XL Scoreboard - Fan experience | The Boneyard

XL Scoreboard - Fan experience

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
I think the XL Center needs some more balance between advertising and fan experience. After all, we pay $30/ticket.

I think when they did the upgrades, they put the focus was adding more video advertising and not focusing on the fan experience.

A while back, I called the XL center suggesting the use of the video section just below the scores on the center megatron where there was only a rolling Husky logo. I was told the GM takes all comments seriously. I guess he does as soon after, that space was also filled with advertising.

I don't know why they can't find some space (as that below the megatron) to show stats for all ten players on the court (rather than a scroll of 2 player per team at a time) and some teams stats like at Gample and maybe the scores of league games going on.

Please XL Center at least upgrade to something that matches Gample.

Reaction Score
Good luck with that. I emailed the XL Center concerning the microscopic type size used on scoreboard for individual stats, timeouts, teams fouls, etc... and was told to email someone at UConn (who did reply) and he said changes had already been made but they would continue to "look into it". Pitiful.

zls44

Your #icebus Tour Director
Reaction Score
A while back, someone on Twitter asked Kyle Muncy (@UConnTrademark) why UConn doesn't use the courtside LED boards to promote the program's history along with ads, such as you see at Louisville, Indiana, UNC, Notre Dame. His response, paraphrased: we'd like to, but we need the money from the ads.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dogsdogsdog
Top Bottom