Yarders post covid concert/s that they would like to attend? | Page 2 | The Boneyard

Yarders post covid concert/s that they would like to attend?

Curiouser
Reaction Score
Yeah, that's probably why I caved when she said she wanted to go last year. I like a fair amount of their catalogue, just not all of it. Liked the 70's stuff. Not a fan of "Maneater" and "Private Eyes". I've seen Squeeze a couple of times, and KT Tunstall once (also as an opening act). Both are solid. Squeeze has plenty of good songs.

Love the Violent Femmes like everyone in college in the mid 80's. Blister in the Sun was like the UConn Anthem in those years. I know nothing about Flogging Molly, but it's at my absolute favorite venue. Leader Bank Pavilion - 2021 show schedule & venue information - Live Nation

Already have tickets for 2022. Rod Stewart & Cheap Trick that was postposed from last year, and I just bought Elton John tickets on Wednesday. Haven't seen him and needed to check that box. Haven't seen Rod Steward either. Have seen Cheap Trick about 8 times.
No question H&O put out some cheesy crap, but if Rod Stewart's cheesy crap doesn't offend you I would think H&O will be just fine.

I have seen Elton and he is great and definitely one to check off the list.

Reaction Score
Yeah, that's probably why I caved when she said she wanted to go last year. I like a fair amount of their catalogue, just not all of it. Liked the 70's stuff. Not a fan of "Maneater" and "Private Eyes". I've seen Squeeze a couple of times, and KT Tunstall once (also as an opening act). Both are solid. Squeeze has plenty of good songs.

Love the Violent Femmes like everyone in college in the mid 80's. Blister in the Sun was like the UConn Anthem in those years. I know nothing about Flogging Molly, but it's at my absolute favorite venue. Leader Bank Pavilion - 2021 show schedule & venue information - Live Nation

Already have tickets for 2022. Rod Stewart & Cheap Trick that was postposed from last year, and I just bought Elton John tickets on Wednesday. Haven't seen him and needed to check that box. Haven't seen Rod Steward either. Have seen Cheap Trick about 8 times.

No question H&O put out some cheesy crap, but if Rod Stewart's cheesy crap doesn't offend you I would think H&O will be just fine.

8893 LMFAO on that! Elton definitely a box check off. Saw him on Goodbye Yellow Brick road tour, absolutely incredible show.
If you get a chance, listen to Hall and Oats album called War Babies produced by one my Favorites Todd Rundgren, mid 70's. NOT CHEESY, LOL....

storrsroars

Exiled in Pittsburgh
Reaction Score

I was going to buy EJ tix the other day when his 2022 show at PNC Park went on sale. But wife said she'd seen him 4x and that was enough. Loved the early catalog, not Phila Freedom and after. Looks like a pass unless I get divorced in next year and want to impress a new date ;-)

Rod... I'd see Rod if the entire show was ANIAGAAWTABH, EPTAS and Oo La La and that was it, and of course, if Ron Wood was on board. The two of them are still magic and I honestly think Wood enjoys playing with Rod more than the Stones. Stay With Me is still one of my top 10 favorite tunes.

Anyone here seen Dawes live? They're playing in a new venue I've been wanting to check out. After watching the Laurel Canyon documentary, I've been in the mood for some of that sound.

Last edited:

HuskyHawk

The triumphant return of the Blues Brothers.
Reaction Score
I was going to by EJ tix the other day when his 2022 here went on sale. But wife said she'd seen him 4x and that was enough. Loved the early catalog, not Phila Freedom and after. Looks like a pass unless I get divorced in next year and want to impress a new date ;-)

Rod... I'd see Rod if the entire show was ANIAGAAWTABH, EPTAS and Oo La La and that was it, and of course, if Ron Wood was on board. The two of them are still magic and I honestly think Wood enjoys playing with Rod more than the Stones. Stay With Me is still one of my top 10 favorite tunes.

Anyone here seen Dawes live? They're playing in a new venue I've been wanting to check out. After watching the Laurel Canyon documentary, I've been in the mood for some of that sound.

No idea what that first acronym is. Just go to EJ with the attractive slightly younger divorced woman who lives next door. If you have one (I do).

Never heard of Dawes, but looked them up and they sound interesting. What do you have to lose? Go. New live band, new venue, win-win.

Looked up Flogging Molly...Celtic Punk. So that's generally a favored genre for me. Looking forward to that show more now. I'm sure I know some of their stuff.

Curiouser
Reaction Score
I was going to by EJ tix the other day when his 2022 here went on sale. But wife said she'd seen him 4x and that was enough. Loved the early catalog, not Phila Freedom and after. Looks like a pass unless I get divorced in next year and want to impress a new date ;-)

Agree about Elton's catalog--but, oh, what a catalog! The last time I saw him was probably more than 10 years ago now, but he knows how to put on a show. Agree with your wife though; 4x would be enough. I've seen him three times (I think) and will not be seeing him again unless one of my kids insists. My wife and one of our daughters were going to go pre-Covid but I don't know if they are going to try to get tickets again now that they have been rescheduled, because she lives in DC now.

Rod has one of the best rock-n-roll voices of all time. But his later-era schlock really turned me off.

HuskyHawk

The triumphant return of the Blues Brothers.
Reaction Score
Agree about Elton's catalog--but, oh, what a catalog! The last time I saw him was probably more than 10 years ago now, but he knows how to put on a show. Agree with your wife though; 4x would be enough. I've seen him three times (I think) and will not be seeing him again unless one of my kids insists. My wife and one of our daughters were going to go pre-Covid but I don't know if they are going to try to get tickets again now that they have been rescheduled, because she lives in DC now.

Rod has one of the best rock-n-roll voices of all time. But his later-era schlock really turned me off.

We are bring my daughter to Elton. Have taken her to the Rolling Stones, Fleetwood Mac, U2, and I think Aerosmith...probably others I forget. My wife pretty much insists that she catch them while she can (see my regrets post) and my daughter has well rounded taste. I married a concert junkie. Her dad was in the record distribution business so from late 70's through 80's she had free (usually very good, often backstage pass) tickets to every show that came through Boston. Wish we had all his gold records, but we've still got several. She has one in her name, Diver Down.

nwhoopfan

hopeless West Coast homer
Reaction Score
I haven't seen Flogging Molly live, but they have a bunch of great songs (IMO of course). A bit in the same vein as the Dropkick Murphys, not quite as much rock, maybe a bit more of the traditional Celtic instrumentation.

Reaction Score
Right, Kravitz does not tour much. Missed him a few years back I believe he was at Mohegan Sun.
JRAD will be entertaining. Are they at Westville Bowl?
They are. Definitely looking forward to that!

storrsroars

Exiled in Pittsburgh
Reaction Score
One more I just learned about and plan to see, but not till December - Jason Isbell and the 400 Unit. That's one I really wish was outside as the music is just made for that kind of show.

Reaction Score
My dad lives in Pennsylvania and has been mostly bedridden since his stroke three years ago. I haven't been able to see him since covid, so looking to spend two days with him in August and parlay that trip w/ one of the Hershey, PA Phish shows, which is real close to his birthday.

Likely driving up on Tuesday, spend a night near Harrisburg and then drive back Wednesday, see him a few hours both ways. Last Phish show was the Strawberry Jam night at MSG.

Reaction Score
Just got back from Albert Cummings. Best blues guitarist I've ever seen. As this was an outdoors concert, I now want to see him in a club. His tour calendar says he's playing in Ridgefield in August. If you're an SRV fan, I strongly suggest catching him on this tour.
I wish he was playing elsewhere. I went to see Rodger Hodgson (Supertramp fame) there and the sound was horrendous and price of tickets were a bit much, had great seats 6 rows from the stage. Not sure if it was that show only but terrible.

Waquoit

Mr. Positive
Reaction Score
I wish he was playing elsewhere. I went to see Rodger Hodgson (Supertramp fame) there and the sound was horrendous and price of tickets were a bit much, had great seats 6 rows from the stage. Not sure if it was that show only but terrible.
I caught Hodgson at Foxwoods and thought he was great. Zero sound problems.

Reaction Score
I caught Hodgson at Foxwoods and thought he was great. Zero sound problems.
Had already bought tickets for Ridgefield and the a few days later tickets went on sale for Foxwood. Would of rather seen him there. did not think he would do 2 shows in CT.

storrsroars

Exiled in Pittsburgh
Reaction Score
He's in Pawling at Daryl's House next January.

nwhoopfan

hopeless West Coast homer
Reaction Score
Well I finally pulled the trigger on one. Jade Bird is playing the Tractor Tavern in Seattle in early October. I'm kinda surprised she's playing a venue that small (capacity 500 I think). I'm sure she'll graduate from that type of venue soon. I got a code for a presale, the promoter says they expect the tickets to go fast, so I jumped on it.

Reaction Score

i havent seen a show at ridgefield playhouse but the ticket prices have always deterred me from going. Maybe its a super intimate setting or something but it would be like Blues Traveler playing for $80 a ticket.

Reaction Score
i havent seen a show at ridgefield playhouse but the ticket prices have always deterred me from going. Maybe its a super intimate setting or something but it would be like Blues Traveler playing for $80 a ticket.
It is intimate, 500 at capacity. Sound was terrible, (not sure if that's the case for other shows there.) You don't want to even know what I spent for 2 tickets from their box office. Lol! Yes, they tend to be pricey there.

storrsroars

Exiled in Pittsburgh
Reaction Score
It is intimate, 500 at capacity. Sound was terrible, (not sure if that's the case for other shows there.) You don't want to even know what I spent for 2 tickets from their box office. Lol! Yes, they tend to be pricey there.
I checked Cummings' website. It's in Ballard Park, so outdoors, not at the Playhouse.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
leepaul

Top Bottom