XL center Vs. Bridgeport venue | The Boneyard

XL center Vs. Bridgeport venue

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
I was just wondering what people thought about the rumors of UConn considering to play their home games in Bridgeport instead of Hartford. I've been to the XL center plenty of times but never to Bridgeport. Was trying to find out which venue you guys think is better and which might have the better atmosphere because we all know what most Husky fans think about the XL center and I'm right there with you all. Wish they just played at Gampel all the time. Thoughts? Thanks.

CTBasketball

Former Owner of the Pizza Thread
Reaction Score
Students won't go. I can see them playing there over winter break or maybe a random out of conference game (like the Battle in Seattle with Gonzaga a few years back), but never play their home games there.

Reaction Score
"I was just wondering what people thought about the rumors of UConn considering to play their home games in Bridgeport instead of Hartford."

Oh....I get it...it's... April Fools!!!!

Reaction Score
I was just wondering what people thought about the rumors of UConn considering to play their home games in Bridgeport instead of Hartford. I've been to the XL center plenty of times but never to Bridgeport. Was trying to find out which venue you guys think is better and which might have the better atmosphere because we all know what most Husky fans think about the XL center and I'm right there with you all. Wish they just played at Gampel all the time. Thoughts? Thanks.

Wrong... They are considering playing an odd game or two in southern part of state for increased visibility and booster development. Seen no talk about not playing games @ XL.

Reaction Score
The occasional game down in the part of the state would be a fair enough idea. Let's not get too crazy though.

Reaction Score
The reports were never Bridgeport instead of Hartford. Its just one game maybe even an exhibition. I think it would be a great idea. People have to realize if...and thats a big if this even goes through, it will not be against a top team. We are lookin at a game versus a Quinnipiac or New Hampshire or Coppin St type of team. Chances are if it was played in Hartford it wouldnt sell out anyway so a couple thousand less people is probably worth the trade for exposure.

Reaction Score
I went to a Fairfield game at Webster a few years ago. Pretty nice venue, nothing special. Solid seating, although a few sections were curtained off for the Fairfield game. It would be a good place to play for a game or two.

zls44

Your #icebus Tour Director
Reaction Score
XL Center needs this scoreboard, at minimum size.

325030911946669.jpg

Reaction Score
Why does it have to be an either or?
Bridgeport is an easy drive for Fairfield County or even NYC fans.
It can't hurt recruiting.
Play 2 or 3 ames there every year.
I loved it when UConn played in New Haven.
For Connectect people Fairfield County to Storrs is a trip to the moon.

Reaction Score
If you're going all the way to B'port, why not play the home games at Madison Square Garden? That would get real attention.

Reaction Score
I get what people are saying in that a couple of games in Bridgeport is an easy commute for all the FC fans but come on...you can't play home games an hour and a half away from the school. The idea is absolutely ridiculous. They should be looking at adding more Gampel games, it's tough enough to consistently get a strong student section at XL which is only a 30 minute commute. The students bring the atmosphere and the atmosphere helps win games.

WestHartHusk

$3M a Year With March Off
Reaction Score
Doesn't Kansas does something similar in KC every year? I, for one, think it would be a great idea to play an early season game down there against a Fordham or something. If the game is going to be at the XL anyway (at $50K per game) but only draw 11k, why not take 10k at Webster for $25k?

I think the hold-up on this, though, is the agreement with the XL Center requires all non-Storrs home games be played in Hartford. But maybe we can set up some "neutral" court game there and throw the opposing team a few bucks.

Reaction Score
lol not an april fools joke and I never said i wanted this to happen. I've just heard rumors about some games being played there eventually maybe I heard wrong. Hopefully we just get more games to be played at gampel when its all said and done.

Reaction Score
lol not an april fools joke and I never said i wanted this to happen. I've just heard rumors about some games being played there eventually maybe I heard wrong. Hopefully we just get more games to be played at gampel when its all said and done.

Jluc -

No problem....but what you just wrote above is entirely different than the very first sentence in your post that started this thread:

"I was just wondering what people thought about the rumors of UConn considering to play their home games in Bridgeport instead of Hartford..."

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Vincent22

Top Bottom