XL & Gampel Sellout tracker... | Page 2 | The Boneyard

XL & Gampel Sellout tracker...

Reaction Score
I suspect we'll sell out by the book close to every game. Whether season ticket holders in the lower bowl decide to show up and put their ass in a seat is a different question.

Even giving away tickets when you can’t go isn’t as easy as you would think. I posted a couple of games on FB early season when I was traveling and didn’t get any bites. Lots of likes and “let me know if you can’t go to any of the good games” messages.

Reaction Score
Even giving away tickets when you can’t go isn’t as easy as you would think. I posted a couple of games on FB early season when I was traveling and didn’t get any bites. Lots of likes and “let me know if you can’t go to any of the good games” messages.

Why didn't you post on here? It's the most direct way to get at your audience; you'd have a bite in 10 minutes.

Samoo

Providence-Newark-San Antonio
Reaction Score
Maybe you could be done so everybody wins? Season ticket holders "sells back" their ticket at $.50 on the dollar of whatever the school can make by reselling it.
  • Season ticket holders gets a break on games they can't attend
  • University gets to sell the same set of tickets twice
  • Games look better on TV since the lower bowl is more likely to be filled
  • Students get access to more tickets.
  • The school discourages dumping of season tickets on the aftermarket.
  • Sell back plan makes the Season ticket holders clan more attractive for purchasers who won't make every game.
Use the proceeds to fund NIL

Mr. Wonderful

Whistleblower
Reaction Score
What the hell you posting it on facebook for? There's your problem right there.

Reaction Score
Why didn't you post on here? It's the most direct way to get at your audience; you'd have a bite in 10 minutes.
This. Whenever I can’t use my tickets, I post here and have never had my seats go unused no matter the opponent.

And beyond that, it’s to a real UConn fan who is psyched to us them. Almost every time I’ve given (or sold) to someone here, I get a big thanks, a scouting report or some acknowledgement after and it’s awesome knowing they’re going to someone who appreciates.

Last edited:

krinklecut

Class of '11
Reaction Score
If NAU was sold out how did I move to better seats that were still available on the UConn ticket site at tip?

Reaction Score
If NAU was sold out how did I move to better seats that were still available on the UConn ticket site at tip?
tickets are sold but ticket holders don’t go. Although why tickets are available at UConn site is confusing.

Reaction Score
What the hell you posting it on facebook for? There's your problem right there.

Trust me - half the time I post here in the ticket exchange they don't get taken either.

Here is my process:

1) Text the guy I split tickets with at Gampel
2) Text the 3 other good friends that are UCONN fans that don't have tickets
3) Then FB - so they go to someone I know
4) Then here

It is work to get rid of tickets. And I've never asked more than face value no matter the game.

Reaction Score
Trust me - half the time I post here in the ticket exchange they don't get taken either.

Here is my process:

4) Then here

It is work to get rid of tickets. And I've never asked more than face value no matter the game.
I've had to fire sale MBB tickets to get rid of them even on here. Football tickets, furgedaboutit, can't give them away.

krinklecut

Class of '11
Reaction Score
tickets are sold but ticket holders don’t go. Although why tickets are available at UConn site is confusing.
There were about 30 to choose from. Was easily able to find some seat backs to sit in by checking the site. It wasn’t sold out.

McLovin

Gangstas, what's up?
Reaction Score
Use the proceeds to fund NIL
Couldn’t do it through the athletic department, but my brother and I have talked about how someone should launch a ticket exchange to compete with Ticket Master, Vivid Seats, etc. where a portion of the fees goes to NIL.

Reaction Score

Here is my process:

4) Then here

No one checks the ticket exchange. Post directly on the men's board. You're making this so difficult for yourself dude.

I have literally checked the exchange once in the past decade of posting here and I'm far too involved with this place.

Reaction Score
No one checks the ticket exchange. Post directly on the men's board. You're making this so difficult for yourself dude.

I have literally checked the exchange once in the past decade of posting here and I'm far too involved with this place.
I've had good luck selling on the exchange, you might be pleasantly surprised if you give it a shot.

Reaction Score
I've had good luck selling on the exchange, you might be pleasantly surprised if you give it a shot.
I agree; I live 5 hours away but still have season tickets and have relied on the exchange for getting rid of or selling my tickets. Has been successful almost every time

Reaction Score

I'm not making things difficult for myself at all. I'm not the one that cares. I paid for the tickets and would prefer they get used but I don't lose any sleep over it. I just posted 4 for tomorrow and I'm sure nobody will take them - but it is AKPB so it isn't like anyone that wants to get into the building will get shut out. I don't think I've ever had my seats empty for an important game.

If the goal was getting rid of them and that's it - it isn't that hard to do. But they are an asset and I have good seats and would prefer to share them with my friends first. I'm just responding to those that want to call people like me *&^% because my seats are empty for a few games a year. As if buying them and eating the seat donation isn't good enough.

XLCenterFan

CT, NE
Reaction Score
I doubt the legitimacy of the label “sell out.” I bought tickets off stubhub for the game on Saturday and they came from the UConn Athletic Dept. Makes me think the school buys the remaining seats for certain games and resells on secondary market.

XLCenterFan

CT, NE
Reaction Score
I'm not making things difficult for myself at all. I'm not the one that cares. I paid for the tickets and would prefer they get used but I don't lose any sleep over it. I just posted 4 for tomorrow and I'm sure nobody will take them - but it is AKPB so it isn't like anyone that wants to get into the building will get shut out. I don't think I've ever had my seats empty for an important game.

If the goal was getting rid of them and that's it - it isn't that hard to do. But they are an asset and I have good seats and would prefer to share them with my friends first. I'm just responding to those that want to call people like me *&^% because my seats are empty for a few games a year. As if buying them and eating the seat donation isn't good enough.
If you have seasons and you miss more than one game a year and let seats go empty you are an $&i. Total fairweather move.

XLCenterFan

CT, NE
Reaction Score

I check both. They have both come in handy.

Reaction Score
I doubt the legitimacy of the label “sell out.” I bought tickets off stubhub for the game on Saturday and they came from the UConn Athletic Dept. Makes me think the school buys the remaining seats for certain games and resells on secondary market.
I’d bet this is more tickets that were allocated, whether it be families, sponsors etc that were not claimed so they post with the hope of monetizing them to whatever level they can. The demand is there for a season like this where that type of game doesn’t need to be played.

dvegas

Duck Fuke
Reaction Score
UConn definitely sets aside blocks of tickets for various university affiliated groups, I know because I always attend a Hartford game with one, the email is supposedly going out this week. And I have to pay for the tickets at that point (doubt the seats will be as good and inexpensive as they were last year)

Reaction Score
Every game it is noticeable how many of the upper chairbacks across from the team benches are empty. The top rows are orange so they stick out to the eye. Will see what happens when the BE games start. Empty chairbacks when longtime season ticket holders are crammed into the bench seats in 218-223 is wrong. The new corner one game seats are being purchased every game.

Reaction Score
I'm guessing, but UConn probably holds back a small number of choice tickets for special guests (like Bouknight), or someone else with whom they might like to curry favor.

I'm not quite a dignitary but several years ago, when he was still with us, Dee Rowe got me tickets on the floor in front of 108 for a women's game at Gampel (don't have tickets for the women anymore).

Pretty exciting position from which to watch a game. And, the guy next to me kept referring to Chief and speaking in the third person whenever I asked him a question about the players.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Texasfan01

Top Bottom