Yesterday's crowd | The Boneyard

Yesterday's crowd

HuskyNan

You Know Who
Reaction Score
I decided those of us in the crowd deserve the credit for making Marina Mabrey travel late in the 4th quarter, when UConn held a one point lead. I haven't heard it that loud in the Civic Center for 10 years. The below clip is from after the game. BTW, I didn't see anyone leaving until there were about 20 seconds left in the game. (On edit: sorry, Cat, didn't see you had posted this elsewhere)

HuskyNan

You Know Who
Reaction Score
upload_2017-12-4_6-40-5.png

The student section was awesome.

HuskyNan

You Know Who
Reaction Score
Incidentally, it was nice that UConn had the National Championship field hockey team receive acknowledgement during halftime. The team got a standing O for going 23-0 and capturing its fifth national title. The players sat in the student section and cheered on their fellow Huskies.

Reaction Score
Great posts, thank you Nan. It's December but the game sure felt like it was in March!!!! Final Four feeling with both teams left everything on the floor. UConn recruits who were at the game must be thinking about playing in this type of game and atmosphere.

meyers7

You Talkin’ To Me?
Reaction Score
Great posts, thank you Nan. It's December but the game sure felt like it was in March!!!! Final Four feeling with both teams left everything on the floor. UConn recruits who were at the game must be thinking about playing in this type of game and atmosphere.
Hadn't thought about that, but....

1ca9f1537a33902ff7afe24557e721d873324ed72ea7c9dcd7635ddecbe7f725.jpg

Reaction Score
I decided those of us in the crowd deserve the credit for making Marina Mabrey travel late in the 4th quarter, when UConn held a one point lead.

Ah, so that was you guys! Watching ESPN, that was definitely the moment Mabrey lost it for good!

And Pheesha's snatch of the ball showed real finesse. Big cat smile and purr from Pheesha after that.

Really, the end of ND's focus.

Congrats!

ctfjr

Life is short, ride hard
Reaction Score
I contributed my part - we sit behind the visitors' bench. With about 3 minutes to go and UConn taking a foul shot (quiet time) I suggested to Muffet that it would be a good time to warm up the bus.

Reaction Score
In the arena, what was the mood for you guys just before we opened up in the 4th?

Carnac

That venerable sage from the west
Reaction Score
When ever someone says that no one cares about or watches WCBB, I laugh, because I know better. THEY don't watch or care about WCBB. Because they don't, they assume that everyone else thinks like they do..................................WRONG!!! We know better. If they choose to miss out on some great basketball played below the rim by some outstanding female athletes, that's their prerogative. Yesterday's sell out of the XL Center is proof positive that WCBB is alive, well and coveted. I wish I could have been there. THAT was a game for the ages.

There were 15,564 lucky fans that truly got their money's worth in attendance, while millions more across the country watched on national TV. Anyone that doesn't like WCBB can go sit in a corner and drink a LARGE warm bottle of prune juice then see how long they can hold it in. :eek: Connecticut loves their Huskies. The next time you encounter a hater, send them this link.

Today’s Women’s Basketball Game is SOLD OUT!
This afternoon’s women’s basketball game against No. 3/2 Notre Dame is sold out! 15,564 fans will head to Downtown Hartford for the annual showdown with the Irish, which tips off at 4 p.m. and will be televised nationally on ESPN. The XL Center will open its doors at 3 p.m. and fans are encouraged to arrive early!

[LINK]

Last edited by a moderator:

Bama fan

" As long as you lend a hand"
Reaction Score
I contributed my part - we sit behind the visitors' bench. With about 3 minutes to go and UConn taking a foul shot (quiet time) I suggested to Muffet that it would be a good time to warm up the bus.
Cruel, but hilarious

Reaction Score
I decided those of us in the crowd deserve the credit for making Marina Mabrey travel late in the 4th quarter, when UConn held a one point lead. I haven't heard it that loud in the Civic Center for 10 years. The below clip is from after the game. BTW, I didn't see anyone leaving until there were about 20 seconds left in the game. (On edit: sorry, Cat, didn't see you had posted this elsewhere)

Thank you for posting it. It was quite touching for a fan living far away.

ctfjr

Life is short, ride hard
Reaction Score
In the arena, what was the mood for you guys just before we opened up in the 4th?

Well believe it or not, when they had us by a pretty big lead in the 4th (10 or 11?) my friend asked me what i thought. I told him we had them just where we wanted them.

Reaction Score
Well believe it or not, when they had us by a pretty big lead in the 4th (10 or 11?) my friend asked me what i thought. I told him we had them just where we wanted them.

Perfect answer.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Texasfan01

Top Bottom