Yormark with the Money Shot | The Boneyard

Yormark with the Money Shot

Reaction Score
Brett Yormark with the money shot move in the CFP Revenue Talks..........

He wants a look-in on the contract to happen before the start of the 2028 season based on future realignment. Now what happens between now and then you ask? Well, the ACC contract with ESPN is only guaranteed until 2027.

The SEC and B1G take what they want from the ACC, then Yormark pounces on the leftovers. The Big 12 would then gain a bigger share of CFP revenue at the expense of the ACC.

"The contract is expected to include a definitive “look-in” provision in 2028. The look-in provision can be triggered before that date from any conference realignment — a provision that Big 12 commissioner Brett Yormark encouraged to be added, according to those familiar with the discussions."

And reports are saying Clemson is about to sue the ACC..........

"Attorneys for Clemson have spent the last several months gearing up for legal action of their own, sources with knowledge of the discussions tell Yahoo Sports."

Last edited:

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score

"Attorneys for Clemson have spent the last several months gearing up for legal action of their own, sources with knowledge of the discussions tell Yahoo Sports."
Plotting The Simpsons GIF

Reaction Score
Brett Yormark with the money shot move in the CFP Revenue Talks..........

He wants a look-in on the contract to happen before the start of the 2028 season based on future realignment. Now what happens between now and then you ask? Well, the ACC contract with ESPN is only guaranteed until 2027.

The SEC and B1G take what they want from the ACC, then Yormark pounces on the leftovers. The Big 12 would then gain a bigger share of CFP revenue at the expense of the ACC.

"The contract is expected to include a definitive “look-in” provision in 2028. The look-in provision can be triggered before that date from any conference realignment — a provision that Big 12 commissioner Brett Yormark encouraged to be added, according to those familiar with the discussions."

How is this smart?

Losing Texas and Oklahoma will only be bad and only make them look worse.

The look in will just confirm it.

Reaction Score
What exactly is the "look-in" and how would it work? I assume its purpose is to check out the participation by conference. I understand SOS but it's possible some Big12 programs would actually benefit in the rankings because the top programs in the P2 would be losing more. Maybe Oklahoma State, Kansas State, Iowa State, the Arizonas, etc actually benefit for a while. It's still an excellent football conference top to bottom. And it sounds like Yormark may want the look-in provision in case the Big 12 picks up some solid ACC football programs after its contract ends.

Reaction Score
What exactly is the "look-in" and how would it work? I assume its purpose is to check out the participation by conference. I understand SOS but it's possible some Big12 programs would actually benefit in the rankings because the top programs in the P2 would be losing more. Maybe Oklahoma State, Kansas State, Iowa State, the Arizonas, etc actually benefit for a while. It's still an excellent football conference top to bottom. And it sounds like Yormark may want the look-in provision in case the Big 12 picks up some solid ACC football programs after its contract ends.
It’s based on realignment that takes place between now and then from my understanding.

Reaction Score
How is this smart?

That guy hates the Big 12. Kind of funny that he insisted there was no way any school would leave the PAC-12 to join the Big 12. Never once did he acknowledge he was wrong. Now he is insisting there is no way any school would leave the ACC to join the Big 12. lol

Reaction Score
That guy hates the Big 12. Kind of funny that he insisted there was no way any school would leave the PAC-12 to join the Big 12. Never once did he acknowledge he was wrong. Now he is insisting there is no way any school would leave the ACC to join the Big 12. lol

He does. But the data supports his argument. And you have no data and no argument.

Reaction Score
How is this smart?

Altimore's graph shows Big 12 viewership of games they won't have anymore against Texas, OU, USC, UCLA, Washington, + Oregon.
Where is Altimore's graph of what ACC viewership looks like after FSU and other schools leave for the B1G and SEC, and the Big 12 raids the ACC? That's why Yormark wants a look-in after realignment.

Reaction Score
Altimore's graph shows Big 12 viewership of games they won't have anymore against Texas, OU, USC, UCLA, Washington, + Oregon.
Where is Altimore's graph of what ACC viewership looks like after FSU and other schools leave for the B1G and SEC, and the Big 12 raids the ACC? That's why Yormark wants a look-in after realignment.

Well we know for a fact that OU and UT will be gone.

The look in will just confirm that BOTH the ACC and Big 12 are utter crap.

Reaction Score
Well we know for a fact that OU and UT will be gone.

The look in will just confirm that BOTH the ACC and Big 12 are utter crap.
I don't understand why you think the Big 12 is utter crap. It is losing its two best programs but it is gaining the corner 4 which are all very good programs. It may be a better conference as a whole going forward. It may be further behind the P2 but it is hardly crap. One or two strategic northeastern additions and it would be incredible.

Reaction Score
I don't understand why you think the Big 12 is utter crap. It is losing its two best programs but it is gaining the corner 4 which are all very good programs. It may be a better conference as a whole going forward. It may be further behind the P2 but it is hardly crap. One or two strategic northeastern additions and it would be incredible.

There are no national programs in the conference. And no the four corners are not all great.

Utah is good. But they act like they already have one foot out the door. So something is up.

While the ACC is still with Miami, FSU and Clemson it’s still better.

Reaction Score
There are no national programs in the conference. And no the four corners are not all great.

Utah is good. But they act like they already have one foot out the door. So something is up.

While the ACC is still with Miami, FSU and Clemson it’s still better.
I didn't say they were great but they are all very good programs and certainly not crap. Obviously the P2 will get the top shelf elite programs. I think you sell short all the programs in the Big 12. An excellent conference from top to bottom in my opinion.

Reaction Score
I didn't say they were great but they are all very good programs and certainly not crap. Obviously the P2 will get the top shelf elite programs. I think you sell short all the programs in the Big 12. An excellent conference from top to bottom in my opinion.

Look at their ratings when they aren’t playing games involving Texas and OU.

This isn’t a meritocracy

Brands>performance
Brands>markets

The B1G and the SEC literally thought they deserved byes in the CFP because they have more fans.

Reaction Score
Excellent?

The best thing one can say about the b12 is that it is has a better chance of surviving than the ACC …. Because no one wants any of the b12 schools.
Yes excellent. Please share, which Big 12 programs you think are so far beneath UConn's standards. Or beneath Vandy, Miss State, Arkansas, South Carolina, Northwestern, Indiana, Minnesota, Purdue, Illinois, Rutgers, Maryland...

Reaction Score
On B1G - "There are brands in that conference that are weighing them down so much that they don't really know what to do with them"

He wants NC State, Va Tech, Pitt, Louisville which are all better than the lower P2 programs

Reaction Score
Yes excellent. Please share, which Big 12 programs you think are so far beneath UConn's standards. Or beneath Vandy, Miss State, Arkansas, South Carolina, Northwestern, Indiana, Minnesota, Purdue, Illinois, Rutgers, Maryland...
I didn’t say anything related to UConn.

But it is factual that the league has no flashy programs, no major brands. And it’s true that the BiG, SEC, and even ACC have no interest in any of its teams.

Reaction Score

But it is factual that the league has no flashy programs, no major brands. And it’s true that the BiG, SEC, and even ACC have no interest in any of its teams.
east coast bias.

Reaction Score
east coast bias.
Perhaps so, but a lot of people live on the East Coast. A lot live on the West Coast too, where they have no presence or market recognition either. There’s not a single program in the revised Big 12 that most people on those coasts would make even a moderate effort to see. They might watch for a little while if they stumbled across a game, but that’s not a viewership model that attracts advertisers.

Reaction Score

Well we disagree. The conference has plenty of excellent, very high quality programs which are big brands. It does not have an Alabama or Ohio State for football but so what, it is still an excellent conference. Danny this isn't Russia, is this Russia? We don't have to drink the P2 cool aid and dismiss all these other programs just because the P2 wants us to. You can. You have yet to explain why the conference is crap because it is clearly not crapola.

Reaction Score
That’s missing the point. Leagues are carried by their top teams and the audiences they attract. They just need those other teams to give the big boys some wins and fill up non-prime game slots.. Who in the Big 12 has a national following like Alabama, Georgia, Texas, Michigan, Ohio State, Penn State, et al.? What Big 12 match-up would draw non-regional viewers away from any game involving even one of the teams above?

Reaction Score
east coast bias.
Yeah it’s my bias towards those East coast programs of Alabama, Texas, Oklahoma, LSU, OhioSt, Michigan, Michigan St, Wisconsin, which are all more valuable than any b12 program.

Reaction Score
Well we disagree. The conference has plenty of excellent, very high quality programs which are big brands. It does not have an Alabama or Ohio State for football but so what, it is still an excellent conference. Danny this isn't Russia, is this Russia? We don't have to drink the P2 cool aid and dismiss all these other programs just because the P2 wants us to. You can. You have yet to explain why the conference is crap because it is clearly not crapola.
Show me where I said the b12 was crap.

Reaction Score
Yeah it’s my bias towards those East coast programs of Alabama, Texas, Oklahoma, LSU, OhioSt, Michigan, Michigan St, Wisconsin, which are all more valuable than any b12 program.
you're making a pointless argument. Of course they're the big time programs.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WillngtnOak

Top Bottom