Yeehaw! | The Boneyard

Yeehaw!

DavidinNaples

11 is way better than 2..!! :)
Reaction Score
Ashlynn Shade stats in 2023-24.
1. Played in 38 of 39 games. Started 33.
2. On court for 1,194 minutes or 31.4 per game. (3rd highest minutes)
3. Scored 419 points, 3rd highest. Average 11.0 per game.
4. Made 64 threes, 2nd only to Paige (84).
5. Shot 35.6% from three range, shot 61.6% from inside arc.
6. Made 21 of 23 free throws. 91.3%.
7. Rebounds = 133 (4th highest)
8. Assists = 55, t/o's only 39.
9. Only 52 fouls in 1,194 minutes. One every 22.9 minutes.
10. Smile = 10 out of 10 (Same as KK)

Ash should improve even more with a year under her belt and more healthy bodies to share minutes.
Go Ash..!

Last edited:

Bigboote

That's big-boo-TAY
Reaction Score
She has to be near the top for hustle! I never saw her standing around watching. She will be a good Nika replacement...another fan favorite.
At Thanksgiving last year, I was with some other UConn fans. They were talking about this that or the other player, and I said, Shade looks fantastic. They were surprised, but all came around to my thinking

MSGRET

MSG, US Army Retired
Reaction Score
I didn't think that she could get more physically fit from last year, but she has toned her body even more. If she needs to go for 40 minutes I see her having no problems doing it. Hope she has a fantastic Sophomore season.

Reaction Score
When I initially saw her play, I thought "too short, too slow, not a consistent enough shooter, etc." Proven wrong on all counts. Seemingly always in the right spot, never slows down, stronger than she looks (and she looks strong). Not someone the opposition enjoys playing against. May not ever be an All American but should end up being an all-time performer and fan favorite.

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
Ashlynn Shade stats in 2023-24.
1. Played in 38 of 39 games. Started 33.
2. On court for 1,194 minutes or 31.4 per game. (3rd highest minutes)
3. Scored 419 points, 3rd highest. Average 11.0 per game.
4. Made 64 threes, 2nd only to Paige (84).
5. Shot 35.6% from three range, shot 61.6% from inside arc.
6. Made 21 of 23 free throws. 91.3%.
7. Rebounds = 133 (4th highest)
8. Assists = 55, t/o's only 39.
9. Only 52 fouls in 1,194 minutes. One every 22.9 minutes.
10. Smile = 10 out of 10 (Same as KK)

Ash should improve even more with a year under her belt and more healthy bodies to share minutes.
Go Ash..!
Nice compilation Dave! People who relegate Shade to the bench next year seem to have forgotten lasts years considerable contribution.

RockyMTblue2

Don't Look Up!
Reaction Score
Don't expect Azzi to be "Azzi", at least not right away. It takes a while to come back from injury. Just getting her back on the court is a victory. Give her time, though, to get into her old form.
Frankly, it remains to be seen whether Azzi will ever be Azzi again. If she gets back it may be as a Caroline Doty look alike. Limited minutes and prone to the knee blowing up. Of course I don't wish it, but that last injury looked like something induced by the breeze from a fan.

Reaction Score
Frankly, it remains to be seen whether Azzi will ever be Azzi again. If she gets back it may be as a Caroline Doty look alike. Limited minutes and prone to the knee blowing up. Of course I don't wish it, but that last injury looked like something induced by the breeze from a fan.
I was thinking about this. Her second acl surgery. But I think the medical field and surgery is far better now than it was back then. Kristy Wallace had back to back acl tears and she's as physical and good as ever in the W. I'm trying to think of other examples.

Reaction Score
Of course I don't wish it, but that last injury looked like something induced by the breeze from a fan.
I think there was some kind of statement from her doctor saying that her knee was expected to blow out. It sounded like her knee was going to give away at some point because it was unstable from the last injury, but they were glad they caught it early in the season. Maybe since it's had much more time to rest it'll be better next year?

Reaction Score
Any player who saw action last year will see their minutes reduced, and that's a good thing. I personally could care less who starts, what is important to me is who Geno trusts in crunch time of a close game.
Aren't these typically the same group? I suppose positional issues could introduce some difference, like if Geno needs a taller or quicker lineup to put a game away.

But you have reminded me of a side of Ash's game I may have ignored before: she performs well under pressure. I think we have a few kids like this -- Paige, of course, Azzi, Caroline, Ash and Aubrey, to be sure. Judging from some of those FIBA games, Jana is like this too. I'm thinking of one game in which China practically ran Egypt off the court in the first half and then Jana methodically brought them back to win from as much as 30 down. And much of Jana's scoring in the final quarter came from the free throw line where she was cool as a cucumber. It remains to be seen whether Sarah and Morgan are like this too, but my optimism says yes.

meyers7

You Talkin’ To Me?
Reaction Score
Any player who saw action last year will see their minutes reduced, and that's a good thing. I personally could care less who starts, what is important to me is who Geno trusts in crunch time of a close game.
Well I'm hoping UCONN is healthy enough, that they blow everybody out and there is no "crunch time". :D

Reaction Score
Aren't these typically the same group? I suppose positional issues could introduce some difference, like if Geno needs a taller or quicker lineup to put a game away.

But you have reminded me of a side of Ash's game I may have ignored before: she performs well under pressure. I think we have a few kids like this -- Paige, of course, Azzi, Caroline, Ash and Aubrey, to be sure. Judging from some of those FIBA games, Jana is like this too. I'm thinking of one game in which China practically ran Egypt off the court in the first half and then Jana methodically brought them back to win from as much as 30 down. And much of Jana's scoring in the final quarter came from the free throw line where she was cool as a cucumber. It remains to be seen whether Sarah and Morgan are like this too, but my optimism says yes.
I agree, but don't forget Chen. She's already had very good games against big time schools. I'm not worried about her or Ash in pressure situations.

Reaction Score
Ash had a very good freshman year. Where I think she can develop, is 3pt% over 40% as she is mostly wide open when she shoots.
Drive more to the basket to draw fouls. 23 foul shots for the year is too low. She actually was close to being our best guard making layups from both sides of the basket.
Her pull up shots at first were automatic and then trailed off as the year went on.
Looking forward to her improvement.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lilmisangel

Top Bottom