YAY AO and Coombs tweets made ESPN | The Boneyard

YAY AO and Coombs tweets made ESPN

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
i AM NOT A FAN OF BLOGS AND THESE PLAYERS YACKING AWAY. I LIKE AO, BUT IF YOU ARE LOOKING AT VERSATILITY AS A TEAM CONCEPT AS WELL AS PLAYERS THAT FEED WELL OFF EACH OTHER WITH THEIR SKILL SETS, TO AND AD WORK WELL IN THE UCONN SCHEME. EGOS MAKE IT HARD FOR THESE GUYS TO ACCEPT CHANGE THAT DOESN'T ALWAYS INCLUDE THEM, EVEN THOUGH IT MAY BE BEST FOR THE TEAM. FORGET THE TWEETS AO AND PLAY BALL.

Reaction Score
Wow, Eamonn Brennan must be struggling to find stuff to write about. Alex will be fine.

Reaction Score
sooo...if you read the article...who the hell is "Jeremy Coombs-McDaniel"

Reaction Score
ESPN has been a garbage can filled with rubbish for a good part of this season.

Reaction Score
also this was posted before the UCF game in which AO had a pretty good game...not before the USF game...who the hell is reporting this ...dumbA$$

Reaction Score
Lots of inaccuracies, but he did get some stuff right. Alex needs to show up effort wise and at times make 3 foot shots. We have options now with AD who is improving every game. He's a big component for us especially on defense so we need what he brings but I just don't know if it's a motivation issue or a lack of skills issue.

willie99

Loving life & enjoying the ride, despite the bumps
Reaction Score
"if there's one thing we know about Calhoun in his career, it's that he has no qualms benching a veteran stalwart to make room for impressive new talent."
----------------------------

I'm trying to think of when was the last time this happened?

anyone?

Reaction Score
calling AO a veteran stalwart is insulting. he'll be fighting TO for minutes in the long run anyway, and im confident he'll get his fire (and swagger) back.

UChusky916

Making the board a little less insufferable
Reaction Score
"if there's one thing we know about Calhoun in his career, it's that he has no qualms benching a veteran stalwart to make room for impressive new talent."

anyone?

No idea... lol

mets1090

Probably returning some video tapes...
Reaction Score
Do we count starting Kemba over Beverly as benching a veteran for younger talent? :p

Reaction Score

anyone?

Rash Jones?

Reaction Score
also this was posted before the UCF game in which AO had a pretty good game...not before the USF game...who the hell is reporting this ****...dumbA$$

"FSU". We haven't played "USF" yet.

Reaction Score
Could this dope be a Syracuse grad looking to deflect attention away from the bordello that is the cuse program?

joober jones

Finally Non-Fat Guy
Reaction Score
No idea... lol
He must be talking about senior night in '95 when he let Boo Willingham start and play the first minute with Travis Knight then coming off the bench.

Reaction Score
Brennan writing, "If there's one thing we know about Calhoun in his career, it's that he has no qualms benching a veteran stalwart to make room for impressive new talent," is a misinterpretation of the situation. Oriakhi was a starter at the four last year, not the five. Drummond is replacing Chuck in the starting rotation, while Olander is replacing Oriakhi. Olander's been impressive so far, but it's inaccurate to describe him as "impressive new talent" (I think the description was meant for Drummond). His talent is not more impressive than Oriakhi's and AO's benching isn't anything other than a message for him to start playing to his potential.

Reaction Score
Rash isn't the only example. Murray Williams and/or Lyman DePriest went to the bench when Scott Burrell and Nadav Henefeld came in. Brian Fair went to the bench when Doron came in. Eric Hayward started with the Marshalls, then became a bench player as Travis Knight developed. Tony Robertson became a bench player his senior year after Ben Gordon developed. Rashad Anderson went to the bench when Rudy came in. Sometimes, he has allowed the veteran to start while the new guy has played starter minutes off the bench (Chris Smith and Phil Gamble, Ricky Moore and Rudy Johnson, Kemba and Craig Austrie, Ray Allen and Eric Hayward, Ben Gordon and Tony Robertson during Ben's freshman year).

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
leepaul

Top Bottom