yankee bowl WTF?!?!?!?!?! | The Boneyard

yankee bowl WTF?!?!?!?!?!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dann

#4hunnid
Reaction Score
the rep was at our game today and with ruty taking the big L they invited ruty?!?!?!?! seeing rumors that ruty got the invite...

-uconn beat ruty and cuse.
-if uconn wins next week they will finish ahead of both in BE standings as well as being bowl elgible.

1-how do you not wait one more week for the results?
2-if uconn loses next week, then fine. invite ruty and everything is fine.

but how the do you not wait a week and see what happens? maybe i'm just a homer but for a down year considering the past couple here, nyc would have been great for this fanbase to regroup and give the program momentum for next year.

Reaction Score
the rep was at our game today and with ruty taking the big L they invited ruty?!?!?!?! seeing rumors that ruty got the invite...

-if uconn wins next week they will finish ahead of both in BE standings as well as being bowl elgible.

but how the do you not wait a week and see what happens? maybe i'm just a homer but for a down year considering the past couple here, nyc would have been great for this fanbase to regroup and give the program momentum for next year.
You aren't considering what matters in your analysis. You are using the concept of fairness. It is money. RU will sell more tickets than UCONN. Their bowl traveling history supports that prediction. I would LOVE to play in that game though.

jbdphi

Aussie Aussie Aussie!
Reaction Score
You aren't considering what matters in your analysis. You are using the concept of fairness. It is money. RU will sell more tickets than UCONN. Their bowl traveling history supports that prediction. I would LOVE to play in that game though.

It would also probably generate a more favorable television rating. An 8-4 team on paper just looks better regardless of how they performed head to head against us. My hope is that we get St. Pete's and aren't relegated to searching for an at-large berth in an unaffiliated bowl.

Reaction Score

Where are you seeing this? Other than "projection" sites - I haven't seen anything?

Here is the "official" order:

The Champs Sports Bowl will have the first selection from the BIG EAST after the league's BCS representative has been determined. The BIG EAST's opponent in the Champs Sports Bowl will be from the Atlantic Coast Conference. The Champs Sports Bowl will have the opportunity to select Notre Dame, in place of a BIG EAST team, once during the four-year agreement.

The BIG EAST has extended its agreement with the Belk Bowl in Charlotte, N.C., through the 2013 season as well. The Belk Bowl (previously known as the Meineke Car Care Bowl) will have the BIG EAST's third selection, after the BCS and Champs Sports Bowl.

The 2010 season featured the introduction of a new bowl game in New York City when the BIG EAST participated in the first New Era Pinstripe Bowl at Yankee Stadium. The New Era Pinstripe Bowl pits the fourth overall selection from the BIG EAST against a team from the Big 12 Conference. In the event that the Big 12 is unable to supply a team for the game, Notre Dame could step in as the opponent of the BIG EAST's representative.

The BIG EAST completed its bowl lineup in April 2010 by renewing deals with the BBVA Compass Bowl in Birmingham, Ala., and the Beef '0' Brady's Bowl in St. Petersburg, Fla. The conference also announced a new agreement with the AutoZone Liberty Bowl in Memphis, Tenn. The BIG EAST will send teams to two of those three games in each of the 2010-13 seasons.

The BBVA Compass Bowl pairs a BIG EAST team against an opponent from the Southeastern Conference at Legion Field in Birmingham. BIG EAST teams are a combined 5-0 in the BBVA Compass Bowl.

If a BIG EAST team is chosen for the AutoZone Liberty Bowl, the conference's representative would face either the Conference USA champion or an opponent from the Southeastern Conference.

The Beef '0' Brady's Bowl will be played for the fourth time in 2011 with the BIG EAST scoring wins in each of the first three games. The BIG EAST will face Conference USA at Tropicana Field in St. Petersburg.

whaler11

Head Happy Hour Coach
Reaction Score
I actually talked to a couple of bowl reps today. If you ignore the ridiculous blazers, they have a great job.

whaler11

Head Happy Hour Coach
Reaction Score
They took Syracuse last year, the only reason I thought they might pass on Rutgers was because they played Army there a few weeks ago and the novelty would be worn off. They take Rutgers now and they can start selling tickets, instead of waiting around to see if UConn wins next week. The second RU was out of the BCS picture they were going to the Yankee Bowl.

Reaction Score
Also, the Rutgers-Army game & the Pinstripe Bowl were marketed as a two game package.

Reaction Score
WHEN ( yes when ) we beat Cincy next weekend we should get the NY Yankee Bowl plain and simple... RU's record is too good to take that bowl game... They should be travelling someplace else....

Reaction Score
Why is this bad for either RU or the PB? Aside from SU, RU is the 2d best option for the PB. We can moan all we want, but there is more of an appeal to the PB of taking RU than UC. Head to head is meaningless, unless we are advocating Iowa State go to a BCS game ahead of Ok State. Let's win on Sat., get to 6-6 and then look for a spot. I, too, would like to see us in the PB one day, but not being selected while sitting at 5-6 is not the end of the world.

At this point, you have UC or UL going to BCS. Champs likely taking ND. Belk will go w/WVU. UL/UC will end up in Birmingham. RU to PB. IF we win, we are left fighting w/Pitt for St. Pete or Memphis.

Let's win on Sat., and then object to bowl placement. If I were PB I would have selected RU.

Reaction Score
Rutgers brought a really nice crowd to the Rent on Saturday. Too bad (not really) their team didn't show up.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sad Tiger

Top Bottom