OT: - You Like the Cover More Than the Original Song | Page 4 | The Boneyard

OT: You Like the Cover More Than the Original Song

nwhoopfan

hopeless West Coast homer
Reaction Score
Unfortunately I don’t know how to upload the song. Are there directions somewhere?
Right click on the video you want to link and select "copy link." Oh yeah, probably want 2 windows open. Come back over here, in your reply right click again and select "paste." Will appear as an address, but once you hit enter it should be a playable video clip.

Aluminny69

Old Timer
Reaction Score
Are you allowed to cover your own song? Here's Johnny Western updated version of a classic fifties TV Theme Song.

Bigboote

That's big-boo-TAY
Reaction Score
There were a few years when everyone seemed to be playing Jumpin’ Jack Flash. I love Johnny Winter And’s version with dual lead guitars (Johnny and Rick Derringer).

Reaction Score

Moulin Rouge is Great!! I don't think there is an original song in the whole movie.

Last edited:

SVCBeercats

Meglepetés Előadó
Reaction Score
There are many times people are unaware of the original version of a song. I have personally been surprised many times. Did you know this was originally a Motown song?

It was released on Barry Gordi's first label Tamla (sic?). I like BS&T version best.

SVCBeercats

Meglepetés Előadó
Reaction Score
Janis Joplin, ‘Me and Bobby McGee’ Country pop singer Roger Miller was the originally voice behind this tune but it was a release from Janis, just after her death, that topped the charts – hers was the second posthumous release to do that (the first was Otis Redding’s ‘(Sittin’ On) The Dock Of The Bay’).

Reaction Score
Pancho and Lefty - originally written and done by Merle Haggard and Willie Nelson.

Emmy Lou's version knocks it out of the park for me:

I agree completely, Emmylou owns this song. It was written by the late great Townes Van Zandt Pancho and Lefty - Wikipedia
Emmylou recorded it in 1977 and it immediately became one of my all time favorite records and songs (by one of my all time favorite singers). Willie and Merle covered it in '83. Emmylou says she feels it is her song and I concur.
Here is her original release of it.

Reaction Score
I have several. "Don't Worry Baby" has been one of my favorite Beach Boys songs for many years. Written by Brian Wilson and Roger Christian, it has been covered many times. I recently came across this cover by Susan Cowsill (yes, that Susan Cowsill) and I have to say I like this version even better with her layered vocals for the harmonies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
taliekluv32

Top Bottom