Yahoo - Jim Boeheim calls lack of home crowd support 'sickening' for 6-5 Syracuse | The Boneyard

Yahoo - Jim Boeheim calls lack of home crowd support 'sickening' for 6-5 Syracuse

Reaction Score
“I had to cheer to try to get somebody to make some noise. It’s sad, sickening really, to see that we can’t get some help here. We desperately need it and it picked up our defense just enough. We got a couple deflections, made a couple plays out of it. But we have to have some help there. That’s the whole purpose of playing at home and I’m a little too old to try to be a cheerleader here.” - Boeheim

Reaction Score
old man yells at cloud

Attachments

• cloud.jpg
    cloud.jpg
    36.5 KB · Views: 31
Reaction Score
Buddy, Hughes, Girard and Dolezaj all played 36 or more minutes................ against Oakland. Conversely, UConn played 10 players last night and 9 had 16 minutes of PT or greater. Boeheim has no depth and limited talent and lacks the patience to give freshmen time to develop. . He has none of the 6-6" skilled wings that made the zone so challenging. They are boring to watch and there is nothing that makes their fans think that there is a chance that they will sniff a tourney bid. Boeheim struck out on recruiting and even the top players in his recent classes (Carey, Brissett, Battle, Thompson) either were flops, left early and went undrafted, or transferred. Even the 4-stars in the 2019 class are struggling and not seeing significant PT.

Cap this off with losing top recruits to UConn and there isn't much for their fan base to get excited about.

Last edited:

willie99

Loving life & enjoying the ride, despite the bumps
Reaction Score
I don't think anything he said was so wrong, he wants crowds and he wants them involved.

Pretty sure Geno has said something similar in the past

The crowd does matter, we need more too

Huskyforlife

Akokbouk
Reaction Score
I don't think anything he said was so wrong, he wants crowds and he wants them involved.

Pretty sure Geno has said something similar in the past

The crowd does matter, we need more too
Him and Geno have a lot in common.

Reaction Score
This is all about attendance problem. Pretty much the same story everywhere. UNC recently moved a game to their small gym rather than the Dean Dome because it didn’t make sense to play in the big arena given the crowd. We draw 4500 at Gampel. Of course playing a game on campus in the middle of exams/start of Christmas break is dumb in any case. But tv is more important. Fans in the seats could be replaced with cardboard cutouts and a soundtrack for background

intlzncster

i fart in your general direction
Reaction Score
Him and Geno have a lot in common.

Sarcasm? Him and Geno have almost nothing in common stylistically speaking. Except being friends.

I do think it's funny tho. Syracuse has been gifted with one of the best home court advantages in college basketball in terms of fan support; fans have nothing else to do in that god forsaken place, so they go to Syracuse games. And on top of that, they play in an aircraft hanger, so shooting is ruff when you aren't used to it.

This is the last thing Boeheim can bitch about. Fans don't want to see Buddy playing. Can't blame em

ClifSpliffy

surf's up
Reaction Score
“I had to cheer to try to get somebody to make some noise. It’s sad, sickening really, to see that we can’t get some help here. We desperately need it and it picked up our defense just enough. We got a couple deflections, made a couple plays out of it. But we have to have some help there. That’s the whole purpose of playing at home and I’m a little too old to try to be a cheerleader here.” - Boeheim

don't do it jim, don't be that guy. not a good look.

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
This is what happens in a land where we make coaches untouchable
Well given where his hands have been, would you really want to touch him?

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dogsdogsdog

Top Bottom