Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Reaction Score
Boy, didn't see this one coming!

Keep all games in Hartford tho on campus blowz for driving

SonsOfNutmeg

#TheCut #HuskyRevolution
Reaction Score
Here's the question, for a new Freitas, or whatever else on-campus arena for hockey they plan on building, if we can't get the state to fix the aging heap that is the XL Center, how the hell can we expect the state's flagship university (which is already nearly tapped-out in terms of fundraising from private donors for big projects- think Basketball Center and new Soccer/Baseball facilities) to gain the kind of funding we'll need to build a state-of-the-art hockey barn in Storrs?? I know that Hockey East mandated that we build a legit on-campus rink, but right now the XL Center is our home and the only real viable facility for UConn Hockey.

Reaction Score
Here's the question, for a new Freitas, or whatever else on-campus arena for hockey they plan on building, if we can't get the state to fix the aging heap that is the XL Center, how the hell can we expect the state's flagship university (which is already nearly tapped-out in terms of fundraising from private donors for big projects- think Basketball Center and new Soccer/Baseball facilities) to gain the kind of funding we'll need to build a state-of-the-art hockey barn in Storrs?? I know that Hockey East mandated that we build a legit on-campus rink, but right now the XL Center is our home and the only real viable facility for UConn Hockey.
The athletic department just came out with an announcement maybe a week ago now that a surcharge will be placed on tickets ($1-$5) which will pay for facility upgrades ($46 million dollars in upgrades to Morrone Stadium, J.O. Christian Field and the Connecticut Softball Complex)...bonds will be issued and paid back with this revenue stream. My guess is that's how this will be done.

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
The athletic department just came out with an announcement maybe a week ago now that a surcharge will be placed on tickets ($1-$5) which will pay for facility upgrades ($46 million dollars in upgrades to Morrone Stadium, J.O. Christian Field and the Connecticut Softball Complex)...bonds will be issued and paid back with this revenue stream. My guess is that's how this will be done.
Two words: George Soros. C'mon big G help your fellow Huskies out!

Reaction Score

Bake sale.

Edit:

Co-ed car wash.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members