XL Center Renovations Update | The Boneyard

XL Center Renovations Update

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score

http://www.xlcenter.com/Chapter40

Good to see things are coming along nicely and should be ready by the first week in October. Thank God they're fixing the beer system - I've gotten some pretty skunked beers in the past and for $8 a pop, you can bet your ass I'm still going to drink it.

RoderickSpode

7th Earl of Sidcup
Reaction Score
That video is the definition of unitentional (I assume) hilarity.

The combination of the soundtrack, the appearance/deadpan vocal delivery of that guy, and the fact that the video is trying to get us pumped up about superficial enhancements to a 40 year old arena -- gotta love it.

Reactions: PWS

Husky25

Dink & Dunk beat the Greatest Show on Turf.
Reaction Score

http://www.xlcenter.com/Chapter40

Good to see things are coming along nicely and should be ready by the first week in October. Thank God they're fixing the beer system - I've gotten some pretty skunked beers in the past and for $8 a pop, you can bet your ass I'm still going to drink it.

I never thought the beer was skunked. It did have a certain taste that I could never put my finger on...Sort of buttery at times. I don't even want to guess what combination of bacteria can produce that particular sensation. On the other hand it took less dollars to catch a buzz. :eek:

Reaction Score
When it's all said and done the renovations are going to be just as good as Madison Square Garden renovation.

HuskyV

Connecticut UConn Husky
Reaction Score
I am hoping that they figured out a way so that concession lines do not block traffic when more than 3 people are buying a hot dog.

Reaction Score
I could care lee about all this other stuff. As long as there are two hoops, a floor, and a place for me to sit (or stand) to watch a game I am happy. People put too much into what a building looks like. I spend most of my time watching the game.

Reaction Score
I never thought the beer was skunked. It did have a certain taste that I could never put my finger on...Sort of buttery at times. I don't even want to guess what combination of bacteria can produce that particular sensation. On the other hand it took less dollars to catch a buzz. :eek:

the beer has always tasted less like beer and more like beer-flavored water.

Reaction Score
I could care lee about all this other stuff. As long as there are two hoops, a floor, and a place for me to sit (or stand) to watch a game I am happy. People put too much into what a building looks like. I spend most of my time watching the game.

well, you're going to miss parts of the game while you're waiting in line trying to squeeze into the broom closet-sized men's room when you need to pee out the beer-flavored water.

Husky25

Reaction Score

The XL Center is competing with the couch, cheap (and better) food, and the 50 inch LED. They are also targeting the big dollar spending patrons. When entertainment can attract the big spender, Marquee acts find the venue more attractive. In turn, Management can charge the higher quality acts higher rent and increase the value for the time spent at the arena.

At the risk of bas-d-izing Ollie's comments, The goal is not for the arena to chase tenants. The goal is to make the facility so attractive that they have to turn away the lower level acts because the schedule is booked with marquee, high paying rents and patrons to consume them.

Husky25

Reaction Score
the beer has always tasted less like beer and more like beer-flavored water.
Even beer flavored water should not taste buttery.

Reaction Score
Even beer flavored water should not taste buttery.

ButterbeerMillions.jpg

Last edited:
Reaction Score
can't see the picture.

Fixed it (I hope). It's a photo of Harry Potter Butter Beer that they sell at Universal Studios in Florida.

Husky25

Reaction Score
Ahh. Haven't Ben to Universal since 7th grade...

What's funny (or sick) though is when I saw Half Blood Prince, the first thing I thought of was the Coors Light at the XL Center.

Reaction Score
Are they going to replace all the seats? Seems like a waste of money, the seats are fine.
Looks like lower bowl if anything?? I was trying to search but came up empty

Reaction Score
XL is a dump and it will remain such

None of these renovations will expand the concourses, improve the concessions or rework the site lines

Spend $150m for a new 15k on campus at Storrs

Waquoit

Mr. Positive
Reaction Score
Spend $150m for a new 15k on campus at Storrs
That's gonna happen. Right after the new FB stadium and 4-lane connector from I-84.

Reaction Score
What connector? Traffic backs up forever with that stupid design

Hartford should do what Kansas City did with Sprint Center and Power & Light complex. Move arena close to convention center and integrate all that stuff.

Cost $300-400mil, but a better investment than the busline

M
That's gonna happen. Right after the new FB stadium and 4-lane connector from I-84.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sad Tiger

Top Bottom