You can see it coming a mile away... | Page 2 | The Boneyard

You can see it coming a mile away...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dann

#4hunnid
Reaction Score
i was just reading a bit more about how backloaded the acc contract is. its scary and stinks for some schools who were looking for more $$. the b12 contract reported is also backloaded a bit, but not anything as bad as the acc contract. the more i think about fsu i see soemthing interesting. for a couple years now they have been down somewhat, no denying that in fball but there other sports have been great. considering the $$ difference between them and a fl/uga type i am kinda suprised it took this long for them to see the light. up here besides wvu/psu we don't have alot of big boys around and its not like those 2 are in our backyeard like fsu is to fl/uga/bama. its actually kind of impressive how they have been able to stay relevant compared to other acc teams considering the $$ difference. i mean look at md and miami falling off the cliff. gt had one good year recently but for the most part uga eats them up. clemson isn't exactly winning the war with south cary either (neither is really, but if both are so so then thats another reason why clemson should have been better). i think it shows that fsu is ready to explode back to its good days and they just need a little help to compete vs the other powers in there neighborhood.

UConnDan97

predicting undefeated seasons since 1983
Reaction Score
Dan, FWIW, in case you haven't noticed, this asylum has its share of idiots, including moi. You are amongst friends here....being an idiot is a required admission ticket to the 'Yard.....this place breeds idiots....

Breeds idiots?? It actively recruits idiots! This is the Ivy League of idiots, and I'm not only a member, but I'm also a client...

Reaction Score
the thing about FSU is that they cannot compete with UF if UF is getting $15M a year more in TV revenue. UF will have better facilities, better coaches, better everything. FSU in the ACC means they are at a huge disadvantage to whome THEY think is their peers

The Funster

What?
Reaction Score
i may be crazy to you, thats fine. but being in a league with usf/ucf/ruty/uh/bsu among others is a national confs of teams that want and strive to play big boy fball and not just collect paychecks in a bball focused league. for those that fear bball isn't great in that type of league, were uconn guys! we can schedule games ooc with the bball teams like cuse and still be just fine.

Nahhhh, I don't think you're crazy. Well...maybe just a little. Don't ever change. Just know that I never think of you as HuskyfanDan. You'll always be "slash" ( "/" ) to me.

Reaction Score
Did anyone see where that "tremendous" new ACC TV deal apparently goes up slowly and they don't reach $17 mill until 2021. Good for them.

whaler11

Head Happy Hour Coach
Reaction Score
Did anyone see where that "tremendous" new ACC TV deal apparently goes up slowly and they don't reach $17 mill until 2021. Good for them.

No thank God you posted it. We hadn't heard!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
deltaop99

Top Bottom