Yankees Hot Stove | The Boneyard

Yankees Hot Stove

Reaction Score
Well, the first domino has fallen with Brian McCann being moved to Houston for two minor league pitchers. I don't follow minor league baseball enough to be familiar with the two pitchers the Yanks got back in return, but I liked McCann. For sure he had to go with Sanchez's emergence, but McCann seemed to be a solid, if unspectacular, professional in the middle of the lineup and struck me as good clubhouse guy. He handled the demotion to backup about as well as you could have expected anyone to in that position.

Reaction Score
Well, the first domino has fallen with Brian McCann being moved to Houston for two minor league pitchers. I don't follow minor league baseball enough to be familiar with the two pitchers the Yanks got back in return, but I liked McCann. For sure he had to go with Sanchez's emergence, but McCann seemed to be a solid, if unspectacular, professional in the middle of the lineup and struck me as good clubhouse guy. He handled the demotion to backup about as well as you could have expected anyone to in that position.

This is a good move. Strikes out way too much now and slows them down on the base paths. He's a DH now as his catching skills were diminished. Very good move even if the players involved aren't ML worthy, lost some cash they can spend on someone of more impact. Like the guy a lot but it was time for this decision.

Reaction Score
This is a good move. Strikes out way too much now and slows them down on the base paths. He's a DH now as his catching skills were diminished. Very good move even if the players involved aren't ML worthy, lost some cash they can spend on someone of more impact. Like the guy a lot but it was time for this decision.
Be interesting to see what they do at DH now. Beltran is a possibility, among others. Very much on track to reset the luxury tax after next season.

Dove

Part of the 2%
Reaction Score
And their new DH will be...Matt Holliday!!!

Nice!

Reaction Score
We need more... yeah, I like we're moving in the direction of getting younger, but we need another bat our 2, of the veteran variety, that can provide leadership at the plate. Not necessarily with the long ball, but being able to hit in a big spot... If we can find somebody to replace Chase Headley at 3B of that ilk that'd be great. Same as Ellsbur, but for a different reason. He can't stay healthy enough to be depended on... we're not gonna feel good paying him 20 plus million bucks to play part time...

That and another back end pitcher and another starter....

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
leepaul

Top Bottom