XFL | The Boneyard

XFL

Reaction Score
How many of you guys have watched the first couple weeks of the XFL and what is everyone’s opinion on it? I think it’s pretty interesting start with some of the new rules. Plus opportunities for cities with no professional teams to possibly get a football team if the ratings stay the way they have started. Two possible good cities I think would be Lincoln Nebraska and evening Hartford. The xfl could cut a deal to use the college facilities and give those two areas a profession team when there’s no hockey basketball baseball or pro football in either of them. Thoughts anyone?

Reaction Score
My 2 boys and I are enjoying it. Decent football and they're not going over the top with gimmicky production stuff. Would like to see more player background during the action so you know where these guys came from. Otherwise, a thumbs up.

Reaction Score
It’s pretty decent. I wish there were more teams which would make the league a bit more interesting. Put a team in New England - Providence or Hartford or New Haven

storrsroars

Exiled in Pittsburgh
Reaction Score
Couldn't give a crap about it. It's hoops and hockey season with spring training about to start. I don't know why multimillionaires and billionaires can't find some better use of their money other than yet another try at unnecessary football.

Reaction Score
It’s fantastic. I’ve watched all 8 games so far. The pace of play in like what the NFL used to be. I’m all in.

UCFBfan

Semi Kings of New England!
Reaction Score
Why would this last longer than the league that they started last year? That league was basically a minor league for football and had decent play on the field. Attendance started rather decent and them plummeted, along with ratings.

I'll wait and see if this follows the same track

hardcorehusky

Lost patience with the garden variety UConn fan
Reaction Score
This league is better funded than the 2019 league. It is more innovative and I think has a shot to make it.

uconnbill

A Half full kind of guy
Reaction Score
I enjoyed it and think the games are good for the most part. I hope it does well and survives the long haul

Reaction Score
Does nothing for me. I love multiple sports in their season. This is not an attack on those who love the XFL just my take. We are heading into March Madness soon with both men's and women's basketball.
Spring training for baseball, The PGA heading into the spring / summer portion of the tour.
NASCAR with the first sign of spring in the south with the Daytona 500 kicking off the season.

Again no attack on anyone who enjoys this product I simply do not have any time or interest. I am open to attack as a hard core UConn football season ticket holder though as some think the few of us left are lunatics. :D :confused:

Reaction Score
I'm enjoying it, but the QBs have been pretty awful outside of Patterson

ShakyTheMohel

Is it 11:11 yet?
Reaction Score
I think I mentioned this in another thread on XFL, but I like the kicking changes. Much more interesting kickoffs and I like the possibility of 3 point plays.

Reaction Score
Why would this last longer than the league that they started last year? That league was basically a minor league for football and had decent play on the field. Attendance started rather decent and them plummeted, along with ratings.

I'll wait and see if this follows the same track
It’s pretty entertaining. The problem I see is the same as the last few false starts. Critical mass. You just can’t start a national league with 8 teams. There isn’t enough variability to sustain long term interest. Also, they need to start during the NFL’s dead week before the Super Bowl. Massive sports void and perfect starting point. Finally they also get a warmup game time slot on super bowl weekend. Those 2 things alone would drive more audience and eyeballs and revenue to carry the league.

Husky25

Dink & Dunk beat the Greatest Show on Turf.
Reaction Score
I hope it succeeds but I have no bandwidth for it.

I recorded a couple games over the opening weekend, but haven't watch much more than a quarter. I'm not invested in any of the teams or players nearly enough to displace other previously scheduled weekend activities.

Reaction Score
I recorded a couple games over the opening weekend, but haven't watch much more than a quarter. I'm not invested in any of the teams or players nearly enough to displace other previously scheduled weekend activities.

I have turned it to the channel it was on and did something else.

Husky25

Reaction Score
This came across my Twitter TL. I think it bears a loose relationship to the subject of upstart leagues.

Incidently, how the runaway answer is not NHL is baffling to me.

Reaction Score
This came across my Twitter TL. I think it bears a loose relationship to the subject of upstart leagues.

Incidently, how the runaway answer is not NHL is baffling to me.

That's a great and also a terrible question. It would be all of the above. Your life would be in the most danger in the NFL and NHL. But the disparity between a pro and a capable amateur is ginormous. Even a scratch golfer trying to play on the PGA Tour would look fairly ridiculous.

Husky25

Reaction Score
That's a great and also a terrible question. It would be all of the above. Your life would be in the most danger in the NFL and NHL. But the disparity between a pro and a capable amateur is ginormous. Even a scratch golfer trying to play on the PGA Tour would look fairly ridiculous.

Amateurs play in both the US Open and the Open Championship (British). One make the cut every once in a while. The disparity isn't in talent or athletic ability. It's in handling the pressure of the environment.

Reaction Score
Amateurs play in both the US Open and the Open Championship (British). One make the cut every once in a while. The disparity isn't in talent or athletic ability. It's in handling the pressure of the environment.

Team sport versus individual sport.

And those amateurs are sub scratch golfers though. If you define scratch as being reasonably competent. I guess it just matters where you set the bar. Most reasonably competent golfers still probably can't come close hitting from the same tees.

My brother plays in the CT Open and he is trending at like a 1.3 handicap. He would get smoked by the amateurs who qualify for the US Open.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
leepaul

Top Bottom