You Better Get Us Now | The Boneyard

You Better Get Us Now

Reaction Score
Bouk right now is probably 1 of 30 or so NBA talented college kids. That 30 will shrink with time/experience.

We haven't seen half of the other talent on his level and we haven't seen Sophomore Bouk either.

Reaction Score
He loves this team/school and wants to be a part of it. Top 10 pick after next season.
I've noticed him in time outs, on the bench and during whistle stops encouraging his teammates, celebrating good plays and just happy to be with this team. Its noticeable that he is a freshman living the life. I really think the NBA can wait for him, he seems more interested in College (and all) and not one and done.

Most importantly he's not hyping his play or demonstrably celebrating his highlights to gain attention. Very humble kid which one can see with his deferring to Vital and passing up shots.

He's like a silent assassin.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
Suddenly that AAC Tournament is looking very interesting. We could take that thing. Nobody’s playing better and we have a legit emerging Alpha in Bouk. We can do this!
I felt after we played WSU, Cincinnati, Houston and Memphis that we were better than all of them, just didn’t know how to close out games yet. It remains to be seen with only 7 guys if we could win 4 games but I think guy for guy the talent is equal to or better than any of those other teams.

Reaction Score
I felt after we played WSU, Cincinnati, Houston and Memphis that we were better than all of them, just didn’t know how to close out games yet. It remains to be seen with only 7 guys if we could win 4 games but I think guy for guy the talent is equal to or better than any of those other teams.
It’s interesting to think about. We are down a man without Akok, but would Whaley have developed into such a factor? Same w Polley/Bouk. Wish we had the depth for the conf tourney though, I think we would be the most dangerous team outside of Houston.

Huskyforlife

Akokbouk
Reaction Score
This was the game I complained about Gillespie's constant straight-arming. I wondered why, if it was OK, then why didn't anyone on our team do it.

Gaffney started shortly after. I like it.
I probably annoyed the people in my surroundings complaining so much about that. But it was so blatant.

Reaction Score
It’s interesting to think about. We are down a man without Akok, but would Whaley have developed into such a factor? Same w Polley/Bouk. Wish we had the depth for the conf tourney though, I think we would be the most dangerous team outside of Houston.
I think Bouk would have risen regardless, but Squirrel really blossomed when Akok went down. I am not sure if the metrics bare it out, but my eye says we are a much better team with Squirrel instead of Akok. Feel terrible for AA, but his injury may have helped our team. Whodathunkit?

Reaction Score
I think Bouk would have risen regardless, but Squirrel really blossomed when Akok went down. I am not sure if the metrics bare it out, but my eye says we are a much better team with Squirrel instead of Akok. Feel terrible for AA, but his injury may have helped our team. Whodathunkit?
I agree on AKok. He had hit a major wall and was playing very poorly. But Polley would have given us 8 solid guys and that 3 point weapon we desperately need. With him I really think we’d win that tournament and maybe even make a little noise in the big tourney.

Reaction Score
I think Whaley started to make the leap even before the Akok injury. I liked him the few times we saw him on the floor with Akok. It gave UConn 2 athletic big men.
Still, I love the Hurley quote.

Losing Vital is going to hurt. There is no way around it.

Wilson and Gilbert are likely gone.
But the gain is Javonte Brown Ferguson, Jackson, Coles, Springs and possibly Etienne.

Also, Polley and later Akok at some point.

I think it is a big net gain. Also, I think having Javonte Brown Ferguson on the roster and having a big for Carlton to bang against everyday in practice could get him going again. I've been on his case as much as anyone, but think a more traditional center to battle against could push him and help him.

UC1995

Back to Basics!
Reaction Score
I believe Akok was playing hurt and played until his Achilles gave out. I’m not a doctor but he was leaping as high to get blocks and rebounds the games leading up to his injury.

Kauffmak10

BleedBlue
Reaction Score
Just praying Bouk wants to be part of something special and the inaugural Big East season. Hard to imagine 30 NBA teams would pass on that talent. I know we shouldn’t even discuss that but the kid will be sought after.

Talked to Hurley tonight at BC/EC game and he said Bouk will be a lottery pick after next season. Said he would obviously love to have him for 3rd year but not counting on it.. Special kid

Reaction Score
I believe Akok was playing hurt and played until his Achilles gave out. I’m not a doctor but he was leaping as high to get blocks and rebounds the games leading up to his injury.
I don’t know if he was playing hurt but playing on fatigued legs probably contributed to that injury,

Goatmeat

Puncher of Goats
Reaction Score
Most importantly he's not hyping his play or demonstrably celebrating his highlights to gain attention. Very humble kid which one can see with his deferring to Vital and passing up shots.

He’s the man. But you need to see his Instagram stories before you post something like this. It is all well deserved and I would do the same, and I support him 100%, but it’s important that we are honest here. Edit: This is 2020 after all.

Last edited:

glastonbury50

You Enjoy Myself
Reaction Score
Bouk right now is probably 1 of 30 or so NBA talented college kids. That 30 will shrink with time/experience.

We haven't seen half of the other talent on his level and we haven't seen Sophomore Bouk either.
I don't necessarily disagree, but am yet to see bouknight on any NBA draftboards.

McLovin

Gangstas, what's up?
Reaction Score
He loves this team/school and wants to be a part of it. Top 10 pick after next season.

I think his Instagram post spoke for itself when Akok got hurt and he said something along the lines of “you (akok) will be back and we will accomplish our goals together”.

got to believe he wants to be part of something special here.

Reaction Score
Some interesting KenPoms:
Providence-45
Virginia-46
URI-49
UConn-53
Texas-54
NC state-55
Syracuse- 57
Arizona St. 58

All of those teams are in the tournament or on the bubble (except Syracuse and us). UConn isn’t even In the discussion. If we won just 2 or 3 of those close games we are discussing NCAA tourney hopes. That’s part of the rebuilding process. Hurley has this thing going Where it needs to go

Reaction Score

I agree. I was doubting that in some comments I made last week but we were there for today's game and he really is becoming special and two years looks more likely.

Reaction Score
Some interesting KenPoms:
Providence-45
Virginia-46
URI-49
UConn-53
Texas-54
NC state-55
Syracuse- 57
Arizona St. 58

All of those teams are in the tournament or on the bubble (except Syracuse and us). UConn isn’t even In the discussion. If we won just 2 or 3 of those close games we are discussing NCAA tourney hopes. That’s part of the rebuilding process. Hurley has this thing going Where it needs to go
If I'm not mistaken, margin of victory (up to 10 points) is factored into NET and kenpom. One would think we can get into the 40s with a 10 point win over Houston and a blowout at Tulane. Who knows what could happen if we got 3 wins in Dallas.

Edit: I realize those are astronomical ifs.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
deltaop99

Top Bottom