Yankees homeruns | The Boneyard

Yankees homeruns

Reaction Score
Thanks, that's wild. In the fourth inning tonight they hit 3 straight homers on three straight pitches, HIcks struck out and then Stanton and Torres went back to back.
I was watching the Celtics and then caught the Yankees highlights after. It’s amazing how their bats have come alive the past few games. I knew they were too good to keep struggling, but I obviously didn’t expect this.

Reaction Score
Having DJ back is big (needs to be resigned btw), then Gleyber and now Judge and Stanton, putting Gardner on the bench and Wade (who can PR now). Of course we gotta see how this lineup does against better pitching. Its a weird season and you got ebs and flows in a baseball season gotta get lucky at the right time especially this year.

HuskylnSC

North is a direction; South is a lifestyle
Reaction Score
Don't forget that Sanchez seems to have straightened out his approach issues. He started the big inning with an RBI double line drive off the wall. It was 117.5 mph the hardest hit ball of the season by anyone.

Last edited:

StllH8L8ner

You’ll get nothing and like it!
Reaction Score
Was watching the game and it was pretty amazing. Nice to see the regulars back out there instead of back-ups every game. But the HR or nothing approach works well against bad pitching. In the playoffs, not so much. They should sign DJ to a 20 year deal ASAP...

Reaction Score
Unreal! Live and die by the long ball tho...
My only concern and roadblock of what's keeping them from winning another championship. They need one more hitter outside of DJ who can put the ball in play and hit situationally. Torres can be that, Frazier is showing he can be that too and Andujar, one day, could be that...but likely for another team.

the Q

Yowie Wowie. We’re gonna have so much fun here
Reaction Score
For sure, I don't think you can ever win that way but it is 2020 where anything goes.

i think over 50% of runs have scored on extra base hits the past few postseasons.

it’s it as easy to string together 3-5 hits in a row with everyone throwing 95+

Reaction Score
Don’t mind the Frazier PH but why PR for Voit so early?? Why loaisiga with the game on the line?? Why?? Why???

CTBasketball

Former Owner of the Pizza Thread
Reaction Score
Tanaka going back in after the rain delay was questionable, even though he was pretty good.

Still don’t get why Hicks is playing, he’s god awful on defense and can’t swing the bat. Frazier and Tauchman are just sitting there...

Reaction Score
Tanaka going back in after the rain delay was questionable, even though he was pretty good.

Still don’t get why Hicks is playing, he’s god awful on defense and can’t swing the bat. Frazier and Tauchman are just sitting there...
Hicks has a great eye and takes a lot of pitches which is huge in the playoffs when you want to spoil the starter. Despite his low BAA, he doesn't have many "bad" at-bats.

CTBasketball

Former Owner of the Pizza Thread
Reaction Score
Hicks has a great eye and takes a lot of pitches which is huge in the playoffs when you want to spoil the starter. Despite his low BAA, he doesn't have many "bad" at-bats.
Very true I just don’t like him and Gardner out there, even tho they do take good ABs.

Reaction Score
No matter what he does in the playoffs, I firmly believe that it's time to cut Sanchez loose. The starters don't trust him, his defense sucks even if he once in a while manages to cath teh ball and throw out a runner, and his work ethic at teh plat is abysmal. I think honestly think he needs to get out of the New York lights.

Reaction Score
Looks like Boone is benching Gary Sanchez again for tonight's game. Can they try a "fresh start" next season or is this it for him in NY? I'm a Sanchez fan because the upside is so much higher than with almost any catcher they replace him with, but I guess Boone/Cashman have finally seen enough. Can't imagine he holds much trade value right now.

Reaction Score
Looks like Boone is benching Gary Sanchez again for tonight's game. Can they try a "fresh start" next season or is this it for him in NY? I'm a Sanchez fan because the upside is so much higher than with almost any catcher they replace him with, but I guess Boone/Cashman have finally seen enough. Can't imagine he holds much trade value right now.

I said it a year or two ago when the rumor that the Yanks would trade Sanchez for Realmuto straight-up with Miami. Sanchez is just not a fit for New York and would be better off in a less intense market where he can relax and just be him. Rigght now, none of the pitchers trust him, no one really steals any more so that plus for him is out, and at the plate he hits a Home Run maybe once a week and that's it. For both parties to be their best, it is time to part ways.

Dove

Part of the 2%
Reaction Score
No matter what he does in the playoffs, I firmly believe that it's time to cut Sanchez loose. The starters don't trust him, his defense sucks even if he once in a while manages to cath teh ball and throw out a runner, and his work ethic at teh plat is abysmal. I think honestly think he needs to get out of the New York lights.
What is his contract status?

Reaction Score
What is his contract status?

Looks like 2020 is Sanchez's last under contract at $8.5M, he's arbitration eligible in '21 and '22.

For '21, the Yanks will be busy with contracts as Judge, Gio and a bunch of others are in the same boat as Sanchez while Tanaka, LeMahieu, Paxton, Gardner (team option), and others will all be Free Agents.

Dove

Part of the 2%
Reaction Score
Mike Stanton took 5 pitches and takes the backward K.

ftg

Reaction Score
Mike Stanton took 5 pitches and takes the backward K.

ftg

Never understood the reason to sign Stanton outside of platooning him with Judge, one may get a full season between the two. The Yanks had Judge (and Sanchez) at the time. The need batter to get on base more often to both maximize the damage done via the HR and to get runs in when the big bats are quite, like they were last night. DeMathieu is that. Frazier could be that. And of course, they could spend more money on pitching because there is never enough pitching and pitching rules the playoffs, just ask Tampa.

Dove

Part of the 2%
Reaction Score
Never understood the reason to sign Stanton outside of platooning him with Judge, one may get a full season between the two. The Yanks had Judge (and Sanchez) at the time. The need batter to get on base more often to both maximize the damage done via the HR and to get runs in when the big bats are quite, like they were last night. DeMathieu is that. Frazier could be that. And of course, they could spend more money on pitching because there is never enough pitching and pitching rules the playoffs, just ask Tampa.
The Yankees starting pitching going into the playoffs:

G Cole
M Tanaka
JA Happ
??????????????????????????????

anyone else doesn't count.

Waquoit

Mr. Positive
Reaction Score
The Yanks were exposed. They remind me of the 1978 Red Sox.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
leepaul

Top Bottom