You Byers Might Be Interested In Sveta's Latest Tweet | The Boneyard

You Byers Might Be Interested In Sveta's Latest Tweet

Status
Not open for further replies.

pap49cba

The Supreme Linkster
Reaction Score
Сегодняшняя тренировка напомнила мне предсезонную подготовку в американском университете...вся тренировка только спринты и ускорения.

(We shall await Wonk's translation.)

Reaction Score
Courtesy of Google Translate:

Today's workout reminded me of the pre-season training at an American university ... the whole workout just sprints and acceleration.

EricLA

Cronus
Reaction Score
way to go vowel. i wonder if some of our more clever posters can come up with some other translation for what it REALLY meant...

UConnCat

Wise Woman
Reaction Score
way to go vowel. i wonder if some of our more clever posters can come up with some other translation for what it REALLY meant...

Something like "I don't shoot with my nose," or "Why should I pass the ball, I was open."

She remains among my all-time favorites. I think Geno summed it up beautifully:

``The average person who didn't know anything about our team knew about that Russian kid,'' Auriemma said. ``That's the impact that she had. People talk about her hairstyle. People talk about her looks. They talk about her demeanor on the court. Her whole persona was so unique that old guys wanted her to be their daughter and old women wanted to nurture her and college guys wanted to date her and little girls wanted to grow up to be like her. She touched everybody.''

MilfordHusky

Voice of Reason
Reaction Score
Was there a big jump in the number of girls named Svetlana in the late 90s?

alexrgct

RIP, Alex
Reaction Score
Svet was about 15 years ahead of her time in WCBB, in my opinion. UConn was very fortunate to have her. It's too bad she ended her college career unable to defend the national championship, but she was part of the team that firmly established UConn as the progam of the 2000s.

Icebear

Andlig Ledare
Reaction Score
Was there a big jump in the number of girls named Svetlana in the late 90s?
No but a lot of kids were Svetty. At least until they hit the showers.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sad Tiger

Top Bottom