XFL going to force P5 to make a decision? | The Boneyard

XFL going to force P5 to make a decision?

Reaction Score
I was reading that the XFL wont be bound by any rules concerning paying college or high school players. With the WWE network and money XFL could push to be a semi pro league and pay the 5 star college kids money, play in the XFL for a few years get paid and get ready for nfl... or play for a college for free maybe get hurt get no money and then play in the NFL after 3 years. With the WWE network and unlimited broadcast time they can build up the players and give them the publicity that they are looking for. With the good players skipping college the P5 will be forced to leave so they can compete with XFL and these other leagues. Unlike 15/20 years ago I think the XFL has a good chances this time around.

Reaction Score
The AAF doesn't even have a kickoff. What the heck? It is the most dangerous part of the game, yes. But c'mon.

Reaction Score
That's a recipe for kids getting hurt.

Xfl will have men who played major college ball at a high level flatten kids barely out of HS?

Don't think that will catch on.

Reaction Score
That's a recipe for kids getting hurt.

Xfl will have men who played major college ball at a high level flatten kids barely out of HS?

Don't think that will catch on.
Never under estimate the appeal of a buck and the unscrupulousness of the agent community.

Reaction Score
The AAF doesn't even have a kickoff. What the heck? It is the most dangerous part of the game, yes. But c'mon.

A kickoff return can also be one of the most exciting plays in football as well, but this seems like a test to see if people respond favorably to it being removed from the game. A dangerous, explosive kick return guy is a very cool thing in my opinion. The element of a guy being a possibility to break it any time he gets the ball is something that we need more of, not less. I would hate to see kick returns be taken out of the game.

storrsroars

Exiled in Pittsburgh
Reaction Score
Never under estimate the appeal of a buck and the unscrupulousness of the agent community.

Or the desire of certain demographics to watch bloodsport.

Reaction Score
They could modify it to be like a punt/free kick and eliminate the 30 and 40 yard full speed collisions. 10 men on the line for each. Ball must land in play. At lest it keep an exiting part of the game.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sad Tiger

Top Bottom