You can't make today up | Page 2 | The Boneyard

You can't make today up

Status
Not open for further replies.

HuskiesFan1014

Mora excited than before.
Reaction Score
I really did fall into the PP thing. I sent Phil Fulmer an email hoping he would come here, but then I came to terms with Paul. Wow, was I bamboozled.
What the hell, Bobby Hill? This is insane. Can we let off the throttle in every single winnable game? We felt it today. After that first quarter, it was palpable. We talked about it....saw it coming. You could feel the "sit on the lead" mentality with every stupid change of strategy....don't blame Whitmer. He had it going on, then it was Wildcat Scat time. Give it up and punt it away.
Chad? Who? Teggart, Please! When your kicker shows his panty lines, then you can't keep going back to the empty well.
We've lost to the mediocre teams. Yup, all of them. Now PP and GDL can lose to the BE teams and blame it on execution, lack of daylight, humidity, the ozone layer, whatever....

I am so disenchanted. Never this bad before. This team does have talent. I believe that. But the talent is handcuffed by poor decision-making up front, again and again. Talent is sidelined when we have a 'comfortable" lead so that we can lose handily, again and again.

Well done, coach PP. Another disgusting loss that we can't easily stomach...or forget.

"We just have to execute better."

Awesome, Paul.

Reaction Score
Whaler is right, we definitely should have gone for the first there. Everyone in my section was shaking our heads

Also, I thought we should have gone for it on the 4th down on our final drive in the 4th quarter...Chad clearly was not having a good day. If we don't make it we are in the same position, probably just as good a chance of converting as making the kick.

Reaction Score
Man it takes a lot of balls to throw anyone on the defense under the bus when they were on the field for most of the second half.

Reaction Score
Man it takes a lot of balls to throw anyone on the defense under the bus when they were on the field for most of the second half.

Ruskin you must be referring to my comment about Mack! One I'm not trying to throw him under the bus, BUT the defense is defending the red zone 14 yards out which is important; it was 7-14 at that point, so why put in Mack when our starter's were playing great all game? it looked identical to the game against NC State when they scored late on Mack for the touchdown catch to seal the game! I don't mind Mack playing cause he's ok, but in those situations you put your best DB's in bottom line those are the facts!

Reaction Score
Up 14-0. Chance to go for the jugular and UConn chooses to punt. Got what they deserved.

4th and 1. Up 14. From the right side of the 50. Punt. Dismissal with cause.

I totally agree. UConn had momentum and only needed 1 yard. Many yelled go for it in our section and after Temple scored, people looked at each other and repeated, why didn't we go for it. It was an absolute momentum killer and UConn never scored again.

Waquoit

Mr. Positive
Reaction Score
Up 14-0. Chance to go for the jugular and UConn chooses to punt. Got what they deserved.
And you know what makes it worse, later in the game in almost the exact same spot he went for it. But that was wasn't going to erase the message he already sent. This team is worse because P is the coach.

HuskiesFan1014

Reaction Score
I feel Ruskin on the D. Hate to ever blame the guys who try to keep us in every game we lose. And UConnJim, same thing in 223....lot of people wanted to go for it on 4th but you could feel it. Game over...I knew it and said it and sure enough....that was it.
Play it safe...lose half or more of your games. PP plays it safe. We lose every other game. Well, now we've lost two in a row. Downward spiral, folks.

Reaction Score
Everybody and their brother at the Rent "Dam that stupid Wildcat just screwed up that drive, why the hell did they do that?!"
GDL in the booth "wow the wildcat almost worked that time"
I was in shock on the way home. What has me really depressed now is that I can't see how we win another game this year. This is not a good place to be in. I don't know how the players deal with it because it will snowball without any changes.

Reaction Score
Everybody and their brother at the Rent "Dam that stupid Wildcat just screwed up that drive, why the hell did they do that?!"
GDL in the booth "wow the wildcat almost worked that time"
I was in shock on the way home. What has me really depressed now is that I can't see how we win another game this year. This is not a good place to be in. I don't know how the players deal with it because it will snowball without any changes.

Well, last time we were 3-4 in the sh(tter, we went on a 5-0 win streak, and the coach left.
Wouldn't it be nice if history repeats itself.

Reaction Score

4th and 1. Up 14. From the right side of the 50. Punt. Dismissal with cause.

Post of the month. PP would have to grow a pair to have a pair. He should be fired tonight for that move. Coward . He is a coward.

HuskiesFan1014

Reaction Score
I would love to think we could go 5-0, Carl...but the way the play calling has been going, not a chance in hell. Get a lead....sit on it, and put it all on Don Brown and the D. Then talk about "execution" after you give the game away. This is going to be a regular weekly thing. Get used to it. We'll get the same Monday stuff from Des Conner and the crew, telling us that HCPP talks about executing better, again and again, after letting up on our opponents as soon as we get any kind of lead.

One day Warde Manuel will see for himself that this football program has stagnated. Until then, get used to mediocrity. That's all we'll get.

Reaction Score
Well, last time we were 3-4 in the sh(tter, we went on a 5-0 win streak, and the coach left.
Wouldn't it be nice if history repeats itself.
The poll results would be 100% to the 3rd power on the Boneyard for that senario. Don Brown has got a hellova job trying to keep this defense playing at the level they are performing at.

Reaction Score
I would love to think we could go 5-0, Carl...but the way the play calling has been going, not a chance in hell. Get a lead....sit on it, and put it all on Don Brown and the D. Then talk about "execution" after you give the game away. This is going to be a regular weekly thing. Get used to it. We'll get the same Monday stuff from Des Conner and the crew, telling us that HCPP talks about executing better, again and again, after letting up on our opponents as soon as we get any kind of lead.

One day Warde Manuel will see for himself that this football program has stagnated. Until then, get used to mediocrity. That's all we'll get.

I'm not going to get used to it. Today was the tipping point to quote Gladwell. Deleone's time is over, and if Pasqualoni can't muster up the ability to realize that his friend is driving this program into the ground, and call him on it, then he's gone too.

We lost to Temple. On our home field. In a Big East conference game. Our Homecoming game. TEMPLE.

No - we are not at the level of Notre Dame football, but I guarantee you, that people that loved Notre Dame Football, sponsor it, etc......reached the breaking point, when UConn came to their home field, on their senior day, and managed to win the game in overtime, and our fans, chanted, and filled their stadium with noise.

Well- for me -Temple is to UConn - as UConn is Notre Dame.

THis was it. I want change, and I want it now. I have never been more disgusted than I was as this game progressed from a sunny and beautiful day at 14-0 in the first quarter, to cold, gray and a 17-14 loss in OT. The closest was when New Haven beat UConn - a long time ago.

I want change, and I will do what little part I can, to make it known.

whaler11

Head Happy Hour Coach
Reaction Score
I'm not going to get used to it. Today was the tipping point to quote Gladwell. Deleone's time is over, and if Pasqualoni can't muster up the ability to realize that his friend is driving this program into the ground, and call him on it, then he's gone too.

We lost to Temple. On our home field. In a Big East conference game. Our Homecoming game. TEMPLE.

No - we are not at the level of Notre Dame football, but I guarantee you, that people that loved Notre Dame Football, sponsor it, etc......reached the breaking point, when UConn came to their home field, on their senior day, and managed to win the game in overtime, and our fans, chanted, and filled their stadium with noise.

Well- for me -Temple is to UConn - as UConn is Notre Dame.

THis was it. I want change, and I want it now. I have never been more disgusted than I was as this game progressed from a sunny and beautiful day at 14-0 in the first quarter, to cold, gray and a 17-14 loss in OT. The closest was when New Haven beat UConn - a long time ago.

I want change, and I will do what little part I can, to make it known.

The people who support ND were done with Weis long before UConn showed up.

People with 2 eyes were done with PP at UConn long before today.

Reaction Score

Guess I should have put a patch over that third eye in the middle of my forehead.

Reaction Score

I was indifferent with the hire. Didn't love it, but wasn't beside myself. Disappointed in 2011 but was looking for progress this year. I pretty much made up my mind after WMU.

Barring a miraculous turn around, there's no way they (P&D) come back, right? Not a chance.

whaler11

Head Happy Hour Coach
Reaction Score
Guess I should have put a patch over that third eye in the middle of my forehead.

Whatever it takes for you. Some knew the day the hire. Some came to the light against Vandy. Everyone else with a pulse realized after Louisville.

Then as we have suffered through 2012 people have seen the light. Odd that someone so well versed in tactical football couldn't see something so obvious.

Guess it wasn't personal.

Reaction Score
You do realize that 100% is 1 and 1 to the 3rd power is still just 1, right?

Whatever it takes for you. Some knew the day the hire. Some came to the light against Vandy. Everyone else with a pulse realized after Louisville.

Then as we have suffered through 2012 people have seen the light. Odd that someone so well versed in tactical football couldn't see something so obvious.

Guess it wasn't personal.

Hey man, for all our differences, we're on the same page with this now. This loss was infinitely worse than watching Randy Edsall's program piss away the 10-0 lead against UNC a few years ago.

FWIW - I think Coach P is a great college head coach. He runs a program, and does all the things that make people like University presidens, and board of trustee members, and athletic directors - happy.

His frigging downfall, is his loyalty to George Deleone.

THere are syracuse people, all over the northeast USA tonight, tomorrow, and over the next week, will look at the state UConn football is in, and quietly chuckle to themselves.

And we frigging play Syracuse on Friday night.

THis is a f#cking nightmare. I want it to end.

whaler11

Head Happy Hour Coach
Reaction Score
Hey man, for all our differences, we're on the same page with this now. This loss was infinitely worse than watching Randy Edsall's program piss away the 10-0 lead against UNC a few years ago.

FWIW - I think Coach P is a great college head coach. He runs a program, and does all the things that make people like University presidens, and board of trustee members, and athletic directors - happy.

His frigging downfall, is his loyalty to George Deleone.

THere are syracuse people, all over the northeast USA tonight, tomorrow, and over the next week, will look at the state UConn football is in, and quietly chuckle to themselves.

And we frigging play Syracuse on Friday night.

THis is a f#cking nightmare. I want it to end.

How does one reconcile PP is a great college coach and the last 19 UConn games?

Quality person - not equipped to run a BCS program in the year 2012.

Reaction Score
Even when things looked good and like we were ready to put the game away today that little voice kept saying "we can still lose this thing" - over and over. And while my head didn't believe it, my heart knew it was true. That voice has to go away and if a good guy has to move on for that to happen then so be it. The future of the program is bigger then any one man, and if we're not going in the right direction that ground will have to be reclaimed at some point. In the end you have to do what's necessary to stop the bleeding to save the patient. I don't know how a staff recruits during the offseason after an uninspiring 2 year track record which is the likely outcome barring a miracle.

Reaction Score
I had no problem with the punt at that point in the game. Hardly why we lost.

Then you haven't been watching UConn this season. And PP shared your same view and it's pretty clear few fans think he knows what he's doing. So punt it.

Reaction Score
Then you haven't been watching UConn this season. And PP shared your same view and it's pretty clear few fans think he knows what he's doing. So punt it.

Yeah the defense let Harris slice thru them for an 80 yard drive because we punted. I know people are emotional and want P & D gone (so do I btw) but geezus.

The damning evidence on the staff yesterday was once Temple adjusted and brought more pressure we couldn't adjust on the OL. That and the OL play is disgraceful. On Whitmer's fumble they brought 3 guys. Rotating C's & OG's, the drive killing wildcat....there's plenty of blame to go around. And oh by the way.....top 10 defenses don't let Temple drive the length of the field for a game tying TD in the last minute of the game. Couple drops, a non existent running game, missed FG's, horrendous kick return and coverage games.....I can go on and on.

But yeah, we really should've gone for that 4th & 1 in the first half.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
UChuskman

Top Bottom