You saw the pitch - here is the windup - ONO! | The Boneyard

You saw the pitch - here is the windup - ONO!

SVCBeercats

Meglepetés Előadó
Reaction Score
Oh yeah! That ball is about to become an ellipsoid - permanently!
1543957335440.png

Plebe

La verdad no peca pero incomoda
Reaction Score
This is my favorite play of the year so far.

And my favorite part about it was how Olivia *sprinted* like shot out of cannon on the fast break. Someone else for UConn scored, but the only thing that would've made this sequence better would've been if Liv had been rewarded for running the floor with an assist and bucket.

A close second for my favorite part of it was the look on Mabrey's face as she fell to the floor: combination of shellshocked and, as always, whining to the ref.

Reaction Score
This is my favorite play of the year so far.

And my favorite part about it was how Olivia *sprinted* like shot out of cannon on the fast break. Someone else for UConn scored, but the only thing that would've made this sequence better would've been if Liv had been rewarded for running the floor with an assist and bucket.

A close second for my favorite part of it was the look on Mabrey's face as she fell to the floor: combination of shellshocked and, as always, whining to the ref.
"...NO soup for you!!"

I was also disappointed that a pass was not sent her way . She was open. What a even more monster replay that would have been.

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
Here's the thing, she still has a HS body. Imagine how intimidating that will look in her senior year.

Her improvement this year is going to be fun to watch. As Geno said, she made a persuasive case for more playing time this weekend.

JoePgh

Cranky pants and wise acre
Reaction Score
It's a good thing that the block was 100% clean, and that ONO didn't make contact with even the tip of Mabrey's fingernail. If she had, it would have (correctly) been a foul.

She needs to learn not to bring her blocking arm past the vertical. That also helps to keep the ball in play.

SVCBeercats

Meglepetés Előadó
Reaction Score
Permanently. And kept it in play. That was Stewie's strong point. One of anyway. They'll be many more from this lady.
The first time I watched Olivia play, I thought of Stewie's weakside defense and her penchant the block. Late in the season Olivia's post presence could be a big defensive factor to dissuade opponents from driving to the hoop. Stop the easy points and minimize UCONN fouls. Hopefully! Big shoes to fill but she may grow into the role.

huskeynut

Leader of the Band
Reaction Score
I like how Mabrey ended up on her butt (cause she tripped over herself?) and pounded the floor, wanting the foul call even though it was a clean BLOCK.

Mabrey's reaction was the best! And she sat there on her duff as UConn pushed the ball up the court. I guess she was too shocked to play defense - not that she does much of that anyway!

Gus Mahler

Popular Composer
Reaction Score
It's a good thing that the block was 100% clean, and that ONO didn't make contact with even the tip of Mabrey's fingernail. If she had, it would have (correctly) been a foul.

She needs to learn not to bring her blocking arm past the vertical. That also helps to keep the ball in play.
You're right. Z never learned that.

Gus Mahler

Popular Composer
Reaction Score
Liv also made a block with her left hand. Quite pleasing. Announcers of course did not acknowledge that.

Reaction Score
You're right. Z never learned that.
And I don't understand why. We had a big 6-10 guy in college that had that reach and swat habit. Every time in practice he did it, coach made him run 5 suicides. He learned not to do it in about 3 practices. It was about survival.

Reaction Score

Rules clarification:
A blocked shot occurs when a defensive player legally deflects a field goal attempt from an offensive player to prevent a score. The defender is not allowed to make contact with the offensive player’s hand (unless the defender is also in contact with the ball) or a foul is called.

Reaction Score
I like how Mabrey ended up on her butt (cause she tripped over herself?) and pounded the floor, wanting the foul call even though it was a clean BLOCK.

You saw that too!!!! After the play, she threw a temper tantrum...which shouldn't surprise anyone.

Reaction Score
Mabrey's reaction was the best! And she sat there on her duff as UConn pushed the ball up the court. I guess she was too shocked to play defense - not that she does much of that anyway!

Unless she is making a beeline to steamroll a player at the end of a National Championship game.

RogueDave

Wasn’t Me!
Reaction Score
With her body type and athleticism I am hopeful Olivia develops a skill set similar to Dewanna Bonner super competitive player that can shoot from outside, finish inside, with a great handle. I think it is a given she will be a great rebounder and defender.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Vincent22

Top Bottom