Yellowstone Season 4 | The Boneyard

Yellowstone Season 4

Chin Diesel

Power of Love
Reaction Score
Double episode starting tonight.

Be interesting to see how they do the season 3 finale and bring in the new cast of agitators.

Gotta think 2 more seasons and call it a day.

HuskyHawk

The triumphant return of the Blues Brothers.
Reaction Score
Have never watched this. Suddenly everyone it talking about it and it is "trending". Is this one I need to go binge?

Dove

Part of the 2%
Reaction Score
Very weird how they handled Casey getting shot in the gut...then he's walking around Yellowstone dressed as a Christmas tree.

Chin Diesel

Power of Love
Reaction Score
Have never watched this. Suddenly everyone it talking about it and it is "trending". Is this one I need to go binge?

It's interesting. 10 episodes each for Season 1-3. Is it realistic? Of course not. It's the classic show of an older generation trying to preserve what they have and a younger generation not wanting or being able to continue the family business. Throw in a sprinkling of class warfare, US and Native American history, hatred of Californians ruining every place nice out west and a few other storylines and you get what this is.

If the The Ranch and Sons of Anarchy had a child, it would look something like this.

Chin Diesel

Power of Love
Reaction Score
Very weird how they handled Casey getting shot in the gut...then he's walking around Yellowstone dressed as a Christmas tree.

Yeah. I mean he is an ex Navy SEAL so he has that going for him.

They cleaned up Beth pretty good too. Entire office room is blown to and she makes it out with some burn scars on her back???

Reaction Score
Double episode starting tonight.

Be interesting to see how they do the season 3 finale and bring in the new cast of agitators.

Gotta think 2 more seasons and call it a day.

I’ve been watching this show since it started and I love it. Easily my favorite.

It’s like Dallas, but in Montana with guns and tits.

4th season started with a bang.

Dutton working with the Native Americans gives me the feels.

Reaction Score

Well it had been a couple months and and he was hit in the shoulder. He couldn’t have been shot in the guy. He was wearing a plate carrier.

Reaction Score

Yeah. It’s from Taylor Sheridan (Sicario, Wind River, Hell or High Water).

It’s a new Western. Basically about a family that has a rancher bigger than Rhode Island and everyone wants to take it from them.

Chin Diesel

Power of Love
Reaction Score
Reaction Score
From the link:

Yellowstone is currently the top series of the season across all television, including broadcast, cable, and premium networks, and Sunday’s opener is now the most-watched season premiere on cable since The Walking Dead in 2017.

Won’t be long before we see Dutton Ranch branded SUVs.

Chin Diesel

Power of Love
Reaction Score

I think Ram and FCA gets plenty of free publicity regardless of what type of deals Ram gave the show for all the vehicles.
Same for Bulleitt bourbon.

HuskyHawk

The triumphant return of the Blues Brothers.
Reaction Score

I still haven't watched, but I'm seeing some indications of some folks crushing on Beth Dutton. I think that's maybe more personality than looks.

Reaction Score
I still haven't watched, but I'm seeing some indications of some folks crushing on Beth Dutton. I think that's maybe more personality than looks.

Her one liners are pretty epic. Start with the first season when she is about as venomous as it gets.

Chin Diesel

Power of Love
Reaction Score
Her one liners are pretty epic. Start with the first season when she is about as venomous as it gets.

Rip tells Beth she's trying to make the boy in to her pet.

Beth: effff u. I love you. I'll see you at the house, but effff u.

And of course worldly advice to the boy on how to become rich. Way #4. Learn how to suck a richard like you lost your car keys in it.

storrsroars

Exiled in Pittsburgh
Reaction Score
Does it make any sense to start with season 3 other than 3 & 4 are free and I have to pay for seasons 1 & 2?

Chin Diesel

Power of Love
Reaction Score
Does it make any sense to start with season 3 other than 3 & 4 are free and I have to pay for seasons 1 & 2?

Short answer is no. Or yes.

Obviously there is background in Season 1 and 2 leading on to season 3. But, you can start with 3 and pick up the pieces.

Also possible to IMDB season 1 and 2 read plots for each episode.

Chin Diesel

Power of Love
Reaction Score
Season 4 wrapped up Sunday night.

Overall season 4 was boring.

Bringing the kid in as something for Beth and Rip to deal with hasn't caught traction for me.

Kinda ticked at how they didn't do much with Kayce this season. Reading some stuff on the interwebs says Monica's character is universally despised. I don't think they have done her justice. They did somewhat jump the shark when they had her teaching a college class and taking students on field trip for the indian culture and showing hip hop and stuff. Yeah, I get the whole look beyond stereotypes but no one in that class is a key figure where whatever they "learned" was going to change a story line.

I liked what they did with Jamie other than having him kill his dad all alone. Would have been a bit more fun to have Jamie make that choice in front of John Dutton or someone else.

They announce John Dutton running for governor and then do almost nothing with that.

I don't get all the fawning over Jimmy but I guess his character is really well liked.

Overall, I like the storylines with the triangulation between ranch, reservation and developers the best.

Reaction Score
If it weren't for the A+ wow, fabulous scenes of cowboying I might have given up on this show.
We see strong, smart and agile horses bred for many specific skills, some new to me, ridden by clearly the tops in the profession.
Spectacular viewing!

Reaction Score
Spoilers.

So Beth is told she's headed to prison in the opening and then nothing? I guess sorta cliffhanger.
What was the revelation for Kayce after not 'surely dying' in the ring of visions? Hope it's to get rid of his dour bride.
I am drawn to Jimmy. He gives us the reason to learn about the many facets of cowboying along his rags to riches journey. He really pulled it off. Guess he really likes strong-jawed women. They could be sisters.
Speaking of which, love a good fight without all kinds of FX. They stage them like you're in the middle with cameras involving everyone in the room.
A bit too many tears from Lloyd, no? I get the aging angle but such a waterfall.
Yeah, the Carter kid is kinda one-note. Lets Beth act like she thinks her mother did but...yawner.
Tangential stories like the fight for land are just white noise but they bring in some great performers.
They do a great job casting - actors who really command the screen. More Gretchen Mol, Josh Holloway, Neal McDonough, please.

Reaction Score
Just started watching Yellowstone last week. Mrs. Hey Adrien lived in Custer County, Montana from ages 6-19, so for her, it's a sobering account of many of the rifts she's experienced within the state: lifers v new money, white v natives, environmental conservation v expansion, the lack of prosperity for the middle class, etc.

What's crazy is that Rip is from her hometown of Miles City, which has quite a bit of roughneck history.

We're already onto Season 2. It's more her show than mine, but the parts I watch I find it's incredible, well-crafted television.

Chin Diesel

Power of Love
Reaction Score
Just started watching Yellowstone last week. Mrs. Hey Adrien lived in Custer County, Montana from ages 6-19, so for her, it's a sobering account of many of the rifts she's experienced within the state: lifers v new money, white v natives, environmental conservation v expansion, the lack of prosperity for the middle class, etc.

What's crazy is that Rip is from her hometown of Miles City, which has quite a bit of roughneck history.

We're already onto Season 2. It's more her show than mine, but the parts I watch I find it's incredible, well-crafted television.

Interesting tidbit you have there about Cole Hauser.

He's third generation Hollywood by birth.

Cole Kenneth Hauser was born on March 22, 1975, in Santa Barbara, California, the son of Cass Warner, who founded the film production company Warner Sisters, and actor Wings Hauser. His paternal grandfather was Academy Award-winning screenwriter Dwight Hauser. One of Cole's maternal great-grandfathers was film mogul Harry Warner, a founding partner of Warner Bros., and his maternal grandfather was Milton Sperling, a Hollywood screenwriter and independent film producer. Hauser's maternal grandmother, Betty Mae Warner, a painter, sculptor, political activist and gallery owner,[4] was married to Stanley Sheinbaum, a noted political activist, economist, philanthropist, and a former Los Angeles Police Department commissioner.[5] Hauser is of Irish and German descent on his father's side and Jewish on his mother's.

Hauser's parents divorced in 1977, when he was two years old. According to him, at roughly fifteen, he first met his father after the relocation-induced years of separation. His father took him in for a year and taught him about auditioning. Prior to that, his mother had moved Hauser and his half brother and sisters from Santa Barbara to Oregon to Florida and then back to Santa Barbara within a 12-year-span. At the time, he participated heavily in sports, but half-heartedly pursued school. He was admitted to the short-listed circle of talent at a talent summer camp in New England, then won the leading role of the stage play named Dark of the Moon, which earned him standing ovations for his performance. At 16 years old he decided to leave high school to try to break into acting.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Woody69

Top Bottom