XL Student Advice | The Boneyard

XL Student Advice

Reaction Score
Sooo planning on getting to XL super early tomorrow. Any advice on how early to get there to be in the front of student section / best entrance to camp out at (looks like its gonna rain so if there are any entrances that have covering let me know)

XLCenterFan

CT, NE
Reaction Score
2/3 entrances have cover. The only one that doesn't is on the corner of Church/Ucello. No clue on how early to arrive. I will tell you that doors open 1 hour prior to tip...not sure if many others are looking to do the same as you.

Reaction Score
camping out? The Hilton across the street. At least, that's what we did for a couple of the bigger XL games during my years (13-17). Not that we even needed to at that point, mind you. But it was still fun to get out there super early before a noon saturday game and just drink in front of the student entrance, under that little cover they have.

Edit: and more advice, from someone who was still always the first one in line during my later years despite the team's downturn: bring friends and booze. can't exactly play drinking games or be super obvious about it, but it helps set the tone for sure. cops and XL employees never gave us any trouble, so long as we kept to ourselves and under the roof/close to the doors.

Reaction Score
camping out? The Hilton across the street. At least, that's what we did for a couple of the bigger XL games during my years (13-17). Not that we even needed to at that point, mind you. But it was still fun to get out there super early before a noon saturday game and just drink in front of the student entrance, under that little cover they have.

Edit: and more advice, from someone who was still always the first one in line during my later years despite the team's downturn: bring friends and booze. can't exactly play drinking games or be super obvious about it, but it helps set the tone for sure. cops and XL employees never gave us any trouble, so long as we kept to ourselves and under the roof/close to the doors.
Oh the booze has already been acquired

Reaction Score
Just a reminder you won't be able to bring any bags in so you will have to have another way to carry your booze. Used to slide a few nips into our boots to bring into the game. Could usually fit at least 2 or 3 into a standard Timberland.

Reaction Score
Wear a belt, get a shoelace, hang the soda bottle full of alc in your pants. That survives most if not all pat downs. At least it did from 06-09 when jeans were a little baggier.

Reaction Score
I'd say get a single dorm so you have room to stretch out.

Wait, are you XL?

UChusky916

Making the board a little less insufferable
Reaction Score
Don't take the uconn bus shuttle, youll get there too late. Drive and park at a lot.

Whatever you bring to "camp out" with in line, be prepared to bring the leftovers back to the car before they let you in (typically ~90 mins prior to tip).

Nip advice in the thread so far is good. Don't forget water too or you'll be hungover by halftime

Reaction Score
Just a reminder you won't be able to bring any bags in so you will have to have another way to carry your booze. Used to slide a few nips into our boots to bring into the game. Could usually fit at least 2 or 3 into a standard Timberland.
Should have had a fat suit and bladder.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dogsdogsdog

Top Bottom