XL Center Court | The Boneyard

XL Center Court

Reaction Score
Agreed, I distinctly remember Akok Akok falling down awkwardly. That could have been the season right there.

Reaction Score
Several times I held my breath when players would slip. This has to get fixed. It is a joke.

Chin Diesel

Power of Love
Reaction Score
Can we pin this to the top of the board for all XL Center sucks because of ______________________ comments and observations?

Throw in the city/state (circle one) need to take control of the situation before XXXXX gets hurt.

Throw in a XL needs to be razed and a new building needs to be built.

Throw in a The state needs to put UConn's interests front and center WRT use and upkeep.

Reaction Score
It's an HVAC issue that occurs every year as the systems have to adjust to the change in the environment. If you recall the same slipping occurred at Gampel last year at this time.

McLovin

Gangstas, what's up?
Reaction Score
It was just as bad last season. Went to a lot of XL Center games and noticed a lot of players slipping without contact. Surprised Hurley hasn't been more vocal about this.

Reaction Score
Of course they don't because it doesn't fit their narrative.
I don'r have a narrative, I just know players were slipping and falling all over the court last night and that can cause season ending injuries. Hurley was pissed about it.

Reaction Score
Agreed, I distinctly remember Akok Akok falling down awkwardly. That could have been the season right there.
Yep. It is on the highlight video posted on this forum. At the 2:25 mark a St Michael's guy slips and falls with no contact then Akok slips and falls awkwardly in the exact same spot. It had torn ACL written all over it.

Reaction Score
That last AAC tourney that was held at the XL there was a lot of talk about it. Just doesn't seem to be any urgency to try and fix it if possible. It's not safe.

Reaction Score
Can we pin this to the top of the board for all XL Center sucks because of ______________________ comments and observations?

Throw in the city/state (circle one) need to take control of the situation before XXXXX gets hurt.

Throw in a XL needs to be razed and a new building needs to be built.

Throw in a The state needs to put UConn's interests front and center WRT use and upkeep.
All of which are true statements lol

Reaction Score
That last AAC tourney that was held at the XL there was a lot of talk about it. Just doesn't seem to be any urgency to try and fix it if possible. It's not safe.

Money. The word you were looking for is money, not urgency.

CT residents do not want to spend the money to upgrade XL Center to the 21st century, and prefer to stick to our state pasttime: complaining about it.

Reaction Score
Money. The word you were looking for is money, not urgency.

CT residents do not want to spend the money to upgrade XL Center to the 21st century, and prefer to stick to our state pasttime: complaining about it.
After all the out of staters complained about the XL center during the NCAA tourney, you would think the state would learn that maybe the taxpayers and fans of fun/entertainment have a point. Fix or rebuild.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
NewErA

Top Bottom