Yasmeen Chang, 2019 Visited UCONN | The Boneyard

Yasmeen Chang, 2019 Visited UCONN

Status
Not open for further replies.

Fanmomma

UCONN WBB ALL DAY
Reaction Score
So it looks like Marissa visited open gym this past summer, and she received a call from them before that. Geno and the team know exactly what they're looking for, so I have no idea why I still am surprised when they find good players that are not even on the radar for most. Finding gems in places well before most even have an inkling. They are just so good at recruiting.

UcMiami

How it is
Reaction Score
So it looks like Marissa visited open gym this past summer, and she received a call from them before that. Geno and the team know exactly what they're looking for, so I have no idea why I still am surprised when they find good players that are not even on the radar for most. Finding gems in places well before most even have an inkling. They are just so good at recruiting.
Considering that ESPN has a list of only 25 recruits for 2019 and by the time they get to a 2019 top 100 some on this 25 will end up in the second half of that list, being 'off the radar' for 2019 or 2020 doesn't really signify too much.

Fanmomma

UCONN WBB ALL DAY
Reaction Score
Considering that ESPN has a list of only 25 recruits for 2019 and by the time they get to a 2019 top 100 some on this 25 will end up in the second half of that list, being 'off the radar' for 2019 or 2020 doesn't really signify too much.
good point

Reaction Score

ESPN has a second list 2019 with more names but they are not all ranked.........I guess you'd call it top 100...........that's the list I was referring to

2019 High School Girls' Basketball Recruiting Prospects - ESPN

Sluconn Husky

#1 Source of Info
Reaction Score
Chang does not seem to be an unknown. Prospects Nation has her #55.

Kenny Kalina was high on her nearly two years ago:

Yasmeen Chang 5-8 G (Fort Myers, Fl) – I have seen Chang now for two years and know she is a fantastic athlete. Really impressive yesterday with her shooting ability which proved to be the difference in her game versus FGB. Chang knocked down 3 big 3’s including the game winner as time expired. What will prove pivotal for Chang is her success in scholastic basketball next year and her ability to lead a team as their best player. With the right system and development she could be the next highly recruited prospect out of Southwest Florida.

11 2019’s To Know from the Miami Suns Memorial Day Showcase

CocoHusky

1,000,001 BY points
Reaction Score
Hunh - hadn't seen that one and sort of wonder how it is arrived at seeing as so many are just 'names' with no evaluation.
You can actually send in a profile (self nom) to ESPN height, weight stats or even video and they will list you with a grade of 40 just to get into the database. You also tell them where and when you will be playing so they can do a full evaluation. That is also how most of the schools interested in portion of the profile get filled out. The better AAU teams also make sure all the players are listed.

Reaction Score
I'm sure ESPN gets fed names from Olsen, Fenelon, Kalina, McCormick etc...........they all know the top players in their area before anybody else................at least they should.............that's how they make a living

Reaction Score
UConn got in on Chang during the summer:

Based on the ESPN list there seem to be a good number of quality '19 guards.......I know Peoples and Nixon are often linked to UConn, add Ms Chang to the list

CocoHusky

1,000,001 BY points
Reaction Score
Based on the ESPN list there seem to be a good number of quality '19 guards..I know Peoples and Nixon are often linked to UConn, add Ms Chang to the list
The Nixon liked to UCONN out of NYC is 2018 Jordan Nixon.

MilfordHusky

Voice of Reason
Reaction Score
Chang does not seem to be an unknown. Prospects Nation has her #55.

Kenny Kalina was high on her nearly two years ago:

Yasmeen Chang 5-8 G (Fort Myers, Fl) – I have seen Chang now for two years and know she is a fantastic athlete. Really impressive yesterday with her shooting ability which proved to be the difference in her game versus FGB. Chang knocked down 3 big 3’s including the game winner as time expired. What will prove pivotal for Chang is her success in scholastic basketball next year and her ability to lead a team as their best player. With the right system and development she could be the next highly recruited prospect out of Southwest Florida.

11 2019’s To Know from the Miami Suns Memorial Day Showcase
Kenny has a pro-Florida bias, but this is still useful info.

Reaction Score
I admit I don't study recruiting threads but whenever I read one I feel like Marissa is the coach spearheading the effort. Is that just because she's the coordinator of recruiting or is she our best recruiter?

Reaction Score
I admit I don't study recruiting threads but whenever I read one I feel like Marissa is the coach spearheading the effort. Is that just because she's the coordinator of recruiting or is she our best recruiter?

Not sure but I do know that the assistant coaches spend a lot of time watching the recruits before Geno see's any of them in person

UcMiami

How it is
Reaction Score
CD is the coordinator unless that has changed and then she assigns responsibilities and assignments. They all do their bit as talent spotters on their travels. Marissa is the low person on the totem pole so maybe she gets out on trips more?

Reaction Score
Is Chang a Chinese? Wow what a stupid question ....definite yes.
I thought Chang and Chong are almost same in Chinese writing.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Texasfan01

Top Bottom