain level of silliness on a message board but this is ridiculous. In 61 games Rizzo has 5 HRs and .199 batting average and you want him to replace a guy who hit .338 with 27 HRs and 117 RBIs last year, the same guy who is a 4 time All Star and has 3 Gold Gloves, won the Silver Slugger award and had a top 10 WAR?

Jesus, hes had a nice 12 games but get a grip

Reaction Score
Oh and in terms of being "powerless" his HRs are down but he leads the league in doubles.

Reaction Score
Sox had to get Gonzalez. The price was right and there was risk in Rizzo, although I don't think he was as risky as some prospects get. If the Sox passed on AGon and kept with Rizzo and Rizzo flamed, Theo never would have heard the end of it.
I agree and I think the real Adrian will show up soon. You just don't forget how to hit overnight. And Rizzo will probably hit a bump in the road soon. I think???

Reaction Score
I agree and I think the real Adrian will show up soon. You just don't forget how to hit overnight. And Rizzo will probably hit a bump in the road soon. I think???

Lol, Rizzo is going to be a great player. For me, he's going to slide under the radar for a few years like Joey Votto did in Cincinnati.

Reaction Score
I know I have to expect a certain level of silliness on a message board but this is ridiculous. In 61 games Rizzo has 5 HRs and .199 batting average and you want him to replace a guy who hit .338 with 27 HRs and 117 RBIs last year, the same guy who is a 4 time All Star and has 3 Gold Gloves, won the Silver Slugger award and had a top 10 WAR?

Jesus, hes had a nice 12 games but get a grip

Can't criticize Rizzo for his play in SD where he was clearly brought up too early to please the fans. He'll have a fine career.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ahserve34

Top Bottom