Yankee Stadium/Army Bus Trip & Tailgate | Page 3 | The Boneyard

Yankee Stadium/Army Bus Trip & Tailgate

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Business is set up- once I get the contract with the parking lot we'll launch the website and sales will start Oct 1

Reaction Score
Will Metro North trains from CT stop at Yankee Stadium on 11/8? or must you go to 125th St. and take 4 train to Stadium?

Dooley

Done with U-con athletics
Reaction Score
My brother and I just bought tickets in 206. Looking to join a bus trip + tailgate.

Reaction Score
Everyone-
My new business and website (www.cfbtravel.com) are live! I just executed the parking contract with the lot manager and catering group for our tailgate, which is about a 7 minute walk to Yankee Stadium, right next to the Metro North Station.

Payment for the tailgate will be done on my website and processed by PayPal. The cost of the tailgate is $22.89/person plus a 31 cent order fee (shows up as a shipping fee). Walk-ups may or may not be allowed at a substantially increased cost and on a cash-only basis since I need to have a hard count to the caterer in advance.

Parking passes are also being sold. Of note, the lot holds 100 cars and I'm reserving 30-40 spots for the tailgate. This leaves 60-70 parking passes, of which two groups have spoken for at least 36 (another bus group has their own tailgate in 20 spots and a large group of 30-40 people will be joining us with at least six cars plus their 10-spot dedicated tailgate area). As such, parking passes are $37.50 on a stand-alone basis and $30.50 when bought with a two tailgate package. Once these parking passes sell out, no more will be sold. The reason the stand-alone is so expensive is that you can tailgate in our private lot and I want to hold as many parking spots for my tailgaters as possible- no "live" tailgating is allowed anywhere else at any Yankee Stadium lot or garage so space is at a premium in the lot.

Let me know if you have any questions.

Reaction Score
Everyone-
My new business and website (www.cfbtravel.com) are live! I just executed the parking contract with the lot manager and catering group for our tailgate, which is about a 7 minute walk to Yankee Stadium, right next to the Metro North Station.

Payment for the tailgate will be done on my website and processed by PayPal. The cost of the tailgate is $22.89/person plus a 31 cent order fee (shows up as a shipping fee). Walk-ups may or may not be allowed at a substantially increased cost and on a cash-only basis since I need to have a hard count to the caterer in advance.

Parking passes are also being sold. Of note, the lot holds 100 cars and I'm reserving 30-40 spots for the tailgate. This leaves 60-70 parking passes, of which two groups have spoken for at least 36 (another bus group has their own tailgate in 20 spots and a large group of 30-40 people will be joining us with at least six cars plus their 10-spot dedicated tailgate area). As such, parking passes are $37.50 on a stand-alone basis and $30.50 when bought with a two tailgate package. Once these parking passes sell out, no more will be sold. The reason the stand-alone is so expensive is that you can tailgate in our private lot and I want to hold as many parking spots for my tailgaters as possible- no "live" tailgating is allowed anywhere else at any Yankee Stadium lot or garage so space is at a premium in the lot.

Where did you get the idea about no tailgating? I'm all for your endeavor here, but people tailgate in all of the lots, there.

Reaction Score
Thanks for all your work Ryan. Signed up Friday for 14 for the tailgate with a few parking passes. What an awesome set-up and so easy with PayPal. You're the best! Can't wait!

Reaction Score
Where did you get the idea about no tailgating? I'm all for your endeavor here, but people tailgate in all of the lots, there.
This is a recent phenomenon I'm told- the group that was previously running the tailgate had an issue at their September tailgate (which is why they bailed on me) but not their July tailgate. It's been backed up by at least three other groups that are running buses to the stadium that no other lots allow tailgating so unless multiple people are pulling my leg....

Reaction Score
I've got 12 guys heading to the game. Section 111-112. We're trying to figure out what to do for a tailgate - join the one talked about here or do our own. What's the man beverage situation looking like? That'll prob determine what we do. Thanks.

Reaction Score
I've got 12 guys heading to the game. Section 111-112. We're trying to figure out what to do for a tailgate - join the one talked about here or do our own. What's the man beverage situation looking like? That'll prob determine what we do. Thanks.

Would love to have you guys and create a huge UConn tailgate- you're welcome to join us either way since we have stand-alone parking passes and are explicitly allowed to tailgate in our lot. Our tailgate is BYOB but that's all you need to bring, everything else is provided.

Sold over 200 tailgates so far and at least 50 people on my buses haven't signed up yet so this is going to be huge. That doesn't include the other three buses (150+ people) that are joining our lot that have their own tailgate going...

Last edited:

zls44

Your #icebus Tour Director
Reaction Score
This seems like a good time to mention that tickets are non-refundable.

Reaction Score
Everyone-

Ryan - this is really great work, thanks for setting this up! I am going to talk to my crew of 20+ and see what they think! as of now, we just planned on getting to the stadium as early as possible and finding a place to tailgate but this sounds much better...

Question - Should I purchase the parking passes ahead of time and then have each individual buy the ticket for the tailgate party? Could we buy tailgate tickets on location? Sorry if I missed the answers to these questions already, as an organizer for AO Hartford I know how difficult it is keeping up with everyones questions, often repeats!

Anyway, great stuff, CANT WAIT!

Reaction Score
Ryan - this is really great work, thanks for setting this up! I am going to talk to my crew of 20+ and see what they think! as of now, we just planned on getting to the stadium as early as possible and finding a place to tailgate but this sounds much better...

Question - Should I purchase the parking passes ahead of time and then have each individual buy the ticket for the tailgate party? Could we buy tailgate tickets on location? Sorry if I missed the answers to these questions already, as an organizer for AO Hartford I know how difficult it is keeping up with everyones questions, often repeats!

Anyway, great stuff, CANT WAIT!
Thanks for the kind words. Would love to have you guys. You should purchase your parking passes and tailgates as far in advance as you can- once I hit a certain number of parking spots sold they're gone so I can maximize the space for the tailgate; I think there's only 9 left right now.

On the tailgates, I need to get a count to the caterer a week in advance and he's going to bring a few extra but the on-site sales will be limited (if he brings 20 extra, I'll only sell 20) and at a higher price ($25+) to incent everyone to buy earlier.

Reaction Score
Thanks for the kind words. Would love to have you guys. You should purchase your parking passes and tailgates as far in advance as you can- once I hit a certain number of parking spots sold they're gone so I can maximize the space for the tailgate; I think there's only 9 left right now.

On the tailgates, I need to get a count to the caterer a week in advance and he's going to bring a few extra but the on-site sales will be limited (if he brings 20 extra, I'll only sell 20) and at a higher price ($25+) to incent everyone to buy earlier.

awesome, will get this info out to my crew! Thanks again, see you in a few weeks !

Reaction Score
Any news as to whether or not Metro North running Yankee Clipper to game. I called few weeks ago and they said that they did not know?

Reaction Score
279 people signed up as of today. Very few parking passes left so if you're planning on driving down and want to park w us, act quickly. Once I get the # of cars I need in the lot that's it!

Husky25

Dink & Dunk beat the Greatest Show on Turf.
Reaction Score
279 people signed up as of today. Very few parking passes left so if you're planning on driving down and want to park w us, act quickly. Once I get the # of cars I need in the lot that's it!
You still selling tailgates after you sell out the cars or is the entire thing being shut down?

Reaction Score
Yes will still sell tailgates but I need a hard count to the caterer a week in advance- once I send that to him, anyone else joining will incur a higher cost.

Husky25

Dink & Dunk beat the Greatest Show on Turf.
Reaction Score
Ryan. I just bought 3. Expect 5 more from my group.

UCPusky

"Knowledge is Good" - Emil Faber
Reaction Score

Thanks Ryan! Just ordered a parking pass and four tailgate tickets for my group. See you in the Bronx!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sad Tiger

Top Bottom