OT: - XL Center's 'silver lining' | The Boneyard

OT: XL Center's 'silver lining'

Hans Sprungfeld

Undecided
Reaction Score

Neil Young considers the newer, corporate-moneyed arenas soulless, and too expensive & cumbersome for mounting a tour within the timeframe & relaxed vibe he prefers.

He instead wants to play "barns" (older, not-yet-razed facilities), and mentions XL Center as a desirable candidate.

Don't spend that proposed upgrade money yet, Connecticut.

Reaction Score

Neil Young considers the newer, corporate-moneyed arenas soulless, and too expensive & cumbersome for mounting a tour within the timeframe & relaxed vibe he prefers.

He instead wants to play "barns" (older, not-yet-razed facilities), and mentions XL Center as a desirable candidate.

excellent, we're in the barn category now.

Reaction Score

Not awful company there:

The Forum in Los Angeles, Rochester War Memorial, Toronto’s CNE Coliseum, Nashville Municipal Auditorium, Providence Civic Center, Hartford Civic Center and New York City’s Madison Square Garden

Waquoit

Mr. Positive
Reaction Score
I just joined the Neil Young Archive for the presale codes!

uconnbill

A Half full kind of guy
Reaction Score
A reason to head to Civic Center when Neil Comes to town.

Curiouser
Reaction Score
I just joined the Neil Young Archive for the presale codes!
Please PM with the code when they go on sale? Thank you.

I believe Springsteen shares a similar love for old barns like the XL. He always seems to feel at home there and gives a great show. IIRC he spoke about it once during a show there, maybe 5-10 years ago.

Trey from Phish has also spoken warmly of the XL; I think that derives from the fact that he saw his first Grateful Dead show there.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
deltaop99

Top Bottom