Youk and Bobby V. | The Boneyard

Youk and Bobby V.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Waquoit

Mr. Positive
Reaction Score
At least Bobby V. was right about Youk. He knew the guy was washed-up. But it seems he still made an impression, Youk looks like he's going to sign with a Japanese team. This article said that the Yanks had some interest in brininging him back but Youk wanted to be closer to the west coast. Uh, Youk...

Reaction Score
He is only good for spot starts-can't handle playing 3B everyday without going on the DL.

Reaction Score
The Greek God of Walks heads to Japan. I have fond memories of Kevin Youkilis. He was a big part of the Sox World Series championship in 2007 moving to first base to allow Mike Lowell to have a great year at third. He played both positions well and was solid offensively. He never gave up an at bat and almost came to blows with Manny a couple of times over his lay-back attitude. It is a shame that his career had to end the way it has.

David 76

Forty years a fan
Reaction Score
At least Bobby V. was right about Youk. He knew the guy was washed-up. But it seems he still made an impression, Youk looks like he's going to sign with a Japanese team. This article said that the Yanks had some interest in brininging him back but Youk wanted to be closer to the west coast. Uh, Youk...

He jumped all over Pedroia too. Crazy. But with Youk, well even a broken watch is right twice a day.

Reaction Score

Is this writer kidding? Haven't seen a word elsewhere about NY wanting Youk back - and after playing only 28 games last year, why would they? And either the writer or Youk needs a geography lesson. It's roughly twice as far from the West coast to Japan as it is to NYC.

Reaction Score
I appreciated Youk but couldn't stand his plate demeanor. He has never struck out, just ask him.

My favorite Youk line came from Francona when he was asked about the "Greek God of Walks" monicker. "I've seen him in the shower, he isn't the Greek God of anything."

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sad Tiger

Top Bottom