Yormark with the Money Shot | Page 2 | The Boneyard

Yormark with the Money Shot

Reaction Score
The Big12 is like the MLB and P2 is like the NFL. It's a good conference that will have strong regional fans but nationally wont move the needle. Plus from a conference map, they have flagship universities and built in rivalries. The ACC has a few power names, but when they leave, the ACC wont have those same regional fans for football (they will for basketball), and no in-state rivalries. So once FSU/UNC say good bye, the ACC will be in 4th place by a mile.

Reaction Score
That’s missing the point. Leagues are carried by their top teams and the audiences they attract. They just need those other teams to give the big boys some wins and fill up non-prime game slots.. Who in the Big 12 has a national following like Alabama, Georgia, Texas, Michigan, Ohio State, Penn State, et al.? What Big 12 match-up would draw non-regional viewers away from any game involving even one of the teams above?
That's all well and good but you are making a different point. And I could certainly argue that many Big 12 programs would draw viewers away from Penn State. My point is the Big 12 is still an excellent conference from a competitive standpoint. I don't care about who else is watching what. And if the Big 12 added a few more east coast schools, they'll be watching the Big 12 too.

Reaction Score
How is this smart?

Losing Texas and Oklahoma will only be bad and only make them look worse.

The look in will just confirm it.

This graph is also extremely misleading. If I read it correctly, he is taking away the viewership from games they won't have anymore, but he's not replacing the viewership with future games they will have. Viewership may drop some but it won't disappear like his graph indicates. Very misleading.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WillngtnOak

Top Bottom