Yesterday was surreal.. | The Boneyard

Yesterday was surreal..

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
While walking my dogs yesterday morning before leaving for the Rent, the Sun came out briefly. I should have known better. At 10:30 my son & I stopped at B.J.'s Wholesale to get some last minute tailgating supplies, put the items on the checkout conveyer, & had to wait 10 minutes as the lady in front of us couldn't decide whether or not to upgrade her membership for FREE at the register because her daughter just started working there & the shopper gets a family discount.
We meet up with the tailgating crew & set up in Blue Lot at Noon & have our leisurely tailgate as usual. I noticed at 1:30 an acute dropoff of cars entering the parking lot with Blue Lot only @ 1/3 filled to capacity & wondered if the weather would keep fans away (I needn't have worried. They just arrived late as usual & the Rent had its usual crowd). Some of the surrounding tailgates were comical. There was the group that had ladies dressed like they were going to work at Coyote Ugly (formfitting tanktops in 55ish degree weather), the dad who took his college aged kids tailgating-cooked for them & they all sat down to eat at 3 P.M. (they bought tickets from s scalper at 2:45 as we were breaking down our tailgate preentering the Rent), & finally the plethera of imaginative tailgates with big flatscreen HDTV's & portable satellite dishes.
Armed Forces Appreciation Day was very well done, but the flyover by a business commuter jet was tacky.
Then there was the game. Tables were turned. The offense showed up & the defense largely took the day off. I'm still numb & it wasn't from the weather. I won't go into details, as it's well documented in other threads.
Finally there was the postgame tailgate. All of the aforementioned whacko tailgaters must have left at halftime, as they were long gone when we got back to our vehicles. We cooked our steaks & the tennis ball golfcart Nazis started telling us to wind down at 8 P.M. "because we want to go home to watch the Yankee game" (I'm a Yankee fan as well, but that's a new excuse from them). Then, as we were clearly packing away our tailgating materials into our vehicles, the State Troopers got into the act: driving around the lots & blairing over their loudspeakers: " Please folks, pack up & leave the parking area, as the gates will be locked at 8:30 & you don't want to be locked inside." (Like they might lock people in).
All in all, other than tailgating with friends & family, a most forgetable experience

Reaction Score
fyi, it wasn't just a commercial commuter jet, that's just pretty much all that's left of the CT Air National Guard at Bradley after the A-10s went to Arkansas

http://www.103aw.ang..mil/shared/media/photodb/web/101021-F-3118M-219.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sad Tiger