You will all whine about coaching | Page 2 | The Boneyard

You will all whine about coaching

Reaction Score
One team looks calm and prepared. One team looks frustrated and unprepared. Appoint responsibility as you see fit.

That said, we won't shoot this poorly in both halves. Maryland has been a one man show on Offense. We will win this.
Yes. Not showing a lot of composure out there so far.

Reaction Score
But that hasn’t been our offense leading into this game. Do we really think that’s what Hurley is instructing them to do?
That’s been our offense all season. The only play we run is a random backdoor alley-oop. This staff can’t even figure out how to do out of bounds plays.

Reaction Score
Everytime we kick out after penetration we hit a 3.

We get 20,000 rebounds and try to finish through 4 guys with wide open shooters. Kick out. Kick out. Kick out.
Sanogo needs to play the entire second half to get back in this game!

Reaction Score
That’s been our offense all season. The only play we run is a random backdoor alley-oop. This staff can’t even figure out how to do out of bounds plays.
Out of bounds plays is actually a strength of this staff. I mean I get the negativity but come on

Reaction Score
Out of bounds plays is actually a strength of this staff. I mean I get the negativity but come on
Now I know you’re deluded. Almost every out of bounds play we have could be called for 5 seconds. It takes us an eternity to get the ball in.

Reaction Score
We've all said it all season long, how on earth does this team miss so many bunnies? I honestly have never seen anything quite like it. I just,,, its mind-boggling.
2015/16 was the same thing.

Reaction Score
I know he hasn’t scored, but man this team relies on Sanogo as much as Bouk

Reaction Score
I love how people complain when a recruit signs and isn’t considered top whatever or top athletic but is a great shooter.

Reaction Score
But when you miss 348432838723 layups it doesn’t matter much.
Missed a couple bunnies early but that’s not an excuse for the final 30 minutes. Can’t remember getting many good looks on the offensive end the whole game

Reaction Score
Hurley just said Bouk was a bit indecisive at times. He may have been, but I don’t think its a good look to come out and say that. Criticize the team as a collective in public, not a singular player.

Reaction Score
It was a terrible night for everyone in the program, Hurley included. We run Bouk off that same curl 50 times a game and Maryland just switched and had the big deny the pass and we got virtually nothing out of it, yet still ran it all night. No adjustments. I don't recall a single time the big slipped the screen or sealed the smaller man on the switch and looked for an entry pass.

The staff did a horrendous job of getting Bouk easy looks ever since the country was put on alert and knew he was one of the best scorers out there. Once teams started gameplanning hard to stop Bouk he had his struggles--part of that is on him but our staff did him no favors. Seriously, how many easy looks did Bouk get over the last few games, outside of the DePaul massacre?

This program rebuild is a work in progress. We saw some glimpses and half the fanbase thought we were "back" and that all of a sudden it was the 90s again. Part of it is Hurley's abilities to plan and adjust, part of it is that this program is still littered with mid-major players. We'll get there, but it'll be another couple of years.

Reaction Score
This program rebuild is a work in progress. We saw some glimpses and half the fanbase thought we were "back" and that all of a sudden it was the 90s again. Part of it is Hurley's abilities to plan and adjust, part of it is that this program is still littered with mid-major players. We'll get there, but it'll be another couple of years.
This is right. Lots of mid-major talent still on the roster.

People wanted to talk about how athletic this team was, but you saw today that they really weren't. Jackson, Bouk, and Gaff are athletic. Most of our other guys essentially reached their ceiling

We need to hit some good transfers for next year. We're likely a tournament team. But two years from now is when we're really good. Or at least better be.

Reaction Score
This is right. Lots of mid-major talent still on the roster.

People wanted to talk about how athletic this team was, but you saw today that they really weren't. Jackson, Bouk, and Gaff are athletic. Most of our other guys essentially reached their ceiling

We need to hit some good transfers for next year. We're likely a tournament team. But two years from now is when we're really good. Or at least better be.
Not sure we are a tourney team next year. It will be a reach, who are our big scorers? Cole? Sure, against DePaul. Jackson? Nope. Gaffney? Sanogo will give us 15 but with Bouk we had trouble at times.

Reaction Score
Do you remember how laughably inept we were inbounding the ball the last few years under KO? Tonight was almost 5 seconds often but overall the inbound plays under Hurley have been a breath of fresh air after what we witnessed for 3 years prior.

Reaction Score
By now coach should have changed our pre tip layup drills. So yes I blame him.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
taliekluv32

Top Bottom