Yanks | Page 8 | The Boneyard

Yanks

Reaction Score
While Boras has a knack to get teams to compete against themselves, I don't believe this was exactly an A-Rod to Texas situation. The Angels and Dodgers were said to be heavily involved in the bidding to the point that Jeff Passan (IIRC) reported that the Angels thought they had him around $310M.

After Strasburg's deal, Cole's contract was going to be crazy. The Yanks bascially had to prusue him to work in NYC versus working closer to home with a very competetive team in the Dodgers or a team under pressure to win now in the Angeles. There was talk that SD was invovled, too; but, they are not close to competing for a WS title yet.

Husky25

Dink & Dunk beat the Greatest Show on Turf.
Reaction Score
Billionaires paying millions is not an overpay.
Depends on who the billionaires rely on in obtaining the millions.

David 76

Forty years a fan
Reaction Score
Five years at $50 million per leaves 4 years and $74 mill on the table.
I would give Cole 74 million for 4 years at 34 years of age

Reaction Score
He replaced a living legend in Jeter with grace and actually better numbers with his glove and his bat in comparsion to the Captain's later years. Not an easy thing to do. I can only wish him the best.
No doubt. Nobody should have anything but respect for Didi, but the timing of the injury and his slow return kinda sealed it. Especially with Cole out there. They were never going to pay millions to Didi or Romine when they didn't need to. There's no way you can argue with letting him go in favor of 21 year old Torres at SS and DJ at 2B.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Woody69

Top Bottom