You want the closest thing to a guaranteed money making scheme?? Bet against Charles Barkley. | The Boneyard

You want the closest thing to a guaranteed money making scheme?? Bet against Charles Barkley.

Reaction Score
You want the closest thing to a guaranteed money making scheme?? Bet against Charles Barkley. Is he ever right?? It’s kind of funny how horribly, consistently wrong he is.

Reaction Score
Oh he’s totally entertaining. But he’s wrong more than the worst weatherman in history.
His takes are so bad sometimes it’s amazing. Like when he said the Blazers were gonna sweep the Lakers and came out with a broom. So entertaining.

willie99

Loving life & enjoying the ride, despite the bumps
Reaction Score
It's part of being a media member, some sort of mutant gene thing going on

And I happen to like Sir Charles, but in the prediction arena he presents conventional wisdom which is rarely wise

Reaction Score
Barkley is weird because even when he's right, he's wrong. In 2011 he was all in on the "Big Least." In his favor, I think 11 teams made it and 1 made the sweet 16. Against him...well :)

Edit: Looks like 2 made it, but in both cases they beat a BE team to make it.

Reaction Score
He’s an entertainer. That’s what he’s there for.
He’s a Hall of Fane basketball player. He wasn’t hired because he’s Bozo the Clown. Presumably he knows something about the game. Yeah he’s got a schtick. But he’s not proven himself to be a very good analyst.......as a hired analyst.

Reaction Score
He understands the game
Obviously. Just has non idea how to pick who’s gonna win. You’d think he’d be at least around 50%. It’s bizarre.

Reaction Score
Charles nor Shaq ain't paying attention to many games until they'rein front of the set. Lolol. And definitely not college games. They barely knew of Christian Woods and he's in the NBA.

RichZ

Fort the ead!
Reaction Score
I love Charles. I take his predictions with a grain of salt, but I don't know that they are truly his predictions, or he's just the designated (or self-appointed) whipping boy who has to make a (semi)cogent case for the consensus underdog.
But he's worth it for some of the quotes he's given us over the years. Like describing his rebounding technique. "Yeah, I've got a technique -- I see the ball, I go get the ball."

Chin Diesel

Power of Love
Reaction Score
Obviously. Just has non idea how to pick who’s gonna win. You’d think he’d be at least around 50%. It’s bizarre.
What is his record for the year?

I'm assuming you've tracked all his picks on all his TV, radio and print availabilities and are not just cherry picking the 8-10 times you've seen him on TV, correct?

Reaction Score
Yeah, but there basically cannot be basketball without him. NBA, college, doesn't matter. Everyone needs Barkley

And it's gotten to a point where he knows it, and he completely mails it in. His college takes have been understandably bad because he doesn't follow the sport, but he's been teetering on the edge of not having a clue about the NBA for a while now.

Reaction Score
And it's gotten to a point where he knows it, and he completely mails it in. His college takes have been understandably bad because he doesn't follow the sport, but he's been teetering on the edge of not having a clue about the NBA for a while now.
Maybe true. Still doesn't matter. The world doesn't need another "analyst". Apparently basketball needs his personality.

Reaction Score

I'm assuming you've tracked all his picks on all his TV, radio and print availabilities and are not just cherry picking the 8-10 times you've seen him on TV, correct?
I've totally tracked him and I got all the data. He was wrong about Michigan State in 14' and he was wrong about Gonzaga in 21'

Reaction Score
You want the closest thing to a guaranteed money making scheme?? Bet against Charles Barkley. Is he ever right?? It’s kind of funny how horribly, consistently wrong he is.
Just curious, what prompted you to post this?

Reaction Score
Just curious, what prompted you to post this?
How wrong he constantly he is. As a supposed college basketball analyst. I mean, that's why he's on tv analyzing college basketball games, right?

Reaction Score

Why don't you provide me the picks he got right. Then I will stand corrected.

Chin Diesel

Power of Love
Reaction Score
Why don't you provide me the picks he got right. Then I will stand corrected.

That's generally not how things work.

You have the burden to prove your claim is correct. It's not anyone else's responsibility to prove the negative.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Hipline

Top Bottom