Yahoo Sports Draft Predictions April 6 | The Boneyard

Yahoo Sports Draft Predictions April 6

Reaction Score
7 is the highest I've seen, and there was another one today with him at 18. Kinda a big range, no? Hopefully a GM in the top 10 falls in love with him during the combine

Reaction Score
Well the analysts don't seem too down on Bouknight's shooting struggles and injury problems. I'm of the belief that his legs were not right after the cramping and it robbed him of his explosiveness and jump shooting in tournament play. I'm rooting for Bouk to go in the lottery but its hard for me to believe that he's so far ahead of Juzang in these mock drafts.

Reaction Score
7 is the highest I've seen, and there was another one today with him at 18. Kinda a big range, no? Hopefully a GM in the top 10 falls in love with him during the combine
As @Abe1 said in another thread, ignore the mock drafts. Like any lists, they inspire debate but we'll see how accurate they are. The fact that Bouknight is in such a relatively large range over the many mock drafts is evidence that they all won't be correct.

Reaction Score
Why? Juzang is a crafty bucket getter but there's a limit to how high he's going to climb on these rankings relative to guys who are just better than he is.
Agreed, he was probably the best player in the entire tournament but Bouknight is on an entirely different level than him athletically.

Reaction Score
ESPN for insiders had a mock with him at 17 to the hawks. Got “jumped” by Mitchell & Cam Thomas

BGesus4

Running everywhere
Reaction Score
When Bouk was at his best (eg the first quarter of that nova game) there are very few players if any that can match the ease with which he can score in all types of ways.

there will be plenty of GMs willing to bet they can harness that. From the impression a friend of mine who used to work in a front office has, I would guess the feedback he got was VERY positive, ie much more like 5-10 than 10-15. Again, without specific knowledge.

Juzang is an incredible tough shot maker on the college level, but he struggled to get by his man regularly (hence the tough shots), which I think will prevent him from cracking the lottery, and maybe even the first round.

HuskyHawk

The triumphant return of the Blues Brothers.
Reaction Score
Sneaky bouncy? I don't think it's sneaky. He has great hops, and is incredibly quick off the floor. It's why he's such a good rebounder. He sometimes has a putback before the guy next to him leaves the floor. Anyway, 11 would certainly be a great result for him.

Reaction Score
I don’t see 7 but he had a lot more good nights than bad nights and that’s what the scouts are looking at. could he be the next CJ McCollum?

Reaction Score
Also interesting to see Brandon Boston at 33, Justin Champagnie at 43, Charles Bassey at 44, Jeremiah Robinson-Earl at 47, Luke Garza at 48, Juzang at 53, Terrence Clark at 54, Bones Hyland at 55, David Duke at 56 and Sandro Mamukelashvili at 60.
When are guys like Boston and Clarke (the latest to get sucked into the myth of "getting to the league" by virtue of being on the Kentucky roster) going to wake up to the fact they're tools of Calipari and going there is not likely in their best interests?
Especially Terrence Clarke. I mentioned a player on his prep school team to Tom Moore and he told me they'd be seeing him when attending Clarke's games. Clarke chose the name school and look what it got him.

Reaction Score
Also interesting to see Brandon Boston at 33, Justin Champagnie at 43, Charles Bassey at 44, Jeremiah Robinson-Earl at 47, Luke Garza at 48, Juzang at 53, Terrence Clark at 54, Bones Hyland at 55, David Duke at 56 and Sandro Mamukelashvili at 60.
When are guys like Boston and Clarke (the latest to get sucked into the myth of "getting to the league" by virtue of being on the Kentucky roster) going to wake up to the fact they're tools of Calipari and going there is not likely in their best interests?
Especially Terrence Clarke. I mentioned a player on his prep school team to Tom Moore and he told me they'd be seeing him when attending Clarke's games. Clarke chose the name school and look what it got him.

Weird take. There are 32 Kentucky players in the NBA right now. Only Duke even comes close to that number. Blaming the school or the coach because two freshmen decided to leave early seems odd. (And I'd reserve judgment on both of those kids - they're 19 - who knows where they'll be in 5 years.) The level of Calipari derangement on this board blows away any other bogeyman.

August_West

Universal remote, put it down on docking station.
Reaction Score
Agreed, he was probably the best player in the entire tournament but Bouknight is on an entirely different level than him athletically.
It’s amazing how people think tourney success = draft status. It can help or elevate a touch, but you are who you are. Napier was best player in college hoops in 2014, he was drafted 24.

Reaction Score
Weird take. There are 32 Kentucky players in the NBA right now. Only Duke even comes close to that number. Blaming the school or the coach because two freshmen decided to leave early seems odd. (And I'd reserve judgment on both of those kids - they're 19 - who knows where they'll be in 5 years.) The level of Calipari derangement on this board blows away any other bogeyman.
I know. Calipari has been there 12 years and has 7 EEs 4 FFs and a championship. Far and away most pros too in that time span. Imagine if Dan Hurley did that over the next 12 years? This place would burn down the Hall of Fame for not having him in there.

Reaction Score
it's a strange situation -- calipari clearly has a great eye for talent and an undeniable pitch to recruits, but the trope of "player underperforms at kentucky, drops in the draft, then turns out to be great in the league" has basically become an nba meme. there are so many examples. it's not hard to imagine the same thing happening to bj boston, who was projected as a lottery pick before he arrived there.

Reaction Score
The Kentucky board Calipari derangement seems worse, I think they may hate him more than this board does.

ClifSpliffy

surf's up
Reaction Score
it's a strange situation -- calipari clearly has a great eye for talent and an undeniable pitch to recruits, but the trope of "player underperforms at kentucky, drops in the draft, then turns out to be great in the league" has basically become an nba meme. there are so many examples. it's not hard to imagine the same thing happening to bj boston, who was projected as a lottery pick before he arrived there.
me. i've been on the bj boston bandwagon here from day one. as usual, i'll just wait for others to figger it out, prolly a year or two. as to the top? first comes evan, then everrone else. if it doesn't happen like that, well, someone not named me, has to pay retail. james will place in the draft fine as pie, since there are plenty in that game who don't need glasses, and tend to buy wholesale. i bet some of those drafters are telling their braintrust pals 'kid has special hands.'

Reaction Score
JB's team workouts will have the biggest effect on his draft position. And teams keep those opinions to themselves. Just hope he is great in those sessions.

Edward Sargent

Sargelak
Reaction Score
ouch 7 to Cleveland

Reaction Score
Take a Peek at Yahoo Sports putting JB in at Number 11.

I did not think Boeheim or Juzang were leaving college this year. Absolutely no way Boeheim leaves, sounds like older brother mat join him for a year. Kudos to Bouknight, if he is a lottery pick no one can say he made the wrong move. There were times when I thought he would become the next legendary player at Storrs.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sad Tiger

Top Bottom