XL better be PACKED and ROCKING! | The Boneyard

XL better be PACKED and ROCKING!

UChusky916

Making the board a little less insufferable
Reaction Score
If you're a casual fan, now is the time to jump on the bandwagon, folks. UConn basketball is on the rise again under Hurley.

Tomorrow our fanbase has a huge opportunity to show what UConn nation is all about.

I get that some fans may still be skeptical about this team. Maybe after the Iowa game you're thinking the performance against Cuse was just fool's gold. I think not.

We've got over a dozen big time recruits coming to the game tomorrow. Akok already in the fold (heh). If those guys see a passionate team play hard and get a huge win in front of a raucus fanbase, it will make quite the impression.

More important than the future, is the now. The kids on the team RIGHT NOW finally have a BELIEF and a PASSION for what and who they're playing for. You can see it, and they deserve and have earned our support after some rough times. Many of them felt the same struggle and disappointment we had as fans, only they experienced it in an unimaginably personal level. Let's show up for them and match the passion that they and Hurley have shown so far this year.

It is our duty to show up tomorrow, PACK THE XL, BE LOUD, and support our team. If you're debating buying tickets, JUST DO IT! There is no reason we should not sell out XL tomorrow. Let's show college basketball that UConn is BACK! #bleedblue

Reaction Score
Again, it doesn’t mean you’re a casual fan if you don’t physically go. We are a national university- ranked #19 of public universities. That means we graduate and move away. So we get to games when we can.
Doesn’t make us casual. It means our efforts are Herculean to get to the ones we get to.

UChusky916

Making the board a little less insufferable
Reaction Score
Again, it doesn’t mean you’re a casual fan if you don’t physically go. We are a national university- ranked #19 of public universities. That means we graduate and move away. So we get to games when we can.
Doesn’t make us casual. It means our efforts are Herculean to get to the ones we get to.

I'm not telling folks they need to fly in to CT for the game. Obviously some fans are all over the US and others have unavoidable commitments.

All I'm saying is, if you're free, in reasonable driving distance from Hartford, and you support the team enough to be reading the boneyard... then do your best to buy tickets, show up, and make yourself heard! And if you have tickets and can't go, sell those bad boys so we can fill the seats!

I've missed the sound of a packed and crazed UConn basketball arena, and there's no better time than now to bring that back!

Reaction Score
I'm not telling folks they need to fly in to CT for the game. Obviously some fans are all over the US and others have unavoidable commitments.

All I'm saying is, if you're free, in reasonable driving distance from Hartford, and you support the team enough to be reading the boneyard... then do your best to buy tickets, show up, and make yourself heard! And if you have tickets and can't go, sell those bad boys so we can fill the seats!

I've missed the sound of a packed and crazed UConn basketball arena, and there's no better time than now to bring that back!
But what is reasonable driving distance... it took me 5.5 hours to get to the Morehead State game. It should have taken me maybe 3.25. I was LATE. Got there with 10 minutes left in the first half.

So throw in football in NY metro area and the freaking holidays, I could spend 7-12 hours in the car tomorrow for 3 hours of fun. Ummm, no.

Not casual. Just because the map says it’s driveable doesn’t mean that it’s really driveable. Yes if I don’t want to work on Monday or want to stay in a hotel tonight.

Not casual. Just not spending the whole day in the car.

Reaction Score
Edit please disregard, I’m an idiot who forgot we were playing Arizona tomorrow.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
If you’re reaching “casual” fans on the BY, I don’t know what to call the thousands and thousands of people in XL who have never even heard of this website, let alone keep up with recruiting. Sorry, but it won’t be better than any other cupcake XL game.

I have seen the XL loud at various times

Reaction Score
If you're a casual fan, now is the time to jump on the bandwagon, folks. UConn basketball is on the rise again under Hurley.

Tomorrow our fanbase has a huge opportunity to show what UConn nation is all about.

I get that some fans may still be skeptical about this team. Maybe after the Iowa game you're thinking the performance against Cuse was just fool's gold. I think not.

We've got over a dozen big time recruits coming to the game tomorrow. Akok already in the fold (heh). If those guys see a passionate team play hard and get a huge win in front of a raucus fanbase, it will make quite the impression.

More important than the future, is the now. The kids on the team RIGHT NOW finally have a BELIEF and a PASSION for what and who they're playing for. You can see it, and they deserve and have earned our support after some rough times. Many of them felt the same struggle and disappointment we had as fans, only they experienced it in an unimaginably personal level. Let's show up for them and match the passion that they and Hurley have shown so far this year.

It is our duty to show up tomorrow, PACK THE XL, BE LOUD, and support our team. If you're debating buying tickets, JUST DO IT! There is no reason we should not sell out XL tomorrow. Let's show college basketball that UConn is BACK! #bleedblue
I’d love to be there, even in the crappy seats where you need binoculars!

Reaction Score
I live in the Netherlands. To far for me. But I do get up at all hours of the night, often on workdays to watch the games, whether it’s Arizona or Umass Lowell. That has to count for something as far as the casual fan thing goes!

Reaction Score
All I know is that it has been years since I've had this big game knot in my stomach. Well like UConn Basketball.....it's back !!!!

Tomorrow is not all or nothing but it would make the rest of College Basketball maybe look up and say Oh no not THEM again.

Let's do this Hartford. Loud and Proud. # bleedblue

Reaction Score
I live in the Netherlands. To far for me. But I do get up at all hours of the night, often on workdays to watch the games, whether it’s Arizona or Umass Lowell. That has to count for something as far as the casual fan thing goes!
That’s FLYING distance!

C

Chief00

Who’s starting the FBI chants? Chief?
UL’s last year in the Big East at a Gampel game - Chief was airing Pitino’s very dirty laundry loudly. A rich woman in row at end of game said I never want to see you again in that seat. Chief went to remaining games, sat in his seat and never saw that woman again. I wonder what she thinks now after the prostitution, strippers, sneaker money etc?
Maybe that dude yelling about Pitino’s table sex was right? LOL

Reaction Score
But what is reasonable driving distance... it took me 5.5 hours to get to the Morehead State game. It should have taken me maybe 3.25. I was LATE. Got there with 10 minutes left in the first half.

So throw in football in NY metro area and the freaking holidays, I could spend 7-12 hours in the car tomorrow for 3 hours of fun. Ummm, no.

Not casual. Just because the map says it’s driveable doesn’t mean that it’s really driveable. Yes if I don’t want to work on Monday or want to stay in a hotel tonight.

Not casual. Just not spending the whole day in the car.

I wouldn’t worry - pretty sure he means people like me that live in the Hartford area. I’ll be leaving my house at 11:45 am and will have plenty of time to park, walk to the XL Center and get in my seat before the game starts.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
stanfordnyc

Top Bottom