xrm visit will have shi$y weather | The Boneyard

xrm visit will have shi$y weather

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Glad for the rain Saturday, maybe he won't go to the football game. :)

GemParty

Co~host of the Sliders & Curveballs Podcast
Reaction Score
Cheif00- I like your confidence with XRM. Do you think Ollie can wrap him up this weekend, rather than waiting on pins & needles til Oct 13?

Dove

Part of the 2%
Reaction Score
X Man is in the bag.

As for the weather...he ain't coming to go hiking, fishing or birdwatching. He's coming to see the campus and play some hoops. He'll get a free umbrella and like it.

Reaction Score
X Man is in the bag.

As for the weather...he ain't coming to go hiking, fishing or birdwatching. He's coming to see the campus and play some hoops. He'll get a free umbrella and like it.
:)

Reaction Score
X Man is in the bag.

A FREE umbrella? Isn't that some kind of major recruiting violation!

Reaction Score
If a player does not come to UCONN the reason will not be because it is raining that day. Maybe with schools like FSU that matters- but we are basically in the middle of farm country and no player picks UCONN because of our fantastic weather or location.

We get the players that want the basketball equivalent of a kung dojo- study the game- focus- get better and then move on and go to the beach on a private plane.

Reaction Score
This thread was a failed attempt at humor...we have all those death storm threads...sorry

If a player does not come to UCONN the reason will not be because it is raining that day. Maybe with schools like FSU that matters- but we are basically in the middle of farm country and no player picks UCONN because of our fantastic weather or location.

We get the players that want the basketball equivalent of a kung dojo- study the game- focus- get better and then move on and go to the beach on a private plane.

Reaction Score
If a player does not come to UCONN the reason will not be because it is raining that day. Maybe with schools like FSU that matters- but we are basically in the middle of farm country and no player picks UCONN because of our fantastic weather.

Yeah, with the cold, snowy, bleak winters, what's a little rain?
Interestingly, Ray Allen said that the beautiful fall foliage was a factor on his recruiting trip.

Waquoit

Mr. Positive
Reaction Score
This thread was a failed attempt at humor...we have all those death storm threads...sorry

An epic failure. Isn't it an in-home visit? Leave humor to the experts, son.

Reaction Score
An epic failure. Isn't it an in-home visit? Leave humor to the experts, son.

Jabari Parker has the in-home visit tonight. XRM is coming on an official visit this weekend. Next few days are pretty huge in regards to recruiting.

Reaction Score
Yup

Jabari Parker has the in-home visit tonight. XRM is coming on an official visit this weekend. Next few days are pretty huge in regards to recruiting.

Reaction Score
Dairy Barn.

Play pickup ball with 4 NBA players & this years team. We either get him because of all that was built over the last year & top with a good feel ... or we don't.

Reaction Score

LOL, and I agree for the most part.

I seriously doubt the deciding factor is going to be weather. For goodness sake, the kid's from Canada. The weather during his visit will be the last thing he notices.

I think it's going to come down to the impression KO leaves with this young man. Have you ever met someone who always seems to leave a profound impact on your life whenever we spent time with them? I think KO is this type of person to many, especially young men. My prediction is simple. If XRM leaves this visit thinking, "I really want to be around this guy. He'll make a difference in my life.", he's going to be a Husky. I realize there are some uncertainties about what the post-Calhoun era is going to be like and if KO will get that extension, but if he continues to view KO the way I think he does, he'll take his chances for the opportuntity of being mentored on and off the court by KO.

If it plays out this way with XRM and hopefully with one or two other elite recruits, who would have thought that the latest recruits would equate UConn with KO, in similar (not implying the same way) fashion that the past ones did with JC. I realize that each coach has distinct attributes that attrack different types of kids, though maybe in some cases attracks similar ones (blue colar hard working ones), but the general dynamic might be at play. One dynamic that KO has going for him is with his faith in Jesus. Kids that place high marks on being mentored spiritually seem to be particularly impressed with Olie. In the long run, he'll need to show that he is able to develop his players on the court as well as off. But until he develops a head coaching resume, the perception that KO can impact these types of young men who want become men of character, and in some cases, men of God, makes UConn an attractive place to spend a few years. Once he proves himself on the court, UConn will become even a more attractive place for good players who are good kids.

I'm not implying we haven't had these type of kids over the years, because we've had many of them. Though I'm sure there have been some recruits over the years that JC scared the Ba-Jesus out of them :) , maybe better put intimidated by him and wanted no part of being coached by him. JC definately attracted emotionally and mentally tough kids. The ones who came here that weren't, often had short stays. I'm sure we could all name a bunch.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dogsdogsdog

Top Bottom