Yo! Anna - somewhere to go this weekend and next week | The Boneyard

Yo! Anna - somewhere to go this weekend and next week

Reaction Score
She doesn't have a car. She can't leave campus unless she hitches a ride with someone or she gets on a bus or uber/lyft.

SVCBeercats

Meglepetés Előadó
Reaction Score
A college kid will be stopped by your nits? If she wants to go, she will. No better time to learn how to improvise, adapt, overcome! This is what we have done all of our lives. Can do spirit is a must. This why she is at UCONN. Not only can she do, she will do.

Reaction Score
I wonder if someone who has lived Polish culture her entire life has that at the top of her list of things she wants to see and do in the US. If I was in Naples and someone told me there was a Nathan's hot dog stand 50 miles away I doubt that's where I would be having dinner.

SVCBeercats

Meglepetés Előadó
Reaction Score
I wonder if someone who has lived Polish culture her entire life has that at the top of her list of things she wants to see and do in the US. If I was in Naples and someone told me there was a Nathan's hot dog stand 50 miles away I doubt that's where I would be having dinner.
Your are comparing hot dogs with Polish cuisine? Duh!!!!

Reaction Score

It depends. I moved to Dallas 2 1/2 years ago, and I would travel an hour for a great pizza, a Connecticut lobster roll, New England-like ice cream, and a good Northeast hot dog. It's amazing, but DFW does none of these remotely well at all.

BBQ and Tex-Mex on the other hand are extraordinary in these parts. DFW really is a top-notch food town. I live 5 minutes away from several great Kosher/Jewish delis.

Not to stir some BY pots, but whenever we are back in CT, our first stops (literally) are Sweet Claude's, Pepe's or Sally Apizza, the Lobster Shack in Branford, and the Glenwood Drive-in or Frankie's.

Sure, I could understand her desire for some good food from home. (-;

Reaction Score
It depends. I moved to Dallas 2 1/2 years ago, and I would travel an hour for a great pizza, a Connecticut lobster roll, New England-like ice cream, and a good Northeast hot dog. It's amazing, but DFW does none of these remotely well at all.

BBQ and Tex-Mex on the other hand are extraordinary in these parts. DFW really is a top-notch food town. I live 5 minutes away from several great Kosher/Jewish delis.

Not to stir some BY pots, but whenever we are back in CT, our first stops (literally) are Sweet Claude's, Pepe's or Sally Apizza, the Lobster Shack in Branford, and the Glenwood Drive-in or Frankie's.

Sure, I could understand her desire for some good food from home. (-;

All true but she can get all the Polish food she wants, anytime, not by hoofing it to Penn. but right in New Britain. Let me expand my comparison. If you were in Rome and could see or do anything. Would you want to attend an American cultural festival?

All I'm saying is that she just got here and hasn't had time to miss anything.
And maybe my posts are partly due to my Polish upbringing and general dislike for the food. :rolleyes:

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Texasfan01

Top Bottom