Not open for further replies.

CL82

2023 NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions
Reaction Score
Any port in a storm.

UCFBfan

Semi Kings of New England!
Reaction Score
I fully expect UConn to get a B1G invite eventually. Certainly an ACC invite. It's just a matter of time.

But as I have posted on several other threads, your own man, Guy Jones, also asserts that UConn is in talks with the B12.

As I interpret Jones' information, if the B12 can add a core of ACC teams, including, according to Jones, Florida State, Clemson, North Carolina, and Duke, then the B12 would reach out for two outlier schools to add two huge markets.

Those outlier schools would be UConn, for the NYC market, and San Diego State, for the San Diego market (and a foothold in the State of California). Farflung conference, that's for sure, but certainly manageable in a pod/division configuration.

As Jones emphasizes, those 6 schools would give the B12 a strong presence in 5 of the largest population centers in the nation: NE Corridor, Texas, Florida, North Carolina, and California. Pretty dang good basketball league, too: UConn, Kansas, UNC, and Duke. And check out the football schools: Texas, Oklahoma, Florida State, Clemson, West Virginia.

I hadn't thought about UConn playing games in NYC, as TuxedoYoda suggests, but it makes a lot of sense from the pov of the B12 (even if it's completely unfair to UConn). As a Texas alum, it would be fantastic to take road trips to NYC to play UConn.

Anyhow, look, UConn is going to land on its feet after the realignment smoke clears. While the B12 is far from UConn's first choice (is the B12 the first choice of anybody?), UConn will undoubtedly be invited to the B1G, ACC, or B12 before all is said and done.

As for me, I would be very happy if Guy Jones' entire scenario played out. I hope it does.

Wait isn't Guy Jones the one that someone came up with to battle the Dude?? Are you seriously quoting him? This shows how worthless twitter is

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk 2

Reaction Score
The Big 12 is weird. Anyone who could get out, just did (Colorado, Nebraska, Texas A&M, and Missouri). And everyone left that's not named Texas does not really want to be there. But no one else really has better options, except Oklahoma. And even Oklahoma's options are limited. Nevertheless, as long as Texas is around, people will get paid. And as long as football drives the bus, its impossible for the Big 12 to be bad at football being located in and around the best football recruiting state there is (Texas). So all in all the Big 12 "works", but people generally aren't thrilled by it.

Reaction Score
Jack Nicholson and Danny Devito will be playing lead rolls when the BY Lifetime Movie of the Week is made.

Nurse Ratchet will be played by the infamous Kate Upton.

Has everyone gone mad? Big 12? :confused:

I don't think so. The B12, if it has any interest, would be a very viable option; certainly, in the short term, better than the Smorgasbord 14. Knowing what I now know (about .1% of info/data normally used to support an important business decision.), I would accept an offer from the first conference to call. It doesn't take long for constantly being left at the alter to go from disappointing to embarrassing. As long as it's one of the "three," (assuming no interest at all from SEC or PAC,) go for it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
leepaul

Top Bottom