OT: - You gotta see this | The Boneyard

OT: You gotta see this

Centerstream

Looking forward to next season
Reaction Score
Balk pitcher didn’t set
Good post @Zanzman
I was going to post this: "Just to be a smarty pants, this is a staged video because the pitcher was balking left and right. "
But it is kinda funny.

Bald Husky

four score
Reaction Score
Would they call a balk if there were no base runners?

SVCBeercats

Meglepetés Előadó
Reaction Score
Balk pitcher didn’t set
Would they call a balk if there were no base runners?
A quick pitch is an illegal pitch when there are no runners on base, and a balk with runners on base. The penalty for a quick pitch with no runners on base is awarding a ball to the batter. With runners on base it's a balk.

eebmg

Fair and Balanced
Reaction Score
Are the Savannah Banana's an official MLB affiliated minor league club? I am asking because it I was an opponent where performance is important for my career, I don't think I would appreciate this stuff? :confused:

Centerstream

Reaction Score
But the pitcher is pitching from a stretch, not a windup. Isn't the stretch used by most pitchers when there is a runner on base??????

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
Even the ump feelin' himself. By the way, there is no balk without runners on base. The ump could have called a delay of game though, and that would have been a ball called if it went on past 12 seconds.
Yeah, I was thinking it’s a bad sign if the amp is dancing along with the opposition.

JordyG

Stake in my pocket, Vlad to see you
Reaction Score
But the pitcher is pitching from a stretch, not a windup. Isn't the stretch used by most pitchers when there is a runner on base??????
There have been numerous starting pitchers throughout history that have pitched from set positions. Some pitchers have been successful pitching without windups.

Centerstream

Reaction Score
There have been numerous starting pitchers throughout history that have pitched from set positions. Some pitchers have been successful pitching without windups.
Thus my use of the word "most". I believe a lot of (most?) MLB relief pitchers only use the stretch. However I must admit that I haven't watched a MLB game in quite a few seasons, so I guess this post can be argued too...

Reaction Score
The Savannah Bananas play in the Coastal Plains League, a wood bat college summer league with 15 teams in the Southeast - NC, SC, GA and VA. The league name comes from a Class D League that operated from 1937-52.

SVCBeercats

Meglepetés Előadó
Reaction Score
Are the Savannah Banana's an official MLB affiliated minor league club? I am asking because it I was an opponent where performance is important for my career, I don't think I would appreciate this stuff? :confused:

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WillngtnOak

Top Bottom