You can see the difference Polley makes | The Boneyard

You can see the difference Polley makes

Dream Jobbed 2.0

“Most definitely”
Reaction Score
Comes back and hit some shots but most importantly with a high caliber catch and shoot guy it keeps the defense honest and creates space for everyone else. Our diagonal passing and cutting was great because the d can’t sell out on the paint. Great to have him in the lineup.

Reaction Score
Comes back and hit some shots but most importantly with a high caliber catch and shoot guy it keeps the defense honest and creates space for everyone else. Our diagonal passing and cutting was great because the d can’t sell out on the paint. Great to have him in the lineup.

I agree. I thought he did take a couple of quick, rushed shots and he looked much better when his shots came within the flow of the offense. But overall very encouraging.

Dream Jobbed 2.0

“Most definitely”
Reaction Score
He's a good spot shooter off the bench. If he gives anything more its a definite plus. He played well tonight.
Agreed. If he hits a shot or two and gives us some defense and rebounding when Akok is back that’s HUGE. There will be games he gets 15 points and games he barely plays. I just hope he’s okay with that role.

Reaction Score
I thought he looked really aggressive and if he continues with that attitude, it will be vital to put him on the floor at the same time as Bouk and Cole who will either have easy driving lanes or uncontested 3's.

Reaction Score
He'll even improve when the rust and lack of reps are gone. Just saying more playing time is what he needs coming back from his injury. We need his 3 point threat, especially now that Bouk is no longer our secret.

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
This. He would have been a difference maker against Creighton. Looking forward to the rematch.

StllH8L8ner

You’ll get nothing and like it!
Reaction Score
Teams are going to be trying desperately to stop Bouk which should open up good looks for guys on the perimeter. Just need to be ready to knock them down. Polley looked much more comfortable last night so he could be could sticking some daggers in teams soon. And I keep forgetting about Akok but I'm not going to expect a ton out of him right away as he gets back into the swing of things.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
And I keep forgetting about Akok but I'm not going to expect a ton out of him right away as he gets back into the swing of things.
It's going to take him some time...he's only 10 months post injury. Durant is 18 months post injury, and shows you can recover from this.

Reaction Score
I agree that Akok will take a longer time getting back to his old self than Polley. Polly's game is less dependent on his athleticism than Akok's. Akok needs his full athleticism to deliver all his game (defense,
rim protection and boards), so it wouldn't surprise me if he takes a month of "being back" before he's really "cooking".

UconnU

If he blocks 100, he blocks 100
Reaction Score
Martin and Adams seem to be the biggest beneficiary. Teams will likely play up on Polley, double bouk, play our 5 straight up and leave 1 guy to guard who ever else is on the court and spacing should be nice.

Reaction Score
I agree that Akok will take a longer time getting back to his old self than Polley. Polly's game is less dependent on his athleticism than Akok's. Akok needs his full athleticism to deliver all his game (defense,
rim protection and boards), so it wouldn't surprise me if he takes a month of "being back" before he's really "cooking".
Based on zero knowledge and having absolutely no credibility on the subject, I none the less am certain that Akok will not be back to his pre-injury abilities this season.
Even if his Achilles has healed completely, it’s going to take time to trust it. I don’t see how he won’t be afraid this year of snapping it again, which will lead to tentative play.

Reaction Score
I would not be surprised to see Polley back in the starting lineup at some point. The 4 out, one in, spread the floor, keep the ball moving, penetrate and kick, pass, pass, really makes for pretty basketball and open shots.
I think he needs to have a few games without the silly, pointless fouls though. He can't let himself take him out of games.
Also, Martin isn't going anywhere for the time being. Unless Bouk starts at point, it will be real tough to get back to starting. No matter, he will get some meaningful minutes either way.

Reaction Score
I think he needs to have a few games without the silly, pointless fouls though. He can't let himself take him out of games.
Also, Martin isn't going anywhere for the time being. Unless Bouk starts at point, it will be real tough to get back to starting. No matter, he will get some meaningful minutes either way.
Cole, Bouk, Martin, Polley, Whaley

glastonbury50

You Enjoy Myself
Reaction Score
Polley's head fake is deadly. He really shakes defenders off with that.

olehead

Atomic Dogs!
Reaction Score
Based on zero knowledge and having absolutely no credibility on the subject, I none the less am certain that Akok will not be back to his pre-injury abilities this season.
Even if his Achilles has healed completely, it’s going to take time to trust it. I don’t see how he won’t be afraid this year of snapping it again, which will lead to tentative play.
Does he NEED to come back this year?

olehead

Atomic Dogs!
Reaction Score
One of my favorite plays of the game is when Polley grabbed an under-the-basket board and then kicked it out to Martin for a three. Fun role-reversal play, if you're into that stuff.
Fantastic out of range rebound. He seemed springy on that particular board, did he come out of this w/ greater athletic prowess? He looked good so let's hope!

Edit: Rebound not rebounder

Reaction Score
Cole, Bouk, Martin, Polley, Whaley
I think with AJ out for now Polley will get some more minutes at the 3 and Carlton is going to keep getting significant minutes if he keeps his solid play up. I think the other teams player at 4 will determine some of Polley's minutes

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
deltaop99

Top Bottom